WA WA- Alexander Pisch, 35, painting easel abandoned, Colonial Creek campground, Diablo Lake 8 Oct 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ErinC

Reaction score
I didn't see a thread on this one so I thought I'd start one.
DIABLO LAKE, Wash. - A search is underway for a California man who vanished after setting up an easel for painting at a scenic spot along Diablo Lake in the North Cascades of Washington state, officials said.

The missing man, identified as 35-year old Alexander Pisch of Discovery Bay, Calif., was last known to be near the Colonial Creek campground on the shore of Diablo Lake on Thursday. Pisch's white Toyota Corolla was parked along Highway 20 where he had set up an easel for painting. Man vanishes in North Cascades after setting up easel for painting

So as far as anyone knows, he set up the easel aaaaand poof. I'd think a mountain lion attack might be possible but I'd think that would have knocked down the easel or left other traces. Weird one for sure.

A search is underway for 35-year old Alexander Pisch from Discovery Bay, CA, who was last known to be near Colonial Creek Campground on Thursday, October 8, 2020. Mr. Pisch is described as a white male, 6’01” tall and approximately 160 pounds. His white Toyota Corolla was parked along Highway 20 where he had set up an easel for painting. His intended route or destination are currently unknown.

On Saturday, a National Park Service (NPS) employee noticed the vehicle and painting easel in the same location, with no indication that the person was in the area. NPS rangers began investigations on Sunday, with field searchers deployed Monday to search the Colonial Creek campground and Diablo Lake area. The search continues today with 20 personnel in the field.

Information from other hikers and visitors is often very helpful to missing person investigations. If you have information regarding this individual, please contact the tip line at 1-888-653-0009 or nps_isb@nps.gov and click “Submit a Tip”. You don’t have to tell us who you are, but please tell us what you know.

missing-person-2.png

Search for Missing Person - North Cascades National Park (U.S. National Park Service)

Another article :

https://www.bellinghamherald.com/news/local/article246431695.html

Alexander Pisch, 35 from Discovery Bay, Calif., was last known to be near the campground on Thursday, Oct. 8, according to a National Park Service release. Pisch’s white Toyota Corolla was parked along Highway 20, where he had set up an easel for painting.

On Saturday, a park service employee noticed Pisch’s car and easel in the same location with no indication he was in the the area, the release states.

1013%20Missing%20person.jpg

For those who have followed Ritchie Collins' case, this is the same area/campground where his car was found in 2019.

DIABLO LAKE, Wash. - A search is underway for a California man who vanished after setting up an easel for painting at a scenic spot along Diablo Lake in the North Cascades of Washington state, officials said.

The missing man, identified as 35-year old Alexander Pisch of Discovery Bay, Calif., was last known to be near the Colonial Creek campground on the shore of Diablo Lake on Thursday. Pisch's white Toyota Corolla was parked along Highway 20 where he had set up an easel for painting. Man vanishes in North Cascades after setting up easel for painting

So as far as anyone knows, he set up the easel aaaaand poof. I'd think a mountain lion attack might be possible but I'd think that would have knocked down the easel or left other traces. Weird one for sure.

I see that's in the Cascade Mountains. Photos of Colonial Creek campground show the hilly terrain.

I suspect he was walking along one of the trails there, slipped, fell and injured himself.

ETA: The temps. averaged around 65 degrees F. during the day and 57 degrees F. at night.

Bellingham, WA Weather History | Weather Underground

JMVHO.

Last edited:

thats so sad. he was just out there trying to get in some self care and now hes disappeared. honestly it sounds like the plot of a movie, i hope they find him and hes doing ok

UPDATE - October 15: Search continues in North Cascades National Park - updated photos

Please see the updated photos of missing person Alexander Pisch.

View attachment 268051 View attachment 268052
Whoa, on those pictures he looks like a different person altogether. I wonder where they found those pictures of him and when they were taken.
Something has happened as his grooming habit has completely changed. By something has happened I mean he is in a different frame of mind. Of course if he at any point was set to camp and live in the bushes/nature, the grooming style he had before is not so convenient to do. So there is that

Alexander Pisch, 35 from Discovery Bay, Calif., was last known to be near the Colonial Creek campground on Thursday, Oct. 8, according to a National Park Service release. Pisch’s white Toyota Corolla was parked along Highway 20, where he had set up an easel for painting.

On Saturday, a park service employee noticed Pisch’s car and easel in the same location with no indication he was in the the area.

https://www.bellinghamherald.com/news/local/article246431695.html

Whoa, on those pictures he looks like a different person altogether. I wonder where they found those pictures of him and when they were taken.
Something has happened as his grooming habit has completely changed. By something has happened I mean he is in a different frame of mind. Of course if he at any point was set to camp and live in the bushes/nature, the grooming style he had before is not so convenient to do. So there is that
I’ve seen and also have a few family members who stopped shaving and getting haircuts due to CoVid. That’s what I thought when I saw his photos.

On a personal note, I let my own hair grow long and used Sun-In and lemon juice to keep it blonde, at least until last week when I finally hit up the salon.

I'm from the area - Diablo Lake is an extremely gorgeous, extremely popular hiking destination. It's been rainy and in the 50s lately - not enough to detract serious PNW hikers, but the area would be a lot less populated than a few weeks ago.

Nothing new, but an interesting article which includes history of the area. It also includes information on Ritchie Collins disappearance and another man in 2018 who was found deceased.

The strange disappearance of the landscape painter Alexander Pisch — StrangeOutdoors.com

Park rangers began searching for Alex on Sunday, October 4, near Colonial Creek Campground and Diablo Lake Approximately 20 people were in the field looking for Pisch in the following week. As of October 21, no sign of Pisch as been found.

Quarantine related, maybe?

Quarantine related, maybe?
It’s definitely possible.
Although, many guys I know who have a shaved head, have a hair trimmer machine at home. It’s not like AP had some difficultly styled hair on the first 2 pictures released, just a buzz cut seemingly without different lengths, especially on the photo with the green t-shirt on.

Shaving didn’t get more difficult during Covid either where I’m from. There was enough electricity for the electric shaver and enough gel and blades for the manual shaver. I’m in Europe but I can’t imagine it was so different in the US.
On the other hand if somebody’s mood has changed, I can see they could let go of previous grooming habits.

If he had some special haircut before with full head of hair, I would more likely be inclined to believe it was pandemic related. Such haircut is not really possible to do at home unless one is a hair dresser or has a natural talent for doing hair.
Nor was it possible for us women to get our hair colored and get haircuts during Covid. :(

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back