VT - Mark Hulett for raping young girl, Williston, 2005

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It will be hard to believe if the citizens of Vermont don't rise up and demand that this judge be taken off the bench. That is what it will take. They will have to blast the governor with letters and emails. There is obviously something wrong with this judge's head. His thinking doesn't even make sense.

As far as the article on Ed Towne goes...that man should have been locked up and the key thrown away long ago. How these idiots kept letting him out of jail and treatment is beyond me. The judge isn't the only one who is playing with half a deck.

Maybe we should blast the gov with emails. It shouldn't matter if we live in Vermont or not. This type of behavior has to stop and it is our job to be doers instead of complainers. Someone has to watch out for the kids no matter where they live. I think I'll step up to the plate and send an email to the gov. It will make me feel like I'm doing something anyway.

Sent the email to Governor Douglas.

Well here is the court document you might want to read.

No. 89-298

State of Vermont Supreme Court

On Appeal from
v. District Court of Vermont,
Unit No. 2, Chittenden Circuit

Edwin A. Towne
February Term, 1991

Defendant contends that, because the information does not include either the
word "malice" or the word "murder," it was insufficient and charged him
only with manslaughter.

here is the whole document;

http://dol.state.vt.us/GOPHER_ROOT3/SUPCT/158/STATE_V_TOWNE.89-298

http://www.vermontjudiciary.org/upeo/eo02376.htm

dark_shadows said:
Hi SewingDeb,
The parents are said to be mentally ill.The mother said that every sunday her daughter was abused.Hulett was in the families life from the birth of the girl.Apparently he was there in the hospital when the girl was born and was in her life since then.
The little girl is in states custody with the grandmother.

Thanks Dark Shadows. I just read the transcript. The parents would have to be mentally ill to allow a grown man to sleep in the same bed with their daughter and see her all over him and the two of them holding hands on the couch and not suspect that it was a sexual thing. I'm glad she is with the grandmother.

lostinlimaohio said:
snip

This case should be the poster child for life sentencing. And Cashman wants to use it to explain this halfa**ed sentence he gave to Hulett? Anyone ever done a mental evaluation on Cashman???

I wondered the same thing. Also, does Cashman know that Towne (sp?) had sex offender treatment? He doesn't appear to know that from what he says in the hearing transcript.

I am having a lot of trouble understanding his reasoning here.
Towne goes to prison for a sex offense and recieves treatment. He is let out and kills a child.
Huet, comes before the judge and the alleged judge doesn't want to send him to prison because he won't recieve treatment? He thinks the community could be better served by putting him on probation and getting treatment, that he hopes will work, and allow him to remain in the community, and he isn't likely to offend?
It looks to me that Cashman is buying into the pedophile creedo- let us rape as we wish or we will kill the kids. Either that or he was bought, or sympathetic as in a fellow child offender, hoping he will recieve the same mercy if he gets caught.
Even after the public criticism, and after the prison changed their policies- he still didn't change his sentence. Kinda shows he doesn't have much faith in his own reasoning doesn't it?

Bobbisangel said:
It will be hard to believe if the citizens of Vermont don't rise up and demand that this judge be taken off the bench. That is what it will take. They will have to blast the governor with letters and emails.
Next saturday in St.Albans,there is going to be a rally all of those who do not want Cashman on the bench will attend.
The governor had thousands of emails sent to him at the start of the Cashman saga,and he is still getting them.

petra said:
I agree...or be raped or have loved one raped repeatedly over four years...by the same perp that gets off with 60 days.

I was thinking the same thing, let this judges daughter be the one that was raped.. then see how he'd punish the rapist.

OneLostGrl said:
I was thinking the same thing, let this judges daughter be the one that was raped.. then see how he'd punish the rapist.

Hon, would you really wish that on his poor dau? She didn't have anything to do with the decision, yet she is the one who would suffer the most.
What we need is to hire some big, homosexual sadist bubbas, LOL.

If this judge does not change his mind, is not released from his duties, or otherwise dealth with concerning this situation, then he should be held accountable to what happens next, and be ready to suffer the consequences of his actions too.

If the perputrator is let go after 60 days and only has to go to "classes" once a week, let his probation be searved out with this judge monitoring him. Put a monitoring bracelet on him, make him live with the judge, and then let the judge suffer the consequences of this creeps actions. If the judge isn't afraid of what this guy will do when he's let out, then let him monitor him, 24/7.

IMO, this would change Judge Cashmens mind very quickly if this guy were living in HIS home with HIS family while he was at work everyday.

When it comes to the point where a judge doesn't believe in punishment, then they should be responsible for what happens when they let these guys go. If the perputrator rapes, murder's or otherwise committs another crime, the judge should be held just as accountable as the perputrator, or at the very least, an accessory after the fact!

It's bad enough when our PD's work so hard to solve these crimes, many times puttiing their own lives on the line, spending countless hours away from their famiilies to make sure all their t's are crossed and i's are dotted, only to see the creeps back out on the streets to committ other crimes because the judges go so soft on the offenders.

mysteriew said:
Hon, would you really wish that on his poor dau? She didn't have anything to do with the decision, yet she is the one who would suffer the most.
What we need is to hire some big, homosexual sadist bubbas, LOL.
How about a nice compromise - I'd like to make the judge believe, completely that his daughter (or granddaughter - he's old enough to have one the right kind of age) has been raped by this type of monster, with all of the assorted trauma, damage, etc. to the family. I think that's what is usually meant when people wish to see what he'd do if it was his daughter - not to have her raped, but to have him see, completely and with a person he loves, what this crime is. I'd love to see his principles then. Him talking about how she seems to be in a fairly supportive environment, so let's let the guy off.

Not that I object to the bubbas, but that's not the same as this being done as a child. Boy, he's so sick.

Someone ought to make up a website. Title it something like "Welcome to Vermont" Subheading: Perverts welcome here. We are required to put you in jail if you get caught breaking state laws, but will make every attempt to limit the time you will spend there. Just remember....our children are your children.

Maybe that would wake the judges up, rouse the citizens and make the legislators think about their current laws and sentencing system.

mysteriew said:
Someone ought to make up a website. Title it something like "Welcome to Vermont" Subheading: Perverts welcome here. We are required to put you in jail if you get caught breaking state laws, but will make every attempt to limit the time you will spend there. Just remember....our children are your children.

Maybe that would wake the judges up, rouse the citizens and make the legislators think about their current laws and sentencing system.
Mysteriew,I love your post.I would love to see something like that!

You know, it could quickly be done. A little HTML, a few Vermont styled graphics... it could be up, say by around tommorow afternoon. You know, if anyone was really interested in the idea. Of course, it'd need links to the stories, photos of the judges, and a bit of background info on the cases. But I can code out a simple site in a few hours, if I had all the infomation thrown together in one place, like my email account. :D

Attachments

• vt_seal.jpg
    vt_seal.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 50
lostinlimaohio said:
You know, it could quickly be done. A little HTML, a few Vermont styled graphics... it could be up, say by around tommorow afternoon. You know, if anyone was really interested in the idea. Of course, it'd need links to the stories, photos of the judges, and a bit of background info on the cases. But I can code out a simple site in a few hours, if I had all the infomation thrown together in one place, like my email account. :D

Lostinlimaohio,you did sooo goood I cannot wait to see the rest.

Boatswain'sMate said:
Wow, l.i.l.o., you should have designed the Vermont quarter.
I can't take credit... all I did was borrow their seal, and replace "& Unity" with "4 pervs". I was going to make it "freedom 4 sex offenders" but it was too long to fit in the space ans still be able to read it.

Except for the perv thing,that picture is what is on our badges.Again you did an excellant job.

Can you put the "Dean scream"on the site for audio??

You can add that our lawmakers abide all laws.

DUMMERSTON, Vt. -- Rep. Steve Darrow, D-Putney, has been cited for allegedly shooting a neighbor's dog.

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=4394474

Winter said she made "an honest mistake" on Oct. 5. The mistake Winter made was shooting a Canada goose in a Grand Isle County cornfield. The problem is, Canada goose season wasn't open Oct. 5, and Winter was charged with taking a goose in a closed season by Vermont game warden Justin Stedman. Winter, of Colchester, is the Chittenden County representative on the Vermont Fish and Wildlife Board, the 14-member oversight committee that works with the Fish and Wildlife Department to create hunting and fishing regulations. Winter said Thursday she will resign over the mistake. Winter said Thursday she didn't know Canada goose season was closed Oct. 5, the opening day of Vermont's duck season. She hunted ducks in the early morning, but was frustrated by the hunting conditions. She decided to leave the duck marsh to visit friends in Grand Isle County. On her way, she saw a flock of Canada geese in a cornfield and decided to sneak to within shotgun range. Snow goose season was open, but the season for migrating Canada geese doesn't open until Oct. 22.

http://www.hatvt.org/hattalk/_disc7/00000116.htm

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb
Back