Identified! WA - Chehalis, Winlock, WhtMale 18-30, UP85217, partial skeletal parts only, Mar'21 - Glen Michael Rudge

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

TwoLea

Reaction score
The Lewis County Coroner is trying to identify two sets of male remains found earlier this year. Composites of each decedent are at the link.

Lewis County Coroner Seeks Public Help Identifying Remains

Found in Winlock March 2nd, 2021 - white or Hispanic male aged 18-35 years, height range 5'7" to 6'2"

Found in Centralia May 17, 2021 - white male aged 40-70 years, height range 5'5" to 6'0"

Lewis County Coroner Seeks Public Help Identifying Remains
Chehalis-Winlock-WA-Mar-21 - Cropped & saved copy of the composite.
Chehalis-Winlock-WA-Mar-21.jpg

According to investigators, timber workers reportedly discovered the remains while working in a densely wooded area near Raubuck Road.

While the sheriff’s office, the Lewis County Coroner’s Office, and the State Crime Lab are working to identify the identity and the cause of death, families and friends of missing persons in the area look at the discovery as a reason to hope for answers to painful questions revolving around disappearances without clues.

“I hope that it could be my mom, or if it’s not her then some other family’s getting answers,” said Samantha Moyer, whose mother Nancy Moyer has been missing since March 2009.

“It would just be amazing I mean even if she’s not alive we would at least know and we’d be able to mourn her properly, and I haven’t done any vigil or anything and I’m not going to do one until I find her.”

Nancy Moyer is one of several missing persons in the Lewis/Thurston County area. Logan Schiendelman disappeared from the area at age 19 nearly five years ago, without a trace. Samantha Moyer speaks for the families of other missing people with the same questions.

Anyone with information is asked to contact the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office at (360) 748-9286 or Lewis County Communications at (360) 740-1105.
Human remains found by timber workers in Winlock

The NamUs profile for this UID has been modified a bit.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Race/Ethnicity White/Caucasian (previously White/Caucasian or Hispanic/Latino)
Estimated Age Range 18-30 (previously 18-35)
Height 5' 10"-6' 1"(70-73 inches) , Estimated (previously 5'7"-6'2")

Can you tell me how to see the differences when a NamUs profile is updated? I know when there's an update the date is changed to show when the updates is made but I can't figure out how to see what information has changed after the update. Thanks!

Can you tell me how to see the differences when a NamUs profile is updated? I know when there's an update the date is changed to show when the updates is made but I can't figure out how to see what information has changed after the update. Thanks!
I am sorry, I don’t know a way to see on NamUs what changes have been made. I have a file where I copied the information for this UID as it was in November ‘21 and I happened to notice that the profile has been modified and I compared my notes to the current information. It would be great if there was a way to see the changes made directly on NamUs…

I am sorry, I don’t know a way to see on NamUs what changes have been made. I have a file where I copied the information for this UID as it was in November ‘21 and I happened to notice that the profile has been modified and I compared my notes to the current information. It would be great if there was a way to see the changes made directly on NamUs…

Ah, that makes sense. I thought I was missing a feature on NamUs. Thanks for the reply!

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
my notes: Partial skeletal remains located on timber property near Raubuck Road in Winlock. As of March 16, 2021 remains were under examination by King Co Med Examiners Office. No COD known.

Human Remains Found on Timber Property Near Winlock

Lewis County Coroner Seeks Public Help Identifying Remains.

snip: The preliminary anthropological report indicates an 18- to 35-year-old white or hispanic male who was between 5-foot-7 and 6-foot-2.
20211019-102645-Screen%20Shot%202021-10-19%20at%2010.16.34%20AM.png.jpg

Remains are reported to have been identified as Glen Michael Rudge.

November 2, 2023

Human remains located in March 2021 on timber property near the end of Raubuck Road in Winlock have been identified, the Lewis County Sheriff’s Office announced Thursday.

DNA reportedly confirmed the remains belong to Glen Michael Rudge. The last known contact with Rudge was in early 2018, at which time he was 25 years old, according to the sheriff’s office.

Rudge was listed as unhoused and had an old address near where his body was found. Law enforcement says the last known contact with Rudge was in 2018 when he was 25 years old.

why cant i find anything about this kid? did his parents not miss him?

he looks like my first love i dated for 10 years! it breaks my heart. he was so young.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back