Video of KC and Baez Crying together to be released UPDATE BAEZ THREATENS TO SUE

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Probably because the suicide note makes references KC and would paint her in a negative light.

True again. I concede, my comment had weak legal basis. It's more of my emotional reaction just wishing someone would look out for the innocent bystanders in this case as much as they protect Casey's rights. Wishful thinking, I know.

Chez, that's another good point that makes me think this is a media driven case. If there is confidential, privileged or highly sensitive information which is not relevant to the case, then ask for an in camera review; don't put it in a public file in a motion!

Just read the motion... I'm no attorney, but I'd think even the most experienced judges and attorneys would have trouble making sense of some of these rambling, run-on sentences. Who actually wrote this thing?

JB cites a media website about a past case instead of case law out of the lawbooks, and in point #10 he says "Judge Susan LeBow booted a whole prosecutor's office off a murder trial..." :confused::confused: Shouldn't that read "LeBow removed an entire prosecutor's office from a murder trial..."??

OMG!!!!!!!! It just dawned on me. This whole motion thang is KC. She has sit in jail and he has been telling her how the court stuff works and now she is throwing stuff in court. She has the hang of this now and she is starting to weave her web. The only thing is that she has only pulled JB in. He is her puppet now---I mean hooked---she has something on him. Now she wants a place where they can meet without anybody watching or hearing. She is sitting back on her mountain.

OMG. I hope the Judge nips this in the bud "TODAY" and falls out of his chair laughing at them both. She will stand up and shake her fist. Can you see it?

Thank you, Lady. This whole video and licorice incident is making me ill. All I can say is CA is innocent until proven guilty, but many say she's guilty until proven innocent. I know it doesn't look good for her, but do we need videos of her peeing by the side of the car, throwing up in a toilet, etc.

Let us all stand in her shoes - then judge.

Sorry JMHO.

Mel

LEGALLY, KC is 'innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.' But that standard doesn't mean people have to go braindead and ignore the facts. She lied to the police when her child was missing. She obstructed their search. She never reported her child missing. During the time her child was missing, she partied on. She still hasn't told the police what actually happened. MO, and most people's O, that is not the way an 'innocent' person acts.

I understand your point, and I agree. He has no duty to protect Cindy. However, he is filing a motion to keep George's suicide note out, and he is not George's attorney.

Conway is the one who filed the motion. He's intervening in an attempt to have it sealed.

HAHA I love JBs newest motion. He sounds like a 1st year law student who just finished Constitutional Law and cannot wait to impress the professor with how many irrelevant cases he can cite! I think he has read our criticism here of using NO support for his propositions in all of his previous motions.

He should have just filed a motion to the judge to have all of the prison-related "tapes, audio, recollections" etc. exempt from release under the sunshine law. Period. End of story. The judge probably would say okay since there are potential privilege/constitutional problems. Then, JB could motion to suppress the stuff if the prosecution tried to introduce it at trial- the SA isn't stupid, they aren't going to try to introduce illegal tape recordings into evidence.

But here he just wanted to prove us wrong that he DID go to law school and he IS a smart lawyer! He DID read the Constitution! This is all a big conspiracy by the police, SA, and prison to convict people who do nothing wrong except murder children! ... ?!

Is this motion going to be argued today? I really want to hear JB stammer "the X amendment as incorporated by the 14th amendment, and the Y amendment as incorporated by the 14th amendment" in surround sound.

And now can he really argue about the "leaks" from the SA anymore? Now that HE leaked that someone spoke about KCs medical records? That Lt. someone from the jail listened in to his conversations? Isn't that a blatant leak to try to discredit jail officials? What happened to "trying this in a court of law, not the media." I'm so sick of him

Conway is the one who filed the motion. He's intervening in an attempt to have it sealed.

oops! Is my face red? I didn't know that. Good for him. As I said above, I only wish someone protects the real victims of this crime as much as Casey's attorneys are fighting to protect her.

Some say when you are an inmate, you lose certain rights. But the way this case is going, being an inmate seems to entitle you to more rights than any of the witnesses!

This is just me spewing thoughts though... no basis in fact.

Thank you, Lady. This whole video and licorice incident is making me ill. All I can say is CA is innocent until proven guilty, but many say she's guilty until proven innocent. I know it doesn't look good for her, but do we need videos of her peeing by the side of the car, throwing up in a toilet, etc.

Let us all stand in her shoes - then judge.

Sorry JMHO.

Mel

I will NEVER find myself standing in her shoes. KC is presumed innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. The court of law is a man-made entity and doesn't always get it right. At the very least she let her little girl's life end without even trying to save her by going to authorites. I judge her GUILTY.

I have a favor to ask you fabulous WSers, please please give a blow by blow account of this hearing. Unfortunately, I have a filing to do today :rolleyes: So I'm a little busy today.

Just read the motion... I'm no attorney, but I'd think even the most experienced judges and attorneys would have trouble making sense of some of these rambling, run-on sentences. Who actually wrote this thing?

Who the heck knows. I noticed that many of Baez's motions change fonts and style between filings. This leads me to believe different people are drafting these for him. Most attorneys and their staff have "set" ways they do things (and have definite opinions about font, size and style that do not change in court filings within the same court). The "all over the board" filings from the defense, in my opinion, reflects an "all over the board" style in other matters. Just my observation!

And Conway's motion with the mispelled words crossed out and fixed in pencil--who drafts his stuff?

OMG!!!!!!!! It just dawned on me. This whole motion thang is KC. She has sit in jail and he has been telling her how the court stuff works and now she is throwing stuff in court. She has the hang of this now and she is starting to weave her web. The only thing is that she has only pulled JB in. He is her puppet now---I mean hooked---she has something on him. Now she wants a place where they can meet without anybody watching or hearing. She is sitting back on her mountain.

OMG. I hope the Judge nips this in the bud "TODAY" and falls out of his chair laughing at them both. She will stand up and shake her fist. Can you see it?

You are on to something. Doesn't she sit there in her dorm all day and read legal reference books. I bet she directiong JB at every turn.

Originally Posted by maryaok View Post
Question for posters: Who is / was more difficult to listen to try to talk: George W. Bush, Ronald Reagan, Casey Anthony or Jose B

picture.php

picture.php

Who the heck knows. I noticed that many of Baez's motions change fonts and style between filings. This leads me to believe different people are drafting these for him. Most attorneys and their staff have "set" ways they do things (and have definite opinions about font, size and style that do not change in court filings). The "all over the board" filings from the defense, in my opinion, reflects an "all over the board" style in other matters. Just my observation!

Actually most districts have set rules regarding font sizes. In CA there is a district that has rules about font sizes, margins, even font sizes for footnotes. Bottom line again, as I've said before JB's motion is ONE HOT MESS. For a number of reasons this motion makes my head hurt, he doesn't properly cite law etc. It's just very very very bad work product overall. He should NOT have thrown out so many details in a public filing.

Chez, that's another good point that makes me think this is a media driven case. If there is confidential, privileged or highly sensitive information which is not relevant to the case, then ask for an in camera review; don't put it in a public file in a motion!

"In camera" to one attorney may mean something entirely different to another...

hahahah:crazy:

Actually most districts have set rules regarding font sizes. In CA there is a district that has rules about font sizes, margins, even font sizes for footnotes. Bottom line again, as I've said before JB's motion is ONE HOT MESS. For a number of reasons this motion makes my head hurt, he doesn't properly cite law etc. It's just very very very bad work product overall. He should NOT have thrown out so many details in a public filing.

Orange County HAS set rules! Not everyone goes and checks them out before they send in motions. Regardless of the rules, I see HOT MESS too on so many levels.

And FWIW Judges also have preferences. Protocol can vary widely between them. Best to know your Judge AND his / her preferences up front. I for one am dumbfounded as to why Judge Strickland has not warned JB he can be held in contempt for rambling on and on and OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOn after he has been instructed to move forward. JB not only shows his "immaturity" by doing so but his lack of respect for the court itself.

Respectfully snipped.
What I find the most interesting about this is that JB had no concern whatsoever when Cindy's "medical information" was released. Where were his protective motions when her perscriptions were being plastered all over the news?

he's not her lawyer so why would he do anything?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back