WA WA - Lake Tapps, WhtFem Adult - pre 50, UP72248, vacant lot, clothes, Aug'19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

sasha17

Curiouser & curiouser
Reaction score
"The Pierce County Sheriff’s Office is investigating after human remains were found at a construction site at Lake Tapps. The bones were found in a vacant lot on 9th Street E., near Evergreen Point. Forensic investigators confirmed that the bones were human and that those bones were on the property for an extended period of time. The medical examiner's office is working to confirm the identity of the victim."

Human remains found near Lake Tapps

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/crime/article234489947.html

Authorities say human remains were discovered by construction workers east of Tacoma in the Lake Tapps area.

The Pierce County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday workers found bones while tearing down a house and clearing property that had been abandoned for several years.

Detectives are working with the medical examiner's office to determine the identity of the body.
Human remains found by construction workers

"The Pierce County Sheriff’s Office is investigating after human remains were found at a construction site at Lake Tapps. The bones were found in a vacant lot on 9th Street E., near Evergreen Point. Forensic investigators confirmed that the bones were human and that those bones were on the property for an extended period of time. The medical examiner's office is working to confirm the identity of the victim."

https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/crime/article234489947.html
My sister, Cynthia Long 28, disappeared in 1980 from Graham, but her killer had family live near that Lake Tapps address.

My sister, Cynthia Long 28, disappeared in 1980 from Graham, but her killer had family live near that Lake Tapps address.
I'm so sorry. The not knowing has to be so hard. I did a quick search and do not see a thread started for your sister. Have you found one on here? Maybe it would be helpful for you and your family to have one so we can help.

According to the sheriff's spokesman, the remains have preliminarily been identified as a female.

"Deputies said crews were in the process of clearing a lot where an abandoned mobile home once stood and found a trash or recycling bin, emptied it out and found the remains inside, according to investigators. “We are looking at this as a homicide,” said Pierce County sheriff’s spokesman detective Ed Troyer. Troyer said a preliminary examination indicates the skeleton appears to be that of a female but said that has not been confirmed by the Pierce County Medical Examiner’s Office."

Sorry I was so slow to respond, I work a very heavy schedule.
Welcome Mudpacker. May this be the news you have been waiting for for so long. I imagine this period of waiting for identification must be so difficult.

Thank you, sorry I took so long to reply, I have a heavy work schedule most days, by the time I get home and fix dinner, I’m tired. It is difficult, but we are used to the disappointment of thinking we’ve found Cindy only to hear it is not so

I'm so sorry. The not knowing has to be so hard. I did a quick search and do not see a thread started for your sister. Have you found one on here? Maybe it would be helpful for you and your family to have one so we can help.

We’ve had Cindy’s case on many forums, it hasn’t produced anything. The people who know things will take them to the grave, just like her killer did. What kind of family does that? We’ve also had a few news articles in the Tacoma News Tribune, but they did not garner one lead. I think Cindy will be found when Pierce Country Sheriff’s Department does a search on the property where she lived with her husband, her killer. At least that is my hope, but also keep my eyes on human remains in the area.

We’ve had Cindy’s case on many forums, it hasn’t produced anything. The people who know things will take them to the grave, just like her killer did. What kind of family does that? We’ve also had a few news articles in the Tacoma News Tribune, but they did not garner one lead. I think Cindy will be found when Pierce Country Sheriff’s Department does a search on the property where she lived with her husband, her killer. At least that is my hope, but also keep my eyes on human remains in the area.
Do you have links to her case? I see there was foul play involved, but nothing more than that. Has David Rose ever featured this case on Washington's Most Wanted????

Here is the response I received from the Pierce County Sheriff's Office today:

"Thank you for contacting us. We have submitted the DNA to several labs and are awaiting results. Unfortunately it can take several months to receive results depending on the condition of the remains and the quality of the DNA profile, and the different databases it needs to be run through once a profile is obtained."

"Thank you for contacting us. We have submitted the DNA to several labs and are awaiting results. Unfortunately it can take several months to receive results depending on the condition of the remains and the quality of the DNA profile, and the different databases it needs to be run through once a profile is obtained."

Thank you, Sasha. I have a local case I've been following and I am waiting to see if this could be Ruthie Kindness (MP10877)

Get em Ed. I have faith in you. https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/local/article247425505.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sidsloth
Back