GUILTY WA - Douglas Spink charged with running 'bestiality farm', Sumas, 2010

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello Docket--I know you tried to contact me a while back but I was ill. I'm much stronger now. Thank you so much for the updates. I wasn't even sure if anyone had seen my most recent post about Spink being sentenced. I was very pleased to learn that the animals are being placed in safe homes. I'm sure their healing process will be lengthy. I'm shocked that the WA courts can't forbid Spink from owning animals. The OR courts certainly have. We have a bunny hoarder who has been at it for years. She's seriously mentally unstable and is forbidden from owning any rabbits as it never stops at a few. She's been caught in motels with many many bunnies. I don't believe there's ever been any allegation of abuse but rather of hoarding and not being able to properly care for the animals. This might be another opportunity for WA to re-examine their animal protection laws.

Can you answer a few questions as this case goes back a ways. Was KR (we're supposed to use initials for the "uninvolved), the woman who appeared in the video? So she IS connected with Spink and knew full well what he was doing? I'd always doubted that a person could not know what direction their own website was headed. I'm convinced that there must have been knowledge now that you point out the symbols. Thank you for doing that.

I wanted to point out that I checked back on Beastforum for updates on Spink a while back and I noticed something that I hadn't noticed before. It had a time stamp for the time of my "visit" as a guest. It was eight hours ahead of me. I'm in Oregon. I'm assuming that this means that the forum is run out of Europe.

And I have one final question. Foster children?????? I'm a child advocate and the mother of 14. My first thought always goes to the children. Can you explain a little further about that please, while I splash cold water on my face.

Snipped from Post #19 on 4/18/10 (because these two sites no longer exist):

"For booking stud service, you go to this page:

http://www.stallions.net/booking.php

Which leads you here:

http://www.threetreasuresfarms.com/

"Our mission is to create a system that:

Serves as a resource center for the care and development of rescue horses, disadvantaged and foster children.

Provides a safe atmosphere in which self esteem and learning are enhanced.

Creates a community of horses and people that value harmony and well-being.

The site goes on to talk extensively about this farm's work with disadvantaged or foster children and rescue horses. I'm not quite sure why but this alarms me. I rarely see a non-profit or an organization specifically offer services to disadvantaged and/or foster children. I don't quite see how this links into booking expensive stud service for Exitpoint."

In doing some archive digging today, I did find these:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/stallions.net/*

http://web.archive.org/web/20030401082303/http://www.threetreasuresfarms.com/

There are a number of archived or cached pages (be patient as they take a bit longer to load) to choose from for Stallions.net, including info about Exitpoint, and just a home page for Three Treasures Farms which simply lists massage therapists and personal trainers.

I had totally forgotten about the "disadvantaged foster children". I'm ashamed of myself. Does anyone know if this connection has been thoroughly checked out?

Is this the same Three Treasures Farms? They are now non-profit but still working with children and horses. Same phone number but the director is the same person who used to be listed as a massage therapist and trainer. Docket, can you explain how Three Treasures is linked (if they are) to KR and Foxfire Farms. Is there a direct link from Spink to Three Treasures?

http://threetreasuresfarms.org/

They are in Eugene, OR and their motto is:

"It is with reverence and respect for children and horses that we commit our lives to improving theirs. Our goal with Three Treasures Farms is to assist others by lending our knowledge so that people are empowered to make their lives and the lives of horses better."

And Docket, may I ask a favor. When you post something, could you please add a link so that we can read the entire document. Thanks so much.

On FB:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Three-Treasures-Farms/143744534574

This could be totally harmless and wonderful or ominous:

"Three Treasures Farms "FS" [EBM] and several of her equine massage students traveled out to Tired Dog Ranch on July 12th to participate in their Rescues Only Retreat.

Tired Dog Ranch is a horse rescue located in the beautiful area of Oakridge, Oregon. Once a year, members of various horse rescue organizations from as far away as Washington and Californa come together to spend a week at Tired Dog, enjoying the scenic trails, swapping stories and catching up on various networking activities.
This year Three Treasures Farms was pleased to be invited to provide equine massage services as one of the Retreat options."

Levi Strauss are one of their supporters, according to this page.

Can you answer a few questions as this case goes back a ways. Was KR (we're supposed to use initials for the "uninvolved), the woman who appeared in the video?

Glad you are better now Missizzy!
Yes, I can answer this for you, KR appeared in the KING5 video interview, she is a horse breeder and Spink had as she said, changed her horse business web site into a *advertiser censored* site.
I do not think that was her sitting in the chair with a cane at the sheriff's office in the clip.

So she IS connected with Spink and knew full well what he was doing? I'd always doubted that a person could not know what direction their own website was headed..

She was unaware of what was happening as she trusted the man and after all, he was a big name in the horse world and all, and owned a stallion worth millions, so he was not some guy off the street by any means.
When she found out what was happenign she immediately removed him and cut ties.
What she meant by a thousand people behind her was the fact that he has left a trail of tears behind over the years of animal and human victims victimized in many different ways.

I wanted to point out that I checked back on Beastforum for updates on Spink a while back and I noticed something that I hadn't noticed before. It had a time stamp for the time of my "visit" as a guest. It was eight hours ahead of me. I'm in Oregon. I'm assuming that this means that the forum is run out of Europe.

It is run out of Europe yes, where our laws can't touch it. If you did a lookup of that domain in one of the domain valuation sites on the web, you would find this is valued at

Estimated value $138,425.71
Daily Ad Earnings: $161.79
Daily traffic Earnings: $15.00
Potential Annual Earnings: $51,268.78

Unique Visitors / Day: 10,049
Page Impressions / Day: 253,777

That shows the extent of the problem and how difficult it is to fight against sick sites like that.
Spink shows up as banned on that site, imagine that slap in the face, being banned from a bestiality site!

And I have one final question. Foster children?????? I'm a child advocate and the mother of 14. My first thought always goes to the children. Can you explain a little further about that please, while I splash cold water on my face.

for Stallions.net, including info about Exitpoint, and just a home page for Three Treasures Farms

Is this the same Three Treasures Farms? They are now non-profit but still working with children and horses. Same phone number but the director is the same person who used to be listed as a massage therapist and trainer. Docket, can you explain how Three Treasures is linked (if they are) to KR and Foxfire Farms. Is there a direct link from Spink to Three Treasures?

Good lord you have your work cut out for you, 14!

I will address that, KR has had no knowlege of that farm till recently and no link, yes that is the same farm http://threetreasuresfarms.org probably .com and .net too as Spink's pattern is to acquire all three top level domains for anything he deals with.
Yes, there was a direct link between the female owner and Spink for a period of time, the farm has horses and foster children as their page says.

I would have posted a link as requested, but they have removed that newsletter, in fact, the directory for the newsletters is gone. I did save a copy of it, that small image is from it. That newsletter announced the new business partnership between Spink/Exitpoint and Three Treasures Farms.
The astounding thing is, the newsletter is from March 2008, this dates to after his release from prison after spending three years for his major drug traffic conviction!
What was this woman thinking, taking on an ex con, convicted of hauling almost 400# of cocaine across the border, being connected to her business and working around foster kids.

On the domains stallions net etc the judge has ordered Spink to divest all domains, web pages and materials having any connection to animals. He had collected over one hundred domain names according to a list Ive seen.

Thanks for all the informative updates, Docket. I am now extremely concerned about the children. I live in Jackson County and have involvement with child welfare. There are some legitimate events each year which are supported by DHS ie. a fishing day run by the Elks Club (I think).

It is just really rare to see non-profits get involved with doing volunteer work with foster kids due to the liability and necessity of background checks. I can see a child being referred to some form of horse-riding therapy but the state would pay for that as a necessary therapy (I've known a couple of foster children with autism who have participated in this).

In looking over everything on the Three Treasures and the Tired Dog Ranch sites, I have to say that they look wonderful to the untrained eye. I'm quite observant and other than the mere fact that no address is easy to find and the foster/disadvantaged child involvement, I would be drawn in. I also have to wonder where they receive referrals for these children. Some caseworker would have approve of visits. Foster children are wards of the state and their caseworkers are their legal guardians.

I have a long history in small dog rescue and these sites fooled me. If I were a horseperson, I'd be packing up for the Tired Dog Ranch Retreat. The horses and their care seem fabulous. A lot of energy is going into this endeavor, I'm sure. It comes off as very warm and fuzzy and Oregon at its best.

Do you happen to know exactly what services are offered to foster children? Are they stable helpers, do they ride, do they go on these retreats?

So, I'm assuming that KR has severed any connection with Three Treasures Farm?

If you'll scroll down to 5/24/08, there is a comment by Exitpoint, signed "ds". The post addresses the fact that "FS" of Three Treasures Farms is responsible for the breeding program of one of his horses. He's a felon. How could "FS" allow him to be on site if she's serving foster children?

http://www.horsegroomingsupplies.com/horse-forums/oh-man-this-one-takes-the-cake-200510-25.html

I cannot get this quote out of my head:

http://www.examiner.com/us-headline...aided-washington-state-douglas-spink-arrested

"The raid was conducted by the Whatcom County Sheriff’s Office in assistance with the U.S. Probation Department, U.S. Marshals Office, and the FBI. Reports state that authorities seized dogs, horses, and mice. There were reportedly thousands of images of bestiality and child *advertiser censored* found on the property as well....."

Who owned the child *advertiser censored*, who made it, and how is that seizure being handled?

I'm unclear on Spink's sentence. Does he have any post prison supervision....any prohibitions? He truly can start accruing animals again as soon as he gets out? I would think that all the horse facilities in the northwest would be onto him right now. Being that horse people have so much on the line financially, I wouldn't think they'd want to be affiliated with him. Wouldn't his name kind attached to a facility be a deal breaker? I hate to say it but his name is getting quite well known in the northwest.

Here's a link to a forum where I see an ongoing discussion concerning Spink's crime and the difficulty in knowing what to do with these animals. Many valid points are brought up. I also find it interesting just how many people seem to grasp Spink's sick obsession with these animals.

It seems tragic to have to put an animal down due to abuse meted out on it by a human but consider some of the arguments made here.

http://schwung.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=news&action=display&thread=5914&page=2

Here's a shocking snip:

"Spink's MOM showed up in court and was screaming at the animal shelter director, and shelter director said she will, quote: "fight to the death for the custody of these dogs"

That raises my concern to a whole new level. Are we seeing a multi-generational case of animal abuse? Just who is Spink's mother? And he has an estranged wife. I won't post the names but there's lots of info here.

A very thorough narrative description of Spink's trial and the outcome:

WARNING: VERY GRAPHIC DESCRIPTIONS OF BESTIALITY

http://www.hopeforhorses.net/Blog/Entries/2010/6/16_spink_returns_to_jail;_clarke_gets_deported.html

There are several pages here about the legal wrangling for the animals, and narrative about the criminal acts. This is on Hope for Horses website. They participated in the independent film, "Zoo", about the man who died during a sexual encounter with a horse in WA.

From the link above:

"The Judge held his composure as he stated that Spink had used his “substantial intelligence” to get around the rules, and again reminded Spink of something Spink had said in 2008 during that New York journey - “It’s not as much fun to simply break the rules as it is to get around them.”

He told Spink that he had little doubt but that Spink would continue to practice what he preached. And for that reason he felt Spink’s actions merited severe consequences."

*Spink’s supervised release was revoked.

*21 of 22 mandatory conditions of his original sentence were reimposed. (He declined to hold Spink accountable for Whatcom Humane Society’s expenses while caring for Spink’s animals during the past three months.)

*Spink was ordered not to possess any material depicting or describing sexual contact with animals

*He is not allowed to have computers, hard drives, or software without permission from his parole officer

*He must allow his computers to be inspected by his parole officer

*He must consent to ongoing monitoring, evaluation, retrieval, and copying of electronic media in his possession

*He was ordered to shut down all websites that had anything to do with bestiality

*He was ordered to serve 36 months in custody at the medium security Sheridan Federal Correctional Facility in northwestern Oregon.

*He was further ordered to serve an additional 24 months under supervised release

I'm very confused as to whether Spink is a "lone" player or if he has others standing in the shadows supporting him. His mother, CS, has certainly gone to bat for him.

Reading that Douglas Spink's mother is still in the picture caused me to do some research today. I have to admit that this man is sickly intriguing. He seems to have no boundaries whatsoever. I've pondered what drives him......and then I found it.

I found an article written in 2005 and published in the Oregonian. This was written after the cocaine bust but long before the arrest for bestiality. It outlines his meteoric rise to fame, his great wealth, his love of extreme sports and his disorder. Yes. I don't think I've ever seen this in print before:

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20050308/NEWS01/503080725

"Spink, the accused drug dealer, forms a picture far removed from Doug Spink, the child of Pennsylvania privilege who attended a private academy, went fox hunting with his father, played squash and rode in elegant horse competitions. He earned an MBA and, like his father, became a mergers-and-acquisitions man, buying and selling companies.

But Spink, who suffers from a mild form of autism known as Asperger syndrome, left a trail of bad blood and lost fortunes - his and others...."

Talk about an a-ha moment. Good looking, tall, strong, bright, no boundaries, doesn't read social cues, impulsive, lack of eye contact, connects with animals far better than people. Spectrum disorder.

There's no shame in spectrum disorder, that's for sure. Many people live completely full lives with the disorder--actually just considering it a "difference". I'd always assumed that Spink was a man with raging, unmedicated bipolar disorder. I assumed that he chose the mania and the grandiosity. What I failed to consider is that Asperger's and bipolar often go hand in hand. In many ways Douglas Spink was handed a dangerous combination. Too much wealth, little direction, intelligence, risk seeking behavior, and a disorder that prevents him from fully grasping the consequences of his actions. He's bound to hurt many.

Also note in this article that Spink was 33 at the time this was written. He had yet to serve his sentence for drug smuggling but was having horrific money troubles. I find it interesting that his step-son was ordered by a judge to produce documents about his whereabouts. How old is this step-son? Another clue. Spink's wife is estranged. Is she much older than him? I'm starting to wonder if Spink wears shoes.

Wow, okay... I didn't link to everything, but I realize you all did-- so thank you. My eyes are officially opened. :(

All I have to say is "Sweet Jesus" what in the heck is wrong with these folks?

Just like children these poor animals have no say in this matter.

I so recall the man that died after the horse incident.

I remember it too Filly - never will forget it. The man died because his intestines got blown out. There are some real awful sicko's in this world.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-04-16-bestiality-arrest_N.htm?csp=34

"....Authorities searched his [ETA; Spink's] farm Wednesday after prosecutors received a tip from a public defender's office in Tennessee. The office reported that Spink had been calling them incessantly about a jailed defendant in a bestiality case in Tennessee.

That man, James Michael Tait, had previously admitted filming a man having sex with a horse in Enumclaw, Wash., in 2005. The man Tait filmed died of internal injuries suffered during the incident. He received a minor sentence in the case because Washington had relatively weak bestiality laws at the time."

So, it seems as if the current investigation followed Spink's concern over the arrest of his buddy, Mr. Tait. Here's a link to the story of Mr. Tait, who filmed a man having sex with a horse. The man subsequently died from internal injuries.

http://www.pet-abuse.com/cases/5034/WA/US/

"A Seattle man died after engaging in anal sex with a horse at a farm suspected of being a gathering place for people seeking to have sex with livestock, police said...."

more at link

So, if LE knew about this "farm" since 2005, why did it take so darned long to shut it down?

Hey anybody want to see the original thread on this?

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26362&highlight=man+sex+horse

Thank you, IWannaKnow, I must have totally missed that. The initials I find are Man-Animal-Lover. I also found a T-shirt which I think must be connected. You can view it here:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...mage_result&resnum=4&ct=image&ved=0CBUQ9QEwAw...snip...

This would be beyond horrible, as that appears to be a design submitted to a competition benefiting

"SPCA International

The mission of SPCA International is to raise awareness of the abuse of animals to a global level, to teach and foster good pet parenting practices, and to promote spay and neuter programs around t... → LEARN MORE"

LisaB--Do you have a link for that? Really? I saw that logo on the zoophile forum.

I'm still not sure if that shirt is connected with zoophilia but I do see that word used on the bestiality forums. I think we determined that this:

http://www.zazzle.com/equality_bumper_bumper_sticker-128174577077021110

is the logo to be concerned about. It's the one that Spink used and a couple of stables still seem to be using it (or were until we posted about it). Docket posted about it, upthread. I don't know if there's ever been confirmation concerning just what bumper sticker was actually on Spink's car but LE recognized it. You can also see it here:

http://zeta-union.deviantart.com/

Z.E.T.A. stands for Zoophiles for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, I believe. The character is also the lowercase form of the Greek letter.

Another old case I dug up and looked back in to.

This ummmmm person did his time then got kicked loose and up until it looks like a year ago has constantly been in trouble with the law mostly regarding animals. Probation violations on and on. Volunteering on farms etc. and at one point was in Canada who said "Yo, US we don't want this garbage take it back"

Under a site irontroll youcan read his now deleted Blog as Fausty his moniker. I refer tot that as in the Blog he goes on and on about his "boys" and love for them and safety, but he got clipped a few years back holding a machete to his dogs throat.

It appears he doesn't run bajillion dollars worth of coke anymore between boarders. Nope, back home to around Harmony, PA. Oregon Canada you name it. JMO, but this guy should be in a hospital for the criminally insane.

Sheesh, now this is surreal. I wish I never saw this thread.

I'm looking around and I find back in the Tennessee case a woman was also arrested. Christy Morris. Then I go looking all over to see what charges she got. This lady admittedly had sex with animals and she got a few years monitored probation. How you do that? Go over to her house and make sure she has no pets?

O.K. it's not for me to judge her. I wasn't there, but well something just ain't right. I found an unofficial, tongue in cheek online paper telling what her charges were and such.

http://maurycountytn.info/

Oh don't read it if you get offended by the use of the phrase "white trash" or you like to have names and numbers of meth dealers at your disposal.

So then I look up this woman and she has a Myspace. That's all I'm sayin. I mean I haven't been far in this world. I haven't really travelled. I don't know a bunch of folks from all divides, races and classes, but it's like another world. I feel so bad for these poor animals. In another way I feel way bad for this chick. Like what happened here? How'd it work out you hang around with men that have sex with horses?

MYSPACE:

I got nothing. Why?

Featured Content on Myspace

O.K. so you do your time which in this case for this lady was a probation sort of deal. No animals.

Looks like she is all legal now running a furry baby animal pet shelter gig. Not to mention being a Furry. Sorry it still freaks me out and always will.

Sure enough your on FB basically under your own name? Kal Daka Christy Morris. Still living in the same town.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanamburga
Back