VT VT - Matthew Houskeeper, 59, last seen getting a haircut, car missing, phone inactive, missed work, Manchester, 14 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

citizen_sleuth

Verified family member - Orie Donald Esh thread
Reaction score
Authorities are searching for a missing North Bennington man.

Bennington Police say Matthew Houskeeper, 59, failed to show up for work Thursday and co-workers requested a welfare check. An investigation determined that was last seen on Wednesday morning for a scheduled appointment in Manchester.

Police say Houskeeper’s 2023 white Subaru Crosstrek -- with Vermont plates HMY330 -- is missing and that his cell phone is not active.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Bennington Police: at 802-442-1030.
Screenshot 2024-08-16 at 1.48.15 PM.png

8/14/2024 9 am haircut at Camille's Hair Salon in Manchester
8/15/2024 10 am did not show up for a scheduled shift at Kevin’s Sports Pub in North Bennington
“We have friends looking around reservoirs and lakes,” said Erica Houskeeper. (sister) “I also contacted Vermont State Parks.”

His last FB posts date from 2 days ago

His last FB posts date from 2 days ago
I am not on FB but am able to see his public photos. Seems like a sociable, well-liked man. My hunch is an accident and perhaps his car is off the road??

jmo

I am not on FB but am able to see his public photos. Seems like a sociable, well-liked man. My hunch is an accident and perhaps his car is off the road??

jmo

Camille’s hair salon in Machester is @

20 Haines Manor Rd, Manchester​

To go to Kevin’s pub these are the possible routes. IMO as well it may well be an accident along the route
1723832396779.jpeg

He had his kayak with him per this article. He had a whole day ahead of him after his haircut before he had to report to work the next day. Seems like he could have been planning on a paddle somewhere. Trouble is, where? A kayak is generally easy to put in at a lake, stream, river, etc., and you really only need a place to pull your car over nearby.

I searched Google Maps, and of course there are loads of bodies of water in VT, NY, and NH where he might have gone. However, one possibility is Lake Shaftsbury State Park, which lies between the salon and his residence in North Bennington. There is a cartop boat launch on the east side of the lake with an adjacent parking lot. I wonder if he launched there and experienced trouble or a health event?

As his phone is shut down, I could see water submersion as a potential cause.

It appears by news reports that state parks have been notified, so I am certain the parking lots are being searched for his Subaru.

I hope I am heading down the wrong track here, and he is found healthy and sound very soon.

He had his kayak with him per this article. He had a whole day ahead of him after his haircut before he had to report to work the next day. Seems like he could have been planning on a paddle somewhere. Trouble is, where? A kayak is generally easy to put in at a lake, stream, river, etc., and you really only need a place to pull your car over nearby.

I searched Google Maps, and of course there are loads of bodies of water in VT, NY, and NH where he might have gone. However, one possibility is Lake Shaftsbury State Park, which lies between the salon and his residence in North Bennington. There is a cartop boat launch on the east side of the lake with an adjacent parking lot. I wonder if he launched there and experienced trouble or a health event?

As his phone is shut down, I could see water submersion as a potential cause.

It appears by news reports that state parks have been notified, so I am certain the parking lots are being searched for his Subaru.

I hope I am heading down the wrong track here, and he is found healthy and sound very soon.
If he went kayaking, it does help focus searches, perhaps, if they can start with places to launch the kayak and look for his vehicle.

Because his vehicle hasn't been found, makes me wonder if he accidently drove off the road.

jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
everyoneblooms
Back