Found Deceased VT - Hadil Marzouq, 20, Bennington, 17 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The quarry might not be what you remember. Enlarged parking, destination spot, that can have as many as 200+ people on a hot day. I have met people from Glens Falls and North Adams that go and spend a day there. It is no longer considered "local". So for a college kid who may of been shopping and such in Manchester to visit a place where she may of visited before is not out of the question.

Oh, no! Definitely dangerous! Isn't it frozen?

1482253669_ff0a.jpg

http://www.reformer.com/stories/sta...for-missing-bennington-college-student,492731

I live in Manchester. If she was leaving at night, then there is no reason why she would come up this way to shop. All stores close at 6:00 on weekends in the winter. If it was to get food, then there are just as many options in Bennington and on the way to CT, to not come this far out of your way to eat.

I would think that if she fell through the ICE there would be tracks or such by the time her car was found Sunday. IT snowed here heavily until 2pm and didn't start raining until about 9pm on Saturday. Plus, based on the Reddit post from her friend, why would her cell and wallet be left in the car on the front seat if she was just quickly jumping out to visit the quarry, which no one does on a snowy, rainy night here.

The big question that I have, which was referenced earlier, is at what level was the seat set on. Was it for a driver her size, or was the car moved here later in the Night/Sunday morning? Does anyone know what time the car was first spotted in Dorset? I would think that plows were still on the road by the time she would of arrived and would of called in an abandoned car to the police which would give a timeline to us of, did she go right to the Quarry, or was the car brought there much later than when she first left Bennington.

I live in Manchester. If she was leaving at night, then there is no reason why she would come up this way to shop. All stores close at 6:00 on weekends in the winter. If it was to get food, then there are just as many options in Bennington and on the way to CT, to not come this far out of your way to eat.

I would think that if she fell through the ICE there would be tracks or such by the time her car was found Sunday. IT snowed here heavily until 2pm and didn't start raining until about 9pm on Saturday. Plus, based on the Reddit post from her friend, why would her cell and wallet be left in the car on the front seat if she was just quickly jumping out to visit the quarry, which no one does on a snowy, rainy night here.

The big question that I have, which was referenced earlier, is at what level was the seat set on. Was it for a driver her size, or was the car moved here later in the Night/Sunday morning? Does anyone know what time the car was first spotted in Dorset? I would think that plows were still on the road by the time she would of arrived and would of called in an abandoned car to the police which would give a timeline to us of, did she go right to the Quarry, or was the car brought there much later than when she first left Bennington.

This does not sound good but holding hope.

wow, as has been said, this sounds scary and ominous. Absolutely beautiful woman with a mission in life. Hoping she shows up safely soon.

I'm sure it's dark in Dorset by now, and the search must be finished - for the day, at least. I choose to take no news for good news.

It dawned on me that if the driver's seat in the car were slid back as though a taller person were last driving it probably the police would not have called out all those resources. They must have a good reason to believe she's there, I guess.

Dive team went by me at 4:30. A friend in the state police told me that nothing was found and they are going back again tomorrow morning to search one more zone. I asked them if there was anything found to believe she may be in there and I haven't heard back yet.

Lots of rumours going around. One was that a suicide note was found in the car. Not sure that jumping into freezing water is what most people would do in that case. Jumping from the rocks might break a couple bones.

The way her car was parked was weird, not even in the actual parking lot. Wish I knew how to sketch a picture for on here to show. The lot was icy and chunky. If she was going to kill herself why wouldn't she pull in up close to the trail?

Almost looks like it was done for a quick car exchange. I guess time will tell.

attachment.php
This is the best I can do at the moment for car placement. The nose of the car was right up to the grass island. Parked alongside rt 30. To the right is the entrance way to parking. Car was somewhat blocking the entrance.

Attachments

• You_Doodle_2016-12-21T00_31_08Z.jpg
    You_Doodle_2016-12-21T00_31_08Z.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 213
If she parked before the rain came/ the road was plowed, that might make sense. In western mass, so I'm assuming we had about the same weather with snow all day and then rain washing most of it away that night.

attachment.php
This is the best I can do at the moment for car placement. The nose of the car was right up to the grass island. Parked alongside rt 30. To the right is the entrance way to parking. Car was somewhat blocking the entrance.

attachment.php

Thank you so much Greenmountainguy. You're the real local -- I was just visiting. During my 4 years at the college I never heard of anyone going to this quarry. If people wanted to go swimming they went to Lake Shaftsbury, which is only 15 minutes away from campus. Just to clarify for those of us who aren't familiar with the area, is the parking lot you referenced visible on the map, or is it further up on Kelley Road?

Thank you so much Greenmountainguy. You're the real local -- I was just visiting. During my 4 years at the college I never heard of anyone going to this quarry. If people wanted to go swimming they went to Lake Shaftsbury, which is only 15 minutes away from campus. Just to clarify for those of us who aren't familiar with the area, is the parking lot you referenced visible on the map, or is it further up on Kelley Road?

Kelly Road is the parking lot... You can see where it widens out on the left as you drive in and that is where people start to park...

If she parked before the rain came/ the road was plowed, that might make sense. In western mass, so I'm assuming we had about the same weather with snow all day and then rain washing most of it away that night.

The Rain did not wash away the snow. It has been etremely cold here except for that one day. We got about 6 inches in Manchester/Dorset on top of 2-6 inches from that previous Monday. The rain started that night around 9pm (snow stopped around 1:30. There was plenty of snow left for tracks etc.... and the plows were still out plowing and sanding/salting the roads well into the night.

According to report on news, plenty of people reported the car as it was a bit of a hazard for the plows and other drivers, however, no one saw the girl as of yet. There are lots of rumors, but this location would not make sense to me if it was a suicide. It is a nice place to go get lost however if one wanted to blow off steam, but the way the car was left suggested that the driver was in a hurry.

As everyone else, we are hoping for the best and for great news on this one. Some good news is that the State Troopers practice their diving and training in the quarry so it is a familiar place to them to look. They are also following other leads in Bennington as well according to some local rumors.

Kelley road has been blocked off at the end. It is now a long parking lot

I havent read anything about what time she left Bennington. I agree on tracks in the snow. I wouldn't think many people have visited in that timline and this time of year. One set going in and none coming out would explain a lot.

Im kind of wondering about this "family" she was staying with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clarice34ON4ill
Back