Victim: Alexis Murphy, 17, missing from Shipman, VA, 03 August 2013 - #7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you katinva.

From this link:

"Nelson County Lead Investigator Billy Mays says that no new tips or clues prompted the searches. Mays says they just want to be sure that all areas are covered and adds that there can never be enough leg-work in the search for Alexis.

"These are areas that showed some interest early on in the investigation and we decided to go back and revisit these areas to make sure we haven't missed anything or left something unturned," Mays said."

So glad to hear the searches continue. And so glad to hear the Harringtons are helping hold up Alexis's family. My heart breaks every time I see A's mom. She is completely shattered. She needs answers, and soon. I do not know how these parents get through day after day of not knowing. :( :rose:

There have had multiple searches in Nelson County since the red sweater was found... in fact there are searches going on today, north of Lovingston... Additionally, CUE Center for Missing Persons is doing a road tour and will be making a stop in Lovingston on Oct 4th... with the Murphy family and the Harrington family, both in attendance... There is another benefit dinner being held in Lynchburg for the Murphy family as well... New pink ribbons and new flyers go up all the time... Alexis is not being forgotten here... :)

:seeya: Good to know Moxie.
I light a candle for her and pray for her safe return every night.
I appreciate your insight!

IF Alexis is deceased, hopefully a hunter can stumble on her remains... this has happened many times in Virginia this time of year.

Such a sad thought:( but we just have to hope she comes home whether her soul is with us or not. It's so troubling when someone is missing for years and years. That has to be crippling for a family, the not knowing...

He did it once with Samantha Clarke but there seems to be more attention on this case, he won't get away with it again fingers crossed.

There have had multiple searches in Nelson County since the red sweater was found... in fact there are searches going on today, north of Lovingston... Additionally, CUE Center for Missing Persons is doing a road tour and will be making a stop in Lovingston on Oct 4th... with the Murphy family and the Harrington family, both in attendance... There is another benefit dinner being held in Lynchburg for the Murphy family as well... New pink ribbons and new flyers go up all the time... Alexis is not being forgotten here... :)

Good to know :) She is not being forgotten here on this board either.
I don't live in VA but I think she crosses my mind daily. I've never in my life been so struck by a missing person case. It's what made me join this board. I think it's in part because I have this strange sense that I know her even though I don't actually. I realized that I'd met a girl who resembled her while working at a consignment shop last year ( and Alexis worked in a children's consignment shop). We hit it off very quickly too, it was almost strange. I lost touch with her subsequently though.

Thank you so much for letting us know! I was so afraid it was going to start getting too cold and snowy and no searches were going on. Does it get to freezing temps and snowing there soon?

Thank you so much for letting us know! I was so afraid it was going to start getting too cold and snowy and no searches were going on. Does it get to freezing temps and snowing there soon?

The weather in this area is crazy. One year it snowed on Halloween and another the kids wore flip flops with their costumes.

Here in Nelson County the search is still very active. I have heard they have been searching places that the media has not covered. There has also been a huge police presence at the Liberty. It seems that every time I go by there, a police officer is either parked in the parking lot or is patrolling. I can't tell you how many cars I pass with the pink ribbon for her and churches with "Pray for Alexis" on their signs. Her family still has a lot of faith that she will be found alive.

Our local news in Virginia Beach just said "new details in the disappearance of Alexis Murphy, more at 11". That's Wavy news 10 for locals. When I searched online, I didn't see anything new...

Our local news in Virginia Beach just said "new details in the disappearance of Alexis Murphy, more at 11". That's Wavy news 10 for locals. When I searched online, I didn't see anything new...

I heard it too, guess we have to wait!

Sadly, most of this "new news" seems to be just a teaser from a station relating to some obscure detail on old news.

Let me comment about stalkers for a moment from a personal standpoint. There is a guy in Roanoke County who was convicted yesterday of bludgeoning to death a former high school aquaintance. The whole story is sad and the perpetrator is in my opinion mentally ill. He tried to "friend" a lot of girls on Facebook...including MY DAUGHTER!.... this was 2 or 3 years ago. My daughter's friend accepted the friend invitation only to cut it off when the guy starting asking her weird questions and wanted to meet and smoke weed, etc. She ended up unfriending this guy she had heard of and that was that. Well, unfirtunately, one of the boy's highschool classmates felt sorry for him not having any friends that he accepted her friend request and later they met to smoke some weed. Out of the blue he choked her and then bludgeoned her to death with a crowbar! All... in order to steal her car so he could run away from home. They found her body with the crowbar jammed so far down her throat that it came out her back.

The short lesson here is NEVER friend someone you do not know...even out of kindness.

Oh my goodness what a horrible story! I am so glad your daughter unfriended him. It truly amazes me (in a bad way) how young girls/guys accept from anyone.

I just saw on FB that Alexis' mom and Morgan's mom have been asked to be on Dr Phil. Yay for coverage! Hopefully they do a better job then Nancy Grace did.

Well, my daughter had her radar up and never friended him... but my daughter's friend did, and then ended up unfriending him. it was another young lady that he had graduated with that felt sorry for him. He told investigators he didn;t have anything personally against the girl he killed, it was just he wanted a car and she was the first one that bit. This is just horrible and I want to see him suffer 50% of what the family has suffered for this senseless act.

it was sadly nothing but a tease stating there were active searches for Alexis.
sorry folks....:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member