Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think her motivation could have been something along the lines of helping a buddy sell some herb at 60$ an 1/8 (a high price), giving him a new customer. I don't think she would buy herb from him but if some dude who had no connections and was out of the loop was willing to pay 60$ for an 1/8th then what the hell. He has had the same story since the beginning, according to his lawyer. He didn't make it up after the hair was found.

The thing I thought about is I think part of the story was true all along and the other is fabricated. I don't think he would very well tell anyone that he sold weed to anyone. That would just be another charge and another reason to hold him. Buying and selling are 2 different things. Distribution could be a felony charge. While buying to smoke is looked down upon often times you can't be charged with it unless they find it in your possession, which is then a possession charge.

Maybe not, but let me say this....
When I was her age I was a pretty girl too and I too smoked a little here and there and while all of you say she wouldn't have bought from an old guy or she didn't have to buy it. This may be true for her, but let me tell you, my best connection was an old guy who I bought from and smoked for free anytime I wanted. You may all say she wouldn't do that, but I beg to differ because I did. Not only that, at that age, without knowledge and experience, and trusting everyone, thinking you'll never get caught trying to buy, or nothing bad can ever happen to you, you would ask anyone, I know because I did that too. I'm not saying it makes her a bad person, or stupid, I'm saying that makes her a teenager. It happens everyday, everywhere, no matter how smart the teen is. We all do stupid stuff when we're young.
This is just my opinion and my own experiences at that age.

(raises hand) ditto ditto!

Regardless of whether he was selling or buying an 1/8th of kush - why did she go out first and he followed her ... because she didn't know him well enough to have been at his house.

that's how his lie doesn't check out.

and i don't know about anyone else here that dabbled in drugs; but would any of you at 17 have trusted some rando guy in a camo old ride with a spot light on it who had no teeth that said "Hey wanna buy weed? or Hey wanna sell me an 1/8?" I would have been all: "uh no mister tweaker, I cannot!" or "no mister officer.. I do not smoke" lol

my alarms go off when anyone asks me anything to do with drugs in a manner like that.

Regardless of whether he was selling or buying an 1/8th of kush - why did she go out first and he followed her ... because she didn't know him well enough to have been at his house.

that's how his lie doesn't check out.

and i don't know about anyone else here that dabbled in drugs; but would any of you at 17 have trusted some rando guy in a camo old ride with a spot light on it who had no teeth that said "Hey wanna buy weed? or Hey wanna sell me an 1/8?" I would have been all: "uh no mister tweaker, I cannot!" or "no mister officer.. I do not smoke" lol

my alarms go off when anyone asks me anything to do with drugs in a manner like that.

Since you ask, I guess I'll tell my story, even if it makes me look stupid. When I was 20 I had set up a drug deal with the guy who I normally got weed from, but when I got to the place we agreed upon meeting at the guy wasn't there but another guy was. He knew my name and said that the guy I usually buy from was busy and there was a party at his house so he sent him. Because the other guy was mentioned I believed him and bought from him. Soon after I took my purchase I was grabbed and arrested for possession of marijuana. So to answer your question, I don't know what I would have done at 17, I may have bought from him being ill experienced and not thinking anything bad could happen.

Since you ask, I guess I'll tell my story, even if it makes me look stupid. When I was 20 I had set up a drug deal with the guy who I normally got weed from, but when I got to the place we agreed upon meeting at the guy wasn't there but another guy was. He knew my name and said that the guy I usually buy from was busy and there was a party at his house so he sent him. Because the other guy was mentioned I believed him and bought from him. Soon after I took my purchase I was grabbed and arrested for possession of marijuana. So to answer your question, I don't know what I would have done at 17, I may have bought from him being ill experienced and not thinking anything bad could happen.

Hey we all did super stupid stuff. Sorry that your connect narced on you :( Im totally far from exempt but my point was more in the context. She drove out first, he followed behind. We know she didn't get far because her last ping was at 8pm and her phone was found basically where the last ping was and not too long after she left the gas station. She didn't go far before he took control of the situation.

Not to throw a race card into the mix but let's look at the area and how he was even described in the media "redneck" and her being a pretty african american girl of 17. People are still highly racist in the world and being that she's a tiny female and black, with a toothless dude white guy asking about pot.. she had to have felt a tad uncomfortable. It just doesn't add up. And I would have been freaking out that it was a setup of some kind. Im doing a bad job of describing what I mean lol

I'll toss in a story (last one I swear). My long time beau is biracial, Im Jewish. When we are out together we are treated awful and we live in a major us city that "white people" are a minority. One time we were in Texas and a man refused to allow the refueling of the tour bus because " we do not service n- lovers". exact words. This was 6 years ago. Then one of the attendants came out and actually asked us for drugs! He did so because the other person is "black" and I guess assumed he had weed. We were freaked out and got out of there quick.

Hey we all did super stupid stuff. Sorry that your connect narced on you :( Im totally far from exempt but my point was more in the context. She drove out first, he followed behind. We know she didn't get far because her last ping was at 8pm and her phone was found basically where the last ping was and not too long after she left the gas station. She didn't go far before he took control of the situation.

Not to throw a race card into the mix but let's look at the area and how he was even described in the media "redneck" and her being a pretty african american girl of 17. People are still highly racist in the world and being that she's a tiny female and black, with a toothless dude asking about pot.. she had to have felt a tad uncomfortable. It just doesn't add up.

I get what you're saying. He is very creepy! As for what happened to me, the guy I bought from was busted that night and I guess in the mix of all of that he mentioned to the police that I was to meet him and buy some that night. Thus causing me to be there and buy from a cop, thinking I could trust him because he mentioned the guy I knew and he sent him there. Boy was I wrong....haha...it was dismissed because it was entrapment, but still it happened. Ughhhh all the stupid things I did when I was young. sigh

What did she note, if at all, she was interested in studying? What does she want to "be" when she grows up?

If RAT noticed this interest of hers, he could have also used it as a means to bait her.

Could he flag a female down on the side and tell her some excuse like "I have an emergency my baby isn't breathing and I need a phone/ride to the hospital but he's back at my place. Please help! Can I use your phone to call 911? Do you know CPR or something? The baby is inside the trailer please help it!

The screaming baby or damsel/gent in distress trick scares me. Doesn't matter what race/age you are, I think if you hear of a child in distress you will act first and think later.

Jmo.

So that's why I wonder if she liked kids? Maybe wanted to be in a service field like nursing or teaching?

IMO whoever can help.

Could he flag a female down on the side and tell her some excuse like "I have an emergency my baby isn't breathing and I need a phone/ride to the hospital but he's back at my place. Please help! Can I use your phone to call 911? Do you know CPR or something? The baby is inside the trailer please help it!

The screaming baby or damsel/gent in distress trick scares me. Doesn't matter what race/age you are, I think if you hear of a child in distress you will act first and think later.

Jmo.

So that's why I wonder if she liked kids? Maybe wanted to be in a service field like nursing or teaching?

IMO whoever can help.
except he was traveling behind her.
Im thinking more along the lines that he flashed his lights and alerted her to her car being weird. Or maybe he told her to go in a general direction to his "shop" where he could look at her car because he noticed it sounded funny when she got to the gas station.

To build trust he could have said, "i'll follow you - my place is right up there - here's my# just call me and Ill talk to you while you drive for directions"

except he was traveling behind her.
Im thinking more along the lines that he flashed his lights and alerted her to her car being weird. Or maybe he told her to go in a general direction to his "shop" where he could look at her car because he noticed it sounded funny when she got to the gas station.

To build trust he could have said, "i'll follow you - my place is right up there - here's my# just call me and Ill talk to you while you drive for directions"

I've thought about that scenario as well. I think this would be an easy way to get her to go where he wanted her to. And he is known for working at a car lot, maybe not as a mechanic but working with cars nonetheless.

Here's how a possible serial murderer attacked one woman. Michael Klunder. She was lucky & got away. Just thought I'd throw this out there.

The woman reports she was driving on Highway 18 in early morning Dec. 15, when a man she identified as Klunder drove behind her, flashing his lights.

She pulled over and he approached the vehicle, saying she had a broken tail light. She got out of the vehicle to check the light and Klunder grabbed her, assaulted her and forced her into his car. A passing car saw her waving frantically for help, and started following Klunder’s car. When Klunder saw a car following him, he pushed the woman from the moving vehicle and drove off.

http://globegazette.com/news/local/...cle_b448708a-db89-11e2-bf27-0019bb2963f4.html

Just for my own sanity, is there any evidence at all that supports the wild theory about pot?

Here's how a possible serial murderer attacked one woman. Michael Klunder. She was lucky & got away. Just thought I'd throw this out there.

The woman reports she was driving on Highway 18 in early morning Dec. 15, when a man she identified as Klunder drove behind her, flashing his lights.

She pulled over and he approached the vehicle, saying she had a broken tail light. She got out of the vehicle to check the light and Klunder grabbed her, assaulted her and forced her into his car. A passing car saw her waving frantically for help, and started following Klunder’s car. When Klunder saw a car following him, he pushed the woman from the moving vehicle and drove off.

http://globegazette.com/news/local/...cle_b448708a-db89-11e2-bf27-0019bb2963f4.html

Gah, that's terrifying. And Klunder is one of those people who should have never been out on the streets again to begin with..

Just the other week I was filling up at a gas station and a man called out to me from the adjacent parking lot saying my tail light was out. I yelled back a thanks and promised him I'd check it out. After I paid for my gas he was still there, and reminded me how urgent it was I'd get it checked out.

My tail light was *not* out, it turns out, so I have no idea what that was about or what his plan, if he had one, would've been, lol. But even after reading websleuths all the live long day and generally being a horrifically paranoid person at all times, my gut instinct was completely silent on this one, and this happened at night time. I always try to have an "exit strategy" of sorts, and knew that I could jump into my car and rev off far quicker than he could walk over to me.

Point being, I can see how the initial contact may not have been so scary or even unexpected for Alexis in broad daylight, if the "car trouble" angle is correct (which I suspect it is, for a number of reasons). The fact that RAT's house is directly across a car lot probably kept her guard lowered right up until the moment it was revealed that was not, in fact, where they were going. And who knows if we'll ever be privy to what exactly went down in that moment?

Someone much earlier commented that the seeming absurdity (to the point of plausibility, even..) of RAT's story suggests he knows for a fact she will never be capable of refuting it. And that makes me sick to my stomach.

That being said, something slightly OT that also makes me sick to my stomach, though to a far lesser extent, is the fact that this Twitter account "Grim Reaper" follows Alexis now. It's somebody with like 2,000 followers who tweets at celebrities just after they've died with some sort of borderline snarky message. I've never seen him tweet about a non-celebrity, much less a minor, much less one that is not necessarily even deceased... it's in very bad taste, IMO. To put it lightly.

Gah, that's terrifying. And Klunder is one of those people who should have never been out on the streets again to begin with..

Just the other week I was filling up at a gas station and a man called out to me from the adjacent parking lot saying my tail light was out. I yelled back a thanks and promised him I'd check it out. After I paid for my gas he was still there, and reminded me how urgent it was I'd get it checked out.

My tail light was *not* out, it turns out, so I have no idea what that was about or what his plan, if he had one, would've been, lol. But even after reading websleuths all the live long day and generally being a horrifically paranoid person at all times, my gut instinct was completely silent on this one, and this happened at night time. I always try to have an "exit strategy" of sorts, and knew that I could jump into my car and rev off far quicker than he could walk over to me.

Point being, I can see how the initial contact may not have been so scary or even unexpected for Alexis in broad daylight, if the "car trouble" angle is correct (which I suspect it is, for a number of reasons). The fact that RAT's house is directly across a car lot probably kept her guard lowered right up until the moment it was revealed that was not, in fact, where they were going. And who knows if we'll ever be privy to what exactly went down in that moment?

Someone much earlier commented that the seeming absurdity (to the point of plausibility, even..) of RAT's story suggests he knows for a fact she will never be capable of refuting it. And that makes me sick to my stomach.

That being said, something slightly OT that also makes me sick to my stomach, though to a far lesser extent, is the fact that this Twitter account "Grim Reaper" follows Alexis now. It's somebody with like 2,000 followers who tweets at celebrities just after they've died with some sort of borderline snarky message. I've never seen him tweet about a non-celebrity, much less a minor, much less one that is not necessarily even deceased... it's in very bad taste, IMO. To put it lightly.

Wow, that's disturbing. How odd that this person would notice and follow Alexis.

Wow, that's disturbing. How odd that this person would notice and follow Alexis.

I dunno, I don't find it odd necessarily, since everyone here was very easily able to find her Twitter (among other sites). I assume it was all linked from her Facebook and she has been getting a decent amount of media attention—I initially heard about it on CBS. And I know it's a trend of morbid curiosity to look up involved persons on whatever social media they may have. I resist doing that because there are usually too many similarly-named people to sort through, which has made me stop and ask myself what, exactly, it is that I'm doing..

But yeah. Clearly this person assumes this case will end like countless others with similar circumstances, and is ready to capitalize on it at first opportunity. Because in a situation like this, the prospect of retweets and added followers trump sympathy, hope, and basic human decency, apparently.

/QUOTE]

That being said, something slightly OT that also makes me sick to my stomach, though to a far lesser extent, is the fact that this Twitter account "Grim Reaper" follows Alexis now. It's somebody with like 2,000 followers who tweets at celebrities just after they've died with some sort of borderline snarky message. I've never seen him tweet about a non-celebrity, much less a minor, much less one that is not necessarily even deceased... it's in very bad taste, IMO. To put it lightly.[
/QUOTE]

I have had to block, delete and redo my twitter many o' times because I too get trolls like this. She is highly visible and so that troll account could have found her easily. I wouldn't read too much into it, it's twitter and typically accounts like that are bots or accounts held by several people.

I think her motivation could have been something along the lines of helping a buddy sell some herb at 60$ an 1/8 (a high price), giving him a new customer. I don't think she would buy herb from him but if some dude who had no connections and was out of the loop was willing to pay 60$ for an 1/8th then what the hell. He has had the same story since the beginning, according to his lawyer. He didn't make it up after the hair was found.

Not accurate. Hallahan has not said on what date RT first told his story to LE. What he said was that RT has told LE the story to investigators since the "beginning" but he has never said when the "beginning" was. To my knowledge, it has never been reported when LE first questioned RT. It would be unlikely that a man with 20 plus years of arrests and convictions answered questions without a lawyer present and he didn't have a lawyer until after his arrest because his lawyer was court-appointed at the advisement hearing. Once he had a lawyer, LE told the lawyer that there was a hair in the camper. That is when the lawyer then went to the media with RT's story. I have never seen a report that RT was told about the hair by LE before his arrest, and as stated above, I have never seen any reports of interrogations/interviews of RT prior to his arrest. Have I missed something?
Along the same lines, there is no confirmation that the surveillance video shows the cars pulling out of the gas station, and no confirmation that RT was following Alexis or vice versa. This thread has become a bit of a game of telephone...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
primelectrics