Verdict Watch

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the foreman say they "had a little more work to do?"

If they are 6 and 6 that says, to me, they have a lot more work to do...if they are going to try and get to a verdict.

Did the jury blow it? Everyone now knows it's 6-6. If it comes back 12-0, will that be considered jury tampering (within the group)??

MOO

Mel

I think Boz has tremendous potential. I criticized him heavily for some of the tactics he used and the way he talked down to defense witnesses. Also the way he lied/manipulated the judge and the lies he told in closing arguments. But out of all of the prosecutors in both trials, he has the potential to be the best.

I would like to see Boz with a different judge, say even JS. It would be interesting to say the least.

What happened? they showed the judge and the courtroom and then I lost the picture. When I finally got it back, it went to the flagpole. Oh, I mean the sign! :)

fran

What happened? they showed the judge and the courtroom and then I lost the picture. When I finally got it back, it went to the flagpole. Oh, I mean the sign! :)

fran

I stepped out for a few and was wondering the same thing, Fran!

fran

We are having horrendous thunderstorms out this way, fran. Our Direct Tv just went out. Hope we don't lose power too.

Did the jury blow it? Everyone now knows it's 6-6. If it comes back 12-0, will that be considered jury tampering (within the group)??

MOO

Mel

It would certainly be bizarre if they got all six to switch in either direction. Something wouldn't be right. I think they'll be out again soon and it'll be over with a hung jury.

Just a side note while JS issues instructions for the forward progress time-line.

All of the attorneys at WC DA Office who are at the superior court level of rotation are excellent. I have one that I despise for his twisting of the law, but that doesn't make him a bad lawyer. It makes him unprofessional and unethical and if it were a defense attorney doing it, we would tear them to shreds. Behavior like that can lead to lengthy appeals and mistrials and possible miscarriage of justice if not reigned in carefully by seasoned professionals.

That having been said, I think this (proof in the juror vote as of now) trial is an example of what happens when the playing field is level, the evidence is debatable and the judge strong and neutral.

I know a lot of you aren't happy with the possible outcome, but I commend all of the players (officers of the court-wise) for having done an excellent job.

The only change I would have made was the cross of JY. I'm with the folks who think it was long in the planning. I think it was a miscalculation on several folks parts to not have that better prepared. However, I am not so sure the defense didn't A) plan it to be a bombshell and B) prepare him for it in a way that played to his chameleon strengths. I am not so sure a harsh cross would have helped. I'm not even sure enough was asked of him to provide for future impeachment by either side.

I do hope they carefully weigh the idea of charging him solely as an accomplice in the future to force everyone's hand.

Does his name rhyme with zoz bellinger?

I agree Wyn. I can't imagine how they could convince 6 to move in another direction.

Does his name rhyme with zoz bellinger?

Yeah. You gotta admire the guy but I heard a witness in a completely unrelated matter today say: Wow, that guy got into the evidence on this one.

I think he and DS would be a decent power combo down the road. Maybe put HC and BH as over-seeing duties.

oh, I bet they're voting again on if they should contine or throw in the towel and declair a hung jury and go home.

fran

I think Boz has tremendous potential. I criticized him heavily for some of the tactics he used and the way he talked down to defense witnesses. Also the way he lied/manipulated the judge and the lies he told in closing arguments. But out of all of the prosecutors in both trials, he has the potential to be the best.

Prosecutors aren't in it for the money. They don't make the big bucks like the high power defense attorneys do. Good prosecutors are in it for their idealism. And passion accompanies that idealism. A passion for the victims of the crimes. The prosecution has the burden of proof. I personally did not witness any lying or manipulating by BZ.

Why would the foreman say they "had a little more work to do?"

If they are 6 and 6 that says, to me, they have a lot more work to do...if they are going to try and get to a verdict.

That quote scares me...better a mistrial than a NG...I hope they don't cave.

Breaking news for Rod Blago - guilty on almost all 20 charges. I believe first trial was hung, right?

I'm just hoping his bond is >$1,000,000.
Pat has some land i'm quite sure she is willing to attach.

Yea, if they get a verdict it will not be good news, moo

After Myron Britt's mistrial (11-1, then conviction), he waited for retrial in Central Prison vs County Jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper