WA/Canada - Human feet washing ashore

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are there separate threads for each foot? Isn't this just another in a series of discovered shoe-clad feet where the owners' identities have gone unsolved in the PNW? It seems someone is playing with the authorities by using these feet... Perhaps, a serial killer of some sort?

What are the chances of all these feet being discovered like this if the person had just been dumped in a watery grave? Was this construction site anywhere close to water? It seems a fantastic coincidence and highly improbable... regardless of the fact that shoes float and bones dis-articulate at major joints... when in water for periods of time. Historically, athletic-shoe (or hiking boot) clad feet haven't washed up in the PNW.

IMO, someone is planting these feet where they will be discovered and is achieving some sort of thrill from their discovery and the published news story.

A serial killer with a foot or shoe fetish? Let's face it, all these severed feet inside shoes are not an accident.

What's up with the severed feet?

Washington is pretty close to Canada. I wonder if this is connected to the feet washing up on shore in Canada? I don't know how far Port Washington is from Vancouver.

What's up with the severed feet?

Washington is pretty close to Canada. I wonder if this is connected to the feet washing up on shore in Canada? I don't know how far Port Washington is from Vancouver.

It's far.

Port Orchard is not all that far; not more than 125ish miles; and it is close to the ocean. Though I can't imagine what kind of disturbed person would find at foot at the ocean and take it to a construction site. It's freaky; that's for sure. I live on Whidbey Island, which IS close to Vancouver and these feet are just about enough to keep me off our beaches- LOL!!!

They found more bones at the same site.

http://www.komonews.com/news/47272312.html

Hey Marion, thanks for the link on the follow-up story. I had also wondered about whether this was related to the feet found in boots in Vancouver. Also, there is a missing biker from Vancouver. Although someone posted that Vancouver would be far. I have no clue how long these bones have been there, but I am wondering who is missing in the state of WA. Are there any missing persons cases from WA that anyone knows?

Hey Marion, thanks for the link on the follow-up story. I had also wondered about whether this was related to the feet found in boots in Vancouver. Also, there is a missing biker from Vancouver. Although someone posted that Vancouver would be far. I have no clue how long these bones have been there, but I am wondering who is missing in the state of WA. Are there any missing persons cases from WA that anyone knows?

Yes, a very big one: child-star Joe Pichler went missing from Bremerton, WA... he has been missing since January of 2006. *goes to map this to see how far Bremerton is from the UID location find.*

Whoah, Bremerton is across the lake from Port Orchard! (a mere 2.8 miles to be concise). By drivable path around the lake, Bremerton is under an estimated 10 mile drive to Port Orchard.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/19718242/detail.html

Above link has a slide show of the area and digging. The foot was reported as "freshly" severed, and the report is saying that a body was found and more bones, so they are going to have to determine if this is more than one person. The site is surrounded by woods, so I would assume that the construction going on was to clear that area out... perhaps meaning the foot/body/bones were actually hidden in the woods before the clear out. If it turns out to be more than one person, we may be looking at a dumping grounds, here. :(

Sad; I really doubt that the bones will be the same person as the "freshly" severed foot. I was thinking of Nancy Moyer, too, but that would be a bit more of a drive. I love our forests here but they can and do offer perfect hiding grounds!

Above link has a slide show of the area and digging. The foot was reported as "freshly" severed, and the report is saying that a body was found and more bones, so they are going to have to determine if this is more than one person. The site is surrounded by woods, so I would assume that the construction going on was to clear that area out... perhaps meaning the foot/body/bones were actually hidden in the woods before the clear out. If it turns out to be more than one person, we may be looking at a dumping grounds, here. :(

I was just about to say that! Great minds... :D

I would think that a body would be eaten by animals, leaving bones only. On the other hand, the boot provided some shelter for the foot, but I'm sure plenty of animals would be able to get it out to eat. Wouldn't make any sense if it were the same person as the rest of the bones, unless someone took it with them and brought it back?

Hi Elphaba ;} Boy, the State of Washington has had it's fair share of bodies dumped! The area looks like it's in the early stages of a development what with the curbing and seeing no homes, so you could be right about the woods having been used for a dumping ground.

Hope it doesn't take too long to find out what's up. Gotta go watch your link!

Hmmm, They sure gave a lot of info which is neato. There was the original finding of the boot, then some bones found and I think they said now they have found another body buried deep in a hole plus some evidence that says to LE this is a homicide. Wonder what that is - maybe a weapon, or bloody clothing, accoutrements to the crime.

They said it is very unusual to find bones buried so deeply, and that someone went to a great deal of trouble to dig that hole!

Looks like you might be right on the money Elphaba, and it could be a site where several bodies were dumped.

Do they date those videos? I'm just wondering if this ic a fresh case or months old. WHOOPS! I went back and looked, it is current news dated June 7th, 2009.

Hi TripleA, I think Skagit County is north of Seattle where Mt Vernon is. Port Orchard is SW of Tacoma I believe, quite a ways south. Actually it is a bit SW of Seattle but accessed thru Tacoma which is due south of Seattle.

This site has many varied maps of Washington State which are easy to understand:

http://geology.com/state-map/washington.shtml

Are they talking about the boot, the bones or both?

http://www.kirotv.com/news/19747505/detail.html

The Kitsap County Sheriff's Office Saturday said that human remains found at a construction site near here earlier this month belong to a teenager or young man.

Sheriff's spokesman Deputy Scott Wilson said that the King County Medical Examiner's Office, where the parts were sent, identified them as belonging to one person -- a male in his late teens or early twenties. (more at link)

Are they talking about the boot, the bones or both?

http://www.kirotv.com/news/19747505/detail.html

The Kitsap County Sheriff's Office Saturday said that human remains found at a construction site near here earlier this month belong to a teenager or young man.

Sheriff's spokesman Deputy Scott Wilson said that the King County Medical Examiner's Office, where the parts were sent, identified them as belonging to one person -- a male in his late teens or early twenties. (more at link)

That confused me too.

If it's all the same person, why was there still flesh on the foot but not on the bones? :confused:

Hi TripleA, I think Skagit County is north of Seattle where Mt Vernon is. Port Orchard is SW of Tacoma I believe, quite a ways south. Actually it is a bit SW of Seattle but accessed thru Tacoma which is due south of Seattle.

This site has many varied maps of Washington State which are easy to understand:

http://geology.com/state-map/washington.shtml

To get to Port Orchard from Seattle, you'd have to either take a ferry to Bremerton and then travel about 15-20 minutes around the inlet there or you'd have to drive down through Tacoma, across the bridge and then travel north for 20 or so minutes. My husband did some temporary duty at Port Orchard for a while. It would be a strange place for a body from Seattle to turn up, but not that strange for someone on the Kitsap Peninsula, Tacoma or Olympia.

wow it is weird.. did they ever find those bodies to those one guys who's boat sank in FL?? they were football or basketball players or something??? (sorry cruddy memory)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raindrop413
Back