WA - John, 43, & Christale Careaga, 37, & two 16yo sons slain, Bremerton, 28 Jan 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Going through the inmate list at KC jail In Custody , there are 3 inmates that have the same charges, all arrested today:

WATSON, JOHNNY JAMES
  • Offender ID : 30014073
  • Booking Number : 2022001869
  • Race/Sex : WHITE/MALE
  • Booking Date: 06/06/2022 10:56AM
  • MURDER 1
    BURGLARY 1
    MURDER 1
    ARSON 1
    KIDNAPPING 1
    ASSAULT 1 - DEADLY WEAPON

WATSON III, ROBERT JAMES
  • Offender ID : 30004711
  • Booking Number : 2022001868
  • Booking Date: 06/06/2022 10:52AM
  • MURDER 1
    BURGLARY 1
    ARSON 1
    KIDNAPPING 1
    MURDER 1

KELLY JR, DANIE JAY
  • Offender ID : 30020498
  • Booking Number : 2022001870
  • Booking Date: 06/06/2022 10:57AM
  • MURDER 1
    MURDER 1
    BURGLARY 1
    KIDNAPPING 1
    ARSON 1

That last one, his name has been connected to this for quite some time, but I don't have any links handy. As soon as I saw it, I recalled seeing it before, many many times.

Sadly I do believe $20 grand is not enough to get anyone to come forward not sure any amount would suffice. The code of silence is the rule, the fear is real. What good will $20 grand do anyone to just wind up like the Careaga family did. They won't take out just one grown adult,(which is bad enough itself) but their children too. MOO

I decided to put the thread in Crimes in the News instead of Missing Persons because at least three homicides are suspected, and it is primarily a crime story.

The reports say a large extended family lived at the house.

A 911 call came from the house on Friday night complaining of violence. The caller then hung up. When Central Kitsap Fire and Rescue arrived on the scene, they found smoke bollowing from the house, and three dead bodies inside. Cause of death is unknown, and from what I've read, it will be a while before those details are released.
Hi, I’m not one who ever needed to use this but I wanted the Kitsap News article posted to show there were 3 arrests made. I loved this family and I hope justice is served News, Sports, Business, Opinion | Kitsap Sun

PORT ORCHARD — Kitsap County Sheriff's detectives have arrested three men in connection with the 2017 killings of four members of the Careaga family, the office announced Monday morning.
I hated reading the details, I knew them sort of. I have been so sad about this for 5.5 years and not sure why the arrest is making this feel so bad but I guess its seeing the details and picturing them. I never knew anything about cocaine, he was getting his wife off drugs she took for her back and would only allow her Pot. He told me he would not have anything harder around her. I can't express how often I think of them and the family that survives are wonderful people. We rented to most of the kids off and on (didn't own properties, just helped owner) What I know of Johnny is he was a great person, he worked hard and he was a good dad and husband. I just wanted this article out there and didn't realize somebody had posted it. I remember finding this post 5 years ago under (toomancats) and feeling people were just judging him because he was hispanic and drugs were mentioned. He was more than that and I do thank Kitsap County for their work on this case. Thanks for listening!

This family rents the restaurant from us and he and his wife have owned it around 10 years. We also rent to their daughter and are very close to this family. I don't even know what to say, I have heard conflicting stories and 1 is that the Dad was beaten and family killed, house set on fire and abducted and the other just seems to be from the newspapers that he is probably a suspect (the way its worded gives me that impression). I know the female victim is his wife as heard from family members and she is the sweetest person, I'm heartbroken and not sure which is worse, he did it or he has been abducted. I just hope there is resolution quickly because between them they had like 9 kids. There are flowers all around the restaurant/coffee stand because the community really loved these people as well. If anybody finds anything or sees any info on this please post it so I can at least know how to feel. Thank you!
(just wanted to add I have been a member of these forums and have seen the amount of things the sleuths here have figured out and I never thought I would be involved with anybody who has needed to posted here but glad you guys have it posted)
I wrote this 5 years ago and still didn’t know somebody killed Johnny and his family that day. To answer the question I asked that day is which would be worse it was absolutely knowing somebody killed the family and used that to torture him until they killed him.

Very Informative article. What a challenge this case has been for the detectives. It's amazing there is more details than what's in this article coming forward. Unbelievable.

Careaga was "a family man" who "stood up for himself" and was "protective of his family," detectives said. But investigators did note that aside from the successful taqueria he owned, he was bringing a kilo of cocaine up from California to sell in Kitsap "every couple of months."

I don't understand how they had a witness who SAW and KNEW who drove the truck out of there. And it still took 5+ years.
I have read that Kelley (the one who was supposedly seen driving the truck) was questioned several times, fairly early on in the investigation, but they were never able to make an arrest. From reading the articles and hearing news reports this last week, IMO it has taken a long time to put together the pieces and the players when they’re not getting many people coming forward to name names or provide assistance. Investigators have said there are people who have not been forthcoming and others who have been purposefully misleading. They are still asking for people to come forward. News reports this past week have also implied more arrests may be coming.

The drug trade is a very dangerous one. I wonder how many people who would otherwise be suspects have died in the meantime.

I just saw this on You Tube, and I recognized the picture of the four of them. Hadn't realized it had been this long.

The drug trade is a very dangerous one. I wonder how many people who would otherwise be suspects have died in the meantime.

I just saw this on You Tube, and I recognized the picture of the four of them. Hadn't realized it had been this long.
Not anything to do with this case, but I remember watching the movie "Maria full of Grace". It changed my perspective on what is good and what is bad. There is so much gray. Life can be complicated.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back