GUILTY WA - Hazel Homan, 3, murdered by dad's girlfriend, Bellingham, 27 Nov 2019 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
On Nov. 27, police said they received a call about a possible pediatric cardiac arrest of 3-year-old Hazel Holman. An investigation revealed that the injuries Hazel sustained Nov. 27 were caused by 27-year-old Kamee Nicole Dixon. Dixon is not Hazel’s biological mother, but is in a relationship with Hazel’s biological father.

Dixon is not Hazel’s biological mother, but is in a relationship with Hazel’s biological father.

Dixon was arrested without incident and was booked into the Whatcom County Jail on suspicion of second-degree murder

Bellingham woman arrested in murder of 3-year-old girl

Well, dammit, another little miracle gone. And there was mention of earlier injuries -- and nobody noticed that she was in pain, especially when a broken bone area was touched? Daddy knew nothing? Anything is possible, I guess. SMH.

Has the bio-mother been contacted about this? More sadness for someone else in this awful situation. Grandparents? This is a tough time of year for such bad news.
A little 3-year-old girl. At least she is at peace and not in pain or fear any more.

Here's a cute picture of Hazel! :)

Hazel-Homan-photo.jpg

and the article to go with it.

Live-in girlfriend faces murder charge after abusing tot girl for at least 6 months while dad was working [Prosecutors]

A Washington woman is facing murder charges after investigators say she shook a 3-year-old girl to death after the child endured months of horrific abuse.
[.....]
According to doctors, Hazel’s official cause of death was listed as “Shaken Baby Syndrome.” Dixon is accused of killing the child while living with Hazel’s father, Brandon Homan. The couple lived in Bellingham, around 88 miles north of Seattle.
[.....]
Prosecuting Attorney Erik Sigmar argued that given the extent of the child’s injuries and the charges, Dixon should be considered dangerous to society.

“The court found probable cause that the defendant committed murder in the second degree against a 3-year-old girl, and it wouldn’t be uncommon for a prosecutor such as myself to ask the court for $1 million bail for a serious violent offense. But this case is different,” Sigmar said in court.
[.....]
Court documents indicate that Dixon has a history of legal trouble. In 2012, she was convicted of theft and trespassing. In 2017, she was convicted of witness tampering.

Argh. My partner is a terrific parent, but had she not been, and had any of our kids exhibited a 6-month history of scalds, cigarette marks, bruises and oddities like an "alkaline chemical burn" (!) in their eye or anywhere else, I'd have been asking all kinds of hard questions (as would she, were the roles reversed).

I mean, as a parent you're interacting physically with toddlers all time, and they're regularly in a state of partial or total undress -- how can you miss such obvious signs of abuse, and how many feeble explanations can you listen to regarding them? And how can you then go to court as a bereaved parent and argue for a lower bail?

Argh. My partner is a terrific parent, but had she not been, and had any of our kids exhibited a 6-month history of scalds, cigarette marks, bruises and oddities like an "alkaline chemical burn" (!) in their eye or anywhere else, I'd have been asking all kinds of hard questions (as would she, were the roles reversed).

I mean, as a parent you're interacting physically with toddlers all time, and they're regularly in a state of partial or total undress -- how can you miss such obvious signs of abuse, and how many feeble explanations can you listen to regarding them? And how can you then go to court as a bereaved parent and argue for a lower bail?
Exactly that. Yes, you notice.
Bath time -- is that dirt? You would notice to make sure it is okay. No, it's a bruise (or a bite, or a pinch, or a little stab wound), etc. Yes, you notice those things to make sure that all is normal. I did or my DH did. We only had one child, but I feel sure if I had been bathing or dressing the 7th one, I would have noticed and taken a 2nd or 3rd look, and called my DH to look as well. Yes, you notice. They love to run around naked -- at least my son did at 2 or 3 -- yes, you notice to make sure everything is okay.
Not buying no one else noticing -- no one else caring, maybe -- but not no one noticing. Did the stepmom lay off hurting her a few weeks before a medical appt for a check-up or an immunization, etc.? Did she make sure the wounds would always be where clothing would hide the hurt place? So it wouldn't be noticed.
The little ones always lose.

Last edited:
Friday, December 13th:
*Arraignment Hearing (@ 9am PT) – WA – Hazel Holman (3) (Nov. 27, 2019, Bellingham) - *Kamee Nicole Dixon (27) (father’s GF) arrested (12/5/19) & charged (12/6/19) with 2nd degree murder. $1M bond.
12/6/19 Update: Preliminary hearing. Next arraignment hearing on 12/13.

https://www.bellinghamherald.com/news/local/crime/article238370658.html

Kamee Nicole Dixon, 27, pleaded not guilty to homicide by abuse (domestic violence) and second-degree murder (domestic violence) for the death of Hazel Journey Homan.

Dixon’s jury trial is tentatively scheduled for Feb. 3, 2020. Dixon is currently incarcerated in the Whatcom County Jail in lieu of $1 million bail.
[.....]
Charging documents show Hazel suffered a repeated pattern of abuse at the hands of Dixon in the last six months of her life that ultimately led to the toddler’s death on Nov. 30. The toddler allegedly suffered broken bones, bruises and burns while being cared for by Dixon.

Dixon was formally charged with second-degree murder and homicide by abuse Dec. 9. The homicide by abuse charge incorporates the past alleged abuse.

Since becoming a parent these threads are especially hard, I have a just turned four year old son.

I get mad when the kids come back with bruises from my ex’s, or injuries they get at daycare, and they’re just usual bumps and grazes.

How do you even shake a 3 yr old hard enough to kill them?? I struggle to pick up my son these days! And everything else too :-(

And then to find that CPS dropped the ball again, I could never work in child welfare as it must be one of the most frustrating, demoralising job ever. The lack of resources for our precious children is disgusting pretty much worldwide.

Uggh, sorry for the ramble, I looked at the picture, and it just got me...like so many others sadly. What a world we live in.

Coincidence, perhaps, but this morning there are 10 -- 10!!!-- cases on the first page of the Trials forum involving the murder of children. Much as I appreciate all of the updates and the bumps that result, this is truly awful to see on a winter's morning.

Time for a holiday break, and all best to those who work to prevent and redress these crimes.

@scapa - those trials are probably the cases that I follow.... I just can't help not following these cases of these little babies getting killed over & over again & child services lack of investigating the cases when the abuse starts.... :(

Oops - missed a motions hearing....

12/13/2019 Arraignment
Judicial Officer: Heydrich, Alfred L
Hearing Time: 9:00 AM

12/13/2019 Initial Arraignment
Judicial Officer: Englett, Pamela E
Comment: CC19-240

12/13/2019 Order Setting Trial Date
Judicial Officer: Englett, Pamela E

12/16/2019 Motion
Comment: For Preservationf Of Evidence Under CrR 4.7

12/16/2019 Notice of Issue
Comment: Motion For Preservation

12/19/2019 Motion Hearing
Judicial Officer: Montoya-Lewis, Raquel D
Hearing Time: 8:30 AM
Comment: For Preservation

01/08/2020 Status Conference
Judicial Officer: Grochmal, Lee P
Hearing Time: 8:30 AM

02/03/2020 Jury Trial
Judicial Officer: Garrett, Deborra E
Hearing Time: 9:00 AM

link: Odyssey Portal - Washington Courts Online Case Search

Dear Sweet little Hazel
While out looking at Christmas lights and reflecting this time of year, with children getting ready for Santa and family gathering together my heart thought of you precious child.

My wish would of been of you with your grandparents and all excited and feeling safe and secure waiting for Christmas morning.

It saddens me to think of the pain and injuries you suffered at the hands of a monsteress (daddy's girlfriend).
I wonder if you have met Lucas his Daddy's girlfriend took his life too.
So many little ones in remembrance.,,,
Lighting a candle, bowing head in silence.
JUSTICE4HAZEL

Wednesday, January 8th:
*Status Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) – WA – Hazel Holman (3) (Nov. 27, 2019, Bellingham) - *Kamee Nicole Dixon (27) (Father’s GF) arrested (12/5/19) & charged (12/6/19) with homicide by abuse (domestic violent & 2nd degree murder (domestic violence). Plead not guilty. $1M bond.
Trial set to begin on 2/3/20.
12/13/19 Update: pleaded not guilty to homicide by abuse (domestic violence) and second-degree murder (domestic violence) for the death of Hazel Journey Homan. Dixon’s jury trial is tentatively scheduled for Feb. 3, 2020. Motions hearing scheduled for 12/16.
12/16/19 Update: Next status hearing on 1/8/20, Review hearing on 1/9 re preservation of evidence and trial set for 2/3/20.

Thursday, January 9th:
*Review & Motions Hearing (@ 8:30am PT) – WA – Hazel Journey Holman (3) (Nov. 27, 2019, Bellingham) - *Kamee Nicole Dixon (27) (Father’s GF) arrested (12/5/19) & charged (12/6/19) with homicide by abuse (domestic violent & 2nd degree murder (domestic violence). Plead not guilty. $1M bond.
Trial set to begin on 2/3/20.
12/13/19 Update: pleaded not guilty to homicide by abuse (domestic violence) and second-degree murder (domestic violence) for the death of Hazel Journey Holman. Dixon’s jury trial is tentatively scheduled for Feb. 3, 2020. Motions hearing scheduled for 12/16.
12/16/19 Update: Next status hearing on 1/8/20, Review hearing on 1/9/20 re preservation of evidence & motions hearing and trial set for 2/3/20.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CatD
Back