Found Safe WA - Deanna Scott, 37, car found in Redmond, parked for over a year, Seattle, Nov 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
Detectives are seeking information about Deanna Jean Scott, 37, who went missing in the greater Seattle area sometime last year.

Scott moved from Ohio to Seattle in 2017, and her family has not heard from her since November 2020. Her family contacted Seattle police in February 2021 to make a Missing Person report and detectives have been working to locate Scott, who has several medical conditions.

Police believe Scott has frequented Seattle, Kirkland, and Redmond. Her vehicle was recovered in Redmond, where it had been parked for over a year. Detectives do not have any evidence of foul play at this time.

If you have any information about her whereabouts, please contact SPD’s Missing Persons investigators at 206-684-5582.

Screen-Shot-2021-10-05-at-12.52.12-PM-e1633466892497.png

Screen-Shot-2021-10-05-at-12.52.26-PM.png

Detectives Seek Leads on Missing Woman - SPD Blotter

More info.

TOLEDO, Ohio (WTVG) - Where is DeeAnna Scott? That’s the question her sister wants to be answered.

“She was corresponding with us a lot. You know, she was asking for money. We were giving her money. We were paying her car note and stuff like that, helping her out,” said Sara Scott, who lives in Toledo.

Sara explains her sister DeeAnna, who’s in her mid-30s, moved to the Seattle area and may have been living in a homeless shelter at a church. However, Sara has not heard from DeeAnna since November 2020.

More at Where is DeeAnna Scott? Missing woman from Toledo last seen in Seattle area

Looking but can’t seem to find when the vehicle was actually found. I’m assuming they’ve already checked with county public health to see if they may have passed through one of the COVID isolation and quarantine sites?

where was her car parked for an entire year without someone looking into it? so strange.. she must have been talking to fam after she left her car there so maybe it was broken or she sold it.. not looking good, how heartbreaking.

Where was her car parked in Redmond? Redmond is a busybody suburb - I have had people call for the police to check on my car in far less time than a year.

Did she move out to Seattle with a job? It's incomprehensibly expensive in Seattle compared to Ohio. It can be hard to come by a studio apartment under $1000/mo and if you don't make 3x that and have first, last, and a $1000 deposit, you won't be able to get it. I have heard of many many people who've moved out to Seattle thinking it's still a grungey music city and don't realize that it's approaching NY prices in some areas.

Was she into drugs? There is a huge homeless population in Seattle - did she meet someone and end up camping with them and fall out of touch with family?

The car being left is the most concerning part imo - if she was homeless she would at least be sleeping in her car.

I find it very odd that Seattle Police are investigating the missing person but no mention of Redmond police involved? I suppose that goes to support that they do not believe there is foul play related to the car in Redmond.

Heartbroken and stunned that this is the first we've heard of it in the area in almost a year. But maybe I'm naïve about how many people actually are reported missing that we don't hear about.

Okay something isn’t adding up here.

Her sister has a missing persons flyer on her Facebook page saying the last time she was seen was in Kirkland on 11/3/20 and that on 11/6/20 a rental car that Deanna had rented and failed to return was found in Seattle on 11/6/20. Other reports are stating her car was found abandoned in Redmond on 9/16/21 and looked like it had been there for a long time.

Questions:

Why did she have both her car and a rental car last November?
Did her car breakdown so she needed a rental?
Why did she move to Seattle?

I feel like there are important details that aren’t being given or her family didn’t really know what she was doing/what was going on in her life.

I find it very odd that Seattle Police are investigating the missing person but no mention of Redmond police involved? I suppose that goes to support that they do not believe there is foul play related to the car in Redmond.

Heartbroken and stunned that this is the first we've heard of it in the area in almost a year. But maybe I'm naïve about how many people actually are reported missing that we don't hear about.

According to her sister's facebook page a rental car she had but failed to return was found in Seattle on 11/6/20, maybe they decided that was when she probably went missing and so she is considering missing from Seattle, not Redmond?

Great news!!!

SBBM
Published: Sep. 30, 2021 at 10:19 PM CDT|Updated: Oct. 12, 2021 at 5:14 PM CDT

UPDATE on 10/12/2021: The family of DeeAnna Scott says she called her mother from the Seattle area after seeing the story published by 13abc. According to her sister, DeeAnna is “safe and doing well. She is just a bit overwhelmed and is focusing on her health care” for treatments of Lyme Disease.

DeeAnna’s sister adds if 13abc had not run the story, her family would still be looking for her.

Yay!! This gives me such hope that other seemingly 'lost cause' missing persons cases can have a happy outcome too!

Communication was the name of the game on this one - letting people know she's missing by broadcasting it.

That is the way to go in all missing persons cases, IMHO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustinCaseBreakGlass
Back