WA - Daren Olin, 52, fatally shot, King County trailhead to Poo Poo Point, Issaquah, 24 Jan 2021

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

bruisedorange88

Reaction score
Issaquah man recalls 'odd' encounter with a stranger claiming his father was shot at Poo Poo Point

This is a strange one. this man was found shot in the head at a VERY popular King County trailhead to Poo Poo Point. It looks like he may have worked a lucrative IT job at Microsoft. A person claiming to be his son came to a nearby home and told the homeowner that his dad had been shot and to call 911. Homeowner did that and then waited with the man until the cops came.
As always, information has been scarce with this case and I haven't heard anything since the initial reporting.
Poo Poo is probably the most popular trailhead in the Seattle area but what would a man with a "high up tech job" and his son be doing out there in the middle of the night?
Also, the police shut down the area for 3 days which to me indicates that the obvious assumption that the son did it MIGHT not hold up or that it at least wasn't cut and dried.

This area is popular but is within a pretty solid area of forest.Despite it being a remote area it doesn't sound like any effort was made to hide the body

Issaquah man recalls 'odd' encounter with a stranger claiming his father was shot at Poo Poo Point

This is a strange one. this man was found shot in the head at a VERY popular King County trailhead to Poo Poo Point. It looks like he may have worked a lucrative IT job at Microsoft. A person claiming to be his son came to a nearby home and told the homeowner that his dad had been shot and to call 911. Homeowner did that and then waited with the man until the cops came.
As always, information has been scarce with this case and I haven't heard anything since the initial reporting.
Poo Poo is probably the most popular trailhead in the Seattle area but what would a man with a "high up tech job" and his son be doing out there in the middle of the night?
Also, the police shut down the area for 3 days which to me indicates that the obvious assumption that the son did it MIGHT not hold up or that it at least wasn't cut and dried.

This area is popular but is within a pretty solid area of forest.Despite it being a remote area it doesn't sound like any effort was made to hide the body
My husband saw this first on Nextdoor...I have just joined Websleuths because I couldn't shake the weird lack of information I could find out about the guy....He was high up in IT, which could mean he wiped his computer often.
I gave it 3 days, looked again,and nothing but newscasts without real info. We live nearby and watch paragliding from the top of the mountain. Had a thought maybe someone in that small community may know something. Why would ANYONE be in that area at that time is strange. It isn't for camping. I can see homelessness as a potential cause for being there...but it sounds like he was gainfully employed.

Welcome to Websleuths kk1 from the other side of Washington state!

This is a totally odd case - hope we get new info ASAP. Absolutely strange that they were supposedly on the trailhead at 1:30 am. The neighbor must have been freaked out to have someone show up on his property in the middle of the night but he seems very calm about the situation & was prepared with his two big, strong dogs. Waiting for an update.....

RIP Mr. Olin.

It’s really no big deal if u reposted an article. Just so u know, I don’t think u can delete a post. U can edit the post (I think u only have an hour to do so) and erase your entries & then type in “DBM” (deleted by me) or “NM” (never mind).
Thank you! It was driving me crazy trying to figure it out. It also keeps saying draft saved,but there is no draft to be found on here. And clip tray and pasting didn't work. I really am frustrated by the format.

Found this article that looks to be about his mother. In it lists that she has a son, Daren, and grandson, Neo, who was 13 at the time but would be in his early 20's now. The article identifing him said that his mother does live in Florida, so seems to match up.

One of Us: Jacksonville teacher Marilyn Olin honored for half-a-century in the classroom

Maybe the son was caught up in some stuff and Daren was just there as a father trying to help? So many unanswered questions still.

I was also able to find a picture of Daren from an old company website.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210224-043013.png
    Screenshot_20210224-043013.png
    415.7 KB · Views: 23
Found this article that looks to be about his mother. In it lists that she has a son, Daren, and grandson, Neo, who was 13 at the time but would be in his early 20's now. The article identifing him said that his mother does live in Florida, so seems to match up.
That's the only picture I could find early on except for one that looked like a mugshot. Couldn't find a date on it,but definitely looks older than that picture. By a lot.

One of Us: Jacksonville teacher Marilyn Olin honored for half-a-century in the classroom

Maybe the son was caught up in some stuff and Daren was just there as a father trying to help? So many unanswered questions still.

I was also able to find a picture of Daren from an old company website.

Still no word on this case. Very little to go on.
Would the sheriff or police have to choose to tell the press if they had solved it or have other information? In other words, if it WAS solved, would we be able to find out? Like as a matter of public record?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daisy-mae-pinkerton
Back