WA WA - D.B. Cooper hijacking mystery, 24 Nov 1971 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Would this be our guy? Pg 30 of this pdf:http://www.co.yamhill.or.us/clerk/Elections_2004/20041102/nov_2004_vp.pdf

Apparently he's an airport manager and ran for city council of Sheridan Oregon.

I've gathered that Sheridan is between Portland and Salem to the West.

That is him. He was on the city council until November, when he quit.

He also ran for mayor.

HE calls himself an "airport manager", problem is, there is no airport. He lives on a private airstrip, the same place he moved to in 1972.

As for his size. He is about 5"8, give or take an inch. Cooper was described as 5'10, stocky, compact. Don't forget, Cooper was sitting down when his height was estimated.

left

Please remember, he is only a suspect.

Let's not bug him, or consider him guilty until he gets his day in court.

However, I found it interesting that H-bach said "he would have been a great suspect back in 1971". then why in the world didn't you investigate him?

Tomorrow's show will demonstrate that our suspects alibi for that night is total bs. THe FBI never called him asking for chutes. He called the fBI at 10pm. That is a fact, jack.

left

Excellent job by the KOIN staff. couldn't be happier.

Anyone have any questions?

Remember: Tomorrow's 5 am - 7am newscast is live on the web. It will also re--broadcast tonights installment

left

That is him. He was on the city council until November, when he quit.

He also ran for mayor.

HE calls himself an "airport manager", problem is, there is no airport. He lives on a private airstrip, the same place he moved to in 1972.

As for his size. He is about 5"8, give or take an inch. Cooper was described as 5'10, stocky, compact. Don't forget, Cooper was sitting down when his height was estimated.

left

Thanks for the info Left! :clap: :clap: :clap: You are to be truly commended for exposing this criminal. DB was one of the great mysteries of our time, and even in California we were aware of him at the time. Many people continue to wonder what had happened. Let's just hope the F.B.I. believes what evidence you have and takes him in!

Remember: Tomorrow's 5 am - 7am newscast is live on the web. It will also re--broadcast tonights installment

left

Sorry, I'm a night owl, I'm rarely up that early, Can you summarize for the rest of us, or post a "spoiler thread" with a disclaimer???

Thanks for the info Left! :clap: :clap: :clap: You are to be truly commended for exposing this criminal. DB was one of the great mysteries of our time, and even in California we were aware of him at the time. Many people continue to wonder what had happened. Let's just hope the F.B.I. believes what evidence you have and takes him in!

Thanks, I really believe this is the guy

I hope the fBi takes the time to investigate, if they haven't already.

left

Left, you will have a lot of misinformation to correct, I just did some more googling of D.B. Cooper and more than one article claims the most likely suspect is Duane Weber, an antique dealer in Florida who died in 1995, because he confessed to his wife that it was him.:doh:

Misinformation? there is no misinformation. Duane Weber is not a serious candidate. His wife keeps on pushing that he could be Cooper

There is no proof Weber has ever been skydiving
there is no proof that Weber was even in Oregon that day.
weber was living in Atlanta in 1971
Weber has zero aviation background

Oh, the flight attendant, when shown a picture of Weber, said he isn't Cooper.

Weber is a wannabe, who was under the influence of medication while dying in a hospital bed. His wife ran with the story, and one young reporter wrote an article about it in Newsweek.

Do you know how many people have claimed to be DB Cooper over the years? HE is one of a hundred.

His criminal background included forging us treasury checks during wwii. He was a career criminal, mainly for non-violent crimes.

left

Agreed, their evidence was pretty flimsy, first of all he didn't even really resemble the sketch, second he had a white bag- so what? The rest was even flimsier.

Agreed, their evidence was pretty flimsy, first of all he didn't even really resemble the sketch, second he had a white bag- so what? The rest was even flimsier.

thanks for agreeing.

I am sick and tired of his ex-wife pushing him as Cooper. It makes me sick that someone would want their ex to be a no good hijacker.

the only valid suspect other than our guy is Richard McCoy. But, he was looked at by the FBI in 1972, and eliminated. HE was simply a Cooper copier.

left

I looked all over the KOIN website this morning, and I couldn't even find a little mention of this story. I was hoping to find a video of the spot, but absolutely nothing. What a disappointment.

I can't wait until I can see the video!! I layed in bed last night - looked at the clock and figured what time it was in Oregon - and thought about the broadcast. Of course, by the time it aired - I was off to sleep!

Reading so far this morning is great!! I got tears in my eyes reading some of the posts - thinking this crime that happened so long ago - that I've watched tv shows on and heard about all my life - is 99% solved!

Left - I applaud you and your friend for all of the hard work and dedication you have put in, and continue to put in to solve this crime. If only the FBI had men like you, we might not have so many unsolved. I hope one day that you will get the recognition you deserve - and your name will be just as known as DB Cooper. And...I have NOT forgotten about having my husband look over the aviation stuff. He is only home 2 days a week, and we've been swamped. 2 weeks ago I broke my ankle and tore the ligaments. So the days he is home - he's playing nurse maid/cinderella for me.
(oh..and I meant to ask which one of the guys you were in the tease)

Scandi - let me know what I can do to help! I'm in the Dallas metroplex - but the only person I know in broadcasting works on-air at the NBC station. I'm not sure they'd pick up a story that isn't local - or on the networks yet...coming from CBS. But, we do have lots of other Dallas posters here - maybe someone else can help with that. Also, we have a Dallas area true crime author who posts in the Darlie Routier forum. He might be a good avenue.
I can write to Greta, or anyone else for that matter. There is power in numbers - so just let me know!

I looked all over the KOIN website this morning, and I couldn't even find a little mention of this story. I was hoping to find a video of the spot, but absolutely nothing. What a disappointment.

me too... nothing!!??? if anyone has a link directly to the story - it would be appreciated!!! Left?? Scandi??? anyone???

Video will not play for me! Can you give a recap?

Also, since it is CBS, maybe Larry King would like to do this on his show?

Left,
WoW and congrats for a wonderful video, day #1! I can hardly wait until this evening's coverage! He sure does have the background, eh?

Hmmm, wonder how Mr. Mayfield's day is going today??? ;)

Are you able, now, to divulge who else was tracking him or you a few weeks ago? Or what the concern was? I have to admit I was getting a little worried for you and your partner.

Thanks for the links to the articles, . Talk about a checkered past..doesn't seem to have much of a concience does he?:doh:

Did anyone else have trouble getting the video to load?

I really want to see this, but it keeps jumping around. Loading 1% 2% 3% 5% then back to 0%!!

It's infuriating. I notice there is no problem with their self promotional ads loading though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfcortez8