Deceased/Not Found VT - Bill, 49, & Lorraine Currier, 55, Essex, 8 June 2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Should have been thanks. Darn auto correct.

Maybe you should call le and ask them to look at a possible connection. That nancy1954 good find.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for the suggestion Knox, I've wondered if I should.

How terrible! There has to be more to this story eventually. I mean, the "why" of the whole thing really bothers me. Why did this happen? Why were the Curriers chosen?

Murtie’s sworn statement also reports publicly for the first time that police believe the Curriers were taken in their car to the old Essex farmhouse and killed there by their abductor. He wrote that the information came to Essex police by way of a call from an unidentified FBI agent in a unspecified state at about 8 p.m. April 6.

snip

No prosecutor or police officer has been willing to publicly name the suspect.

Prosecutors said the attack was random, and there was no known connection between the suspect and the Curriers.

snip

He said 178 FBI agents and other employees from 38 field offices were involved.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/...eaking|text|FRONTPAGE&gcheck=1&nclick_check=1

I still think Keyes could be involved. That's a lot of agents especially from another state. I think that's why there not naming a POI. IMO there trying to tie him to a string of cases across the country.

Koenig Case: Defense Says Keyes Subject of Other Investigations

(Snipped)

Keyes' lawyers said that because "Mr. Keyes is being investigated on other matters," they must be fully informed about other criminal investigations and allegations in order to know which statements may need to be suppressed, and to adequately advise their client.

WCAX, a Vermont TV station, said a source tells the station that Keyes is the prime suspect in the murders of Bill and Lorraine Currier, who disappeared from their Vermont home in June of 2011.

Their remains have not been found and Keyes has not been charged in the case.

http://www.ktuu.com/news/koenig-cas...igations-alaska-ktuu-20121004,0,1151050.story

New Developments in Case Against Israel Keyes

(Snipped)

According to court documents Keyes' defense attorneys filed earlier today, prosecutors have told them that Keyes is “being investigated on other matters.”

The defense is demanding that federal prosecutors give them the full details of other criminal investigations and allegations against Keyes.

Vermont authorities have linked Keyes to the murder of a couple there, but have not released any details.

http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-x...s-in-Case-Against-Israel-Keyes-172737351.html

In the pressor today, LE confirmed that Keyes confessed to killing Bill and Loraine.

Did he tell where they are?

Yes but the house had already been torn down and the material disposed of. They searched the landfill, but found nothing. See the link a few posts up, they did find traces of decomp in the basement of that property.

Although Keyes confessed to killing Bill and Lorraine, there are believed to be at least 5 other unknown victims in Washington and New York. LE does NOT know who those victims may be.

http://www.adn.com/2012/12/02/2710993/israel-keyes-is-dead-troopers.html

We're going to have a thread on Keyes other possible victims so this thread can remain focused on Bill and Lorraine, and Keyes connection to them. To discuss the other victims, see the thread here:

Israel Keyes - Who are all of his victims??? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I hate to admit I got a bit lost on this thread....but do we know why he killed them?

I hate to admit I got a bit lost on this thread....but do we know why he killed them?

Mary Rook, the FBI special agent in charge of the Anchorage office, said investigators believe Koenig is Keyes’ only victim here in Alaska, but Keyes also confessed to the June 2011 murders of Lorraine and William Currier in Vermont.

Keyes told them he killed the couple and disposed of their bodies in an abandoned house, which has since been torn down. The bodies of the Curriers have never been recovered.

In addition to the deaths of Koenig and the Curriers, during dozens of hours of interviews Keyes also told investigators he was responsible for four murders in Washington State and one murder in New York. Investigators said he did not provide them with any names of his victims. The FBI is working with law enforcement agencies around the country to try and identify them.

Authorities wouldn’t speculate on motive for the murders, just that Keyes told them it wasn’t financial. Investigators also wouldn’t say how Keyes said he killed any of his victims, but did say they range broadly in age, and were all strangers to him.

They also said he showed no remorse for any of his crimes during interviews.

In addition to the 8 murders Keyes confessed to, he also told investigators he was responsible for at least two bank robberies, one in New York and one in Texas.

The FBI is also looking at other murders, and missing persons cases around the country to see if Keyes may be involved in them. They said Keyes traveled throughout the Lower 48 extensively and would often fly to one location, rent a car, and drive hundreds of miles.

U.S. Attorneys prosecuting the case believe because of the suicide there may never be an answer to just how many victims or how many other crimes Keyes committed.

http://www.ktva.com/home/outbound-xml-feeds/Israel-Keyes-Dead-181757811.html

This case is a real head-shaker. Never in a million years would I have suspected that it involved a psycho from Alaska on the hunt for random victims in far-flung states. I guess it goes to show that the most random of random things can happen. ABC News is reporting that Bill's mother feels that Keyes' suicide is better than having to endure a trial and plea bargains and appeals. Best wishes to their loved ones.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/alaska-suspect-linked-vermont-killing-17865188?page=2

Everyone I have talked to about this case is leaning towards abduction. The garage window was broken, and the telephone wire was cut and all the medication they take daily was left behind. The police said the first day " The couple left very hastily "

Their car was left abandoned about 2 miles from their home. The gun Bill bought not too long ago is missing from the home. Bill and his wife both didn't show up for work, and they are both considered very good people. I do know that it has this town ruffled and a lot of people are gathering as a community to help in any way we can.

But I searched a bit and there was a robbery in Essex I have no clue if it is or could be related, but it's in the same vicinity.

A man displaying a handgun entered and attempted to rob the Simon's Mobil store on Colchester Road in Essex at about 9:45 p.m. Thursday, police said. The man left without any money and was last seen on foot on Colchester Road, according to police. Police described the suspect as about 6 feet tall, 180-200 pounds, wearing a black ski mask, white T-shirt and blue jeans.

http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/article/20110611/NEWS02/106110319/-1/RSS
just reading back thru the thread... considering his link to robberies I wonder if this was Keyes?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb
Back