WA/Canada - Human feet washing ashore

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
here's a snip from the article at:
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/10/canada.feet/index.html

Here is a timeline of the discoveries in British Columbia, according to police:

August 20, 2007

The first foot is found by an American man and his 12-year-old daughter boating near Jedidiah Island. The shoe is later identified as a Campus brand running shoe, primarily white with blue mesh and is believed to be a size 12. It is determined that it was produced in 2003 and distributed primarily in India.

August 26

The second foot is found on Gabriola Island by a resident walking on a trail. The shoe is a size 12 men's Reebok running shoe, primarily white in color. It was produced in 2004 and distributed globally mostly in North America. It was first available on March 1, 2004 and is no longer available for purchase.

February 2, 2008

The third foot is found by two forest workers on Valdez Island. The shoe is a size 11 blue and white Nike running shoe, made in 2003 and sold in Canada and the United States from February 1 to June 30, 2003.

May 22

The fourth foot is found on Kirkland Island by the local caretaker walking along the shoreline. The size 7 blue and white New Balance running shoe was made in 1999 and distributed in major retail stores. DNA tests later determine the remains belong to a female.

June 16

A fifth foot is found on Westham Island, in the same Nike shoe as the third foot found on Valdez Island. DNA tests later determine both feet belong to the same male.

no way??!! That's where I was born!! That's a LONG ways for those feet to float too - but I guess anything is possible!!??

I just did a follow up on the foot from Sweden - but I wasn't able to find anything... maybe because my swedish isn't very good?!

I'll keep you posted.

These are the strangest happenings I have heard of while being on WS. I don't get it.

These are the strangest happenings I have heard of while being on WS. I don't get it.

LOL, was wondering when I might run into you here..ROTFL..
You think you got time for this thread as well- you are my HERO..
Watch Dexter?

Not much of a surprise but the latest foot has been confirmed as being from a human.
Police in Canada, US puzzle over yet another severed foot
http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=d1200e22-6719-4527-8492-3545c73972ef

I'm not sure which article it was in but one of the ones about the latest foot found in WA said that that area has a different tide/current than the area around Vancouver where all the other feet have been found. Seems like maybe this foot would have started out at a different place than the others?

I've definitely been taking a closer look at all the weird junk I see on the shores of Lake Michigan lately, thats for sure:crazy:

“The major crime investigators were able to notify a family that one of the found feet was a match with their familial DNA,” he said.

He said the man is not being identified at the family’s request.

“We’re being very sensitive to the family’s demands,” he said, adding further information will be released on Monday.

“They wanted the time to reach out to their immediate family and share the news among themselves.”

http://www.thespec.com/News/BreakingNews/article/406442

Lol. I just logged on to post this.

No name yet on the identified foot? I didn't think that something like that was allowed to be kept "secret" after family had been notified... I am interested in the possible link to a serial killer.

Not much of a surprise but the latest foot has been confirmed as being from a human.
Police in Canada, US puzzle over yet another severed foot
http://www.canada.com/topics/news/national/story.html?id=d1200e22-6719-4527-8492-3545c73972ef

I'm not sure which article it was in but one of the ones about the latest foot found in WA said that that area has a different tide/current than the area around Vancouver where all the other feet have been found. Seems like maybe this foot would have started out at a different place than the others?

I've definitely been taking a closer look at all the weird junk I see on the shores of Lake Michigan lately, thats for sure:crazy:

In the link to the news story in the above post it states, "The third and fifth foot found came from the same person, and the first foot found has been linked to a depressed man who went missing a year ago, Shields said."

I just did a follow up on the foot from Sweden - but I wasn't able to find anything... maybe because my swedish isn't very good?!

I'll keep you posted.

Hey MidnightQ - can you maybe posts the links to these - my sister can read Swedish - so maybe I can forward her the links and she can interrupt them for us!!! TIA!

7th foot washes up on B.C. coast

THE CANADIAN PRESS

RICHMOND, B.C.–Another foot has washed up on B.C.'s south coast, the seventh to be found from Georgia Strait to the northwestern tip of Washington state since August of 2007.
RCMP Const. Annie Linteau told CTV News that human remains were inside a New Balance runner spotted Tuesday afternoon.
Diane Johnston says she was walking her dog when she saw the runner sitting on a rock on the banks of the south arm of the Fraser River and called her husband, who summoned Richmond RCMP.
One other New Balance runner – the only one belonging to a woman – has been found since the feet began turning up and it was located May 22 on Kirkland Island, not far from the site of Tuesday's discovery.
Police have determined that two of the seven feet – one found Feb. 8 on Valdez Island and the other found June 16 off Richmond – are a match.
DNA testing linked one foot to a depressed man who disappeared in 2007 but the other remains have not been identified.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/535383

I will admit I did quick skim but has there been any mention of how long they think these feet have been in the water?

Seekingjana, snipped
"...posed rotting corpses in the deep Georgia woods..."
What on earth was this, could someone pm a link to me? Please?:confused:

Seekingjana, snipped
"...posed rotting corpses in the deep Georgia woods..."
What on earth was this, could someone pm a link to me? Please?:confused:

It was part of the same post. She was speculating that such sickos might also live in Canada.

"Here in the USA, we have had 2 separate LONG TERM incidents involving crematories where the owners did NOT cremate the remains sent to them, Both owners pocketed private and state funds for cremations not done. In one case, the rotting corpses were displayed and posed, photographed in graphic poses together. This went on for a period of YEARS. I would say without a doubt that the man was/ is a necrophiliac.

The other case was just as abnormal. A crematory owner/ operator ( similar to the first guy) didn't cremate the people he was paid to cremate. He let their bodies stack up in his attic, then in his living spaces. There were decaying bodies stacked as high as could be stacked, even in his kitchen. I heard about this case recently in the mainstream media, so there may be some necrophiliac acts connected with these corpses, as well. I do not know for certain.
They both were married at the time, with nice lookikng wives, to the best of my memory."

I haven't looked online for the actual story though.

I've been following this case off and on since its inception, but I didn't know there was a thread for it here. I found this tidbit a while back, don't know if it's relevant or not, but. . .:

"PORT ST. LUCIE, Fla. - Authorities are investigating why a St. Lucie County firefighter may have removed a severed foot from the scene of a car crash......"
http://www.jacksonville.com/apnews/stories/092508/D93DV8GG4.shtml

This article is a bit dated, but strange nonetheless.

The coroner in these investigations has matched a womans left foot found in New Balance shoe in May with a right foot found in November. Looks like they still don't know the identity of the woman though.
Previously they had discovered that two of the other feet came from another unknown individual (a man). And one foot belonged to a man who has been identified. Hopefully all of this info together will bring them a little closer to figuring out what happened here and who the people are? It's such a strange series of events.

Coroner matches pair of mysterious feet in Canada
http://www.kirotv.com/news/18219630/detail.html

The coroner in these investigations has matched a womans left foot found in New Balance shoe in May with a right foot found in November. Looks like they still don't know the identity of the woman though.
Previously they had discovered that two of the other feet came from another unknown individual (a man). And one foot belonged to a man who has been identified. Hopefully all of this info together will bring them a little closer to figuring out what happened here and who the people are? It's such a strange series of events.

Coroner matches pair of mysterious feet in Canada
http://www.kirotv.com/news/18219630/detail.html

I'm beginning to think this is a case of a mortician running amok.

It was part of the same post. She was speculating that such sickos might also live in Canada.

"Here in the USA, we have had 2 separate LONG TERM incidents involving crematories where the owners did NOT cremate the remains sent to them, Both owners pocketed private and state funds for cremations not done. In one case, the rotting corpses were displayed and posed, photographed in graphic poses together. This went on for a period of YEARS. I would say without a doubt that the man was/ is a necrophiliac.

The other case was just as abnormal. A crematory owner/ operator ( similar to the first guy) didn't cremate the people he was paid to cremate. He let their bodies stack up in his attic, then in his living spaces. There were decaying bodies stacked as high as could be stacked, even in his kitchen. I heard about this case recently in the mainstream media, so there may be some necrophiliac acts connected with these corpses, as well. I do not know for certain.
They both were married at the time, with nice lookikng wives, to the best of my memory."

I've read this somewhere too. Sick, just absolutely sick! I will never understand what makes some people tick. Dear god, can you imagine preparing food in that kitchen? Or even eating in that house? OMG, the smell alone would have to be horrible.

I've read this somewhere too. Sick, just absolutely sick! I will never understand what makes some people tick. Dear god, can you imagine preparing food in that kitchen? Or even eating in that house? OMG, the smell alone would have to be horrible.

Hi CommanderCoal great find and thank you for posting. You should start a new thread on this foot, looks like we have a victim on our hands. :)

Hi CommanderCoal great find and thank you for posting. You should start a new thread on this foot, looks like we have a victim on our hands. :)

Are there separate threads for each foot? Isn't this just another in a series of discovered shoe-clad feet where the owners' identities have gone unsolved in the PNW? It seems someone is playing with the authorities by using these feet... Perhaps, a serial killer of some sort?

What are the chances of all these feet being discovered like this if the person had just been dumped in a watery grave? Was this construction site anywhere close to water? It seems a fantastic coincidence and highly improbable... regardless of the fact that shoes float and bones dis-articulate at major joints... when in water for periods of time. Historically, athletic-shoe (or hiking boot) clad feet haven't washed up in the PNW.

IMO, someone is planting these feet where they will be discovered and is achieving some sort of thrill from their discovery and the published news story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back