WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good question, eyes4crime. I have never heard about a bloodhound sniffing out someone a bike. How would Lindsey have acquired a bike, though? As far as we know, she didn't take one with her.

Comment I found on the latest Lindsey Baum article on King5.com:
"Lets look at the truth guys. This little girl was abused by her brother. He has choked her till she passed out chased her with kitchen knives and shovles. The McCleary police was called on the incidents and they took her back home CPS didn't even do anything for poor Lindsey. And her mom didn't treat her much better."

I know comments are hearsay and they can't really be taken at face value... but if this is true, it gives a lot of evidence for why Lindsey was glad to see her brother go to juvie and why she might have run away. Perhaps she was scared for her life. She did argue with him on her way to the friend's house, which would have been 30 or so minutes before she went missing, yes? Maybe she thought he would be waiting for her along the route home, so she took off in a different direction (explains the bloodhounds not finding her scent).

UPDATE: National Guard chopper joins search for missing McCleary girl
Story Published: Jun 29, 2009 at 7:16 AM PDT
Story Updated: Jun 29, 2009 at 12:35 PM PDT
<snipped>
MCCLEARY, Wash. - The National Guard has joined the FBI, search and rescue teams and dozens of volunteers in looking for a 10-year-old girl who vanished Friday while walking home from a friend's house.

Meanwhile, friends and family members have planned a prayer vigil for Tuesday at 9:30 p.m. at Beerbauer Park.

Lindsey J. Baum was last seen between 9 and 10 p.m. Friday when she left her friend's home on Maple Street, where she had been visiting, said Dave Pimentel of the Grays Harbor County Sheriff's Office.

Lindsey was going to walk the four blocks to her home on Mommsen Road, which is roughly a 10-minute walk. But something happened in that short distance - Lindsey never arrived home.

The search is going national online as Lindsey's information is now on the front page of the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children web site.

"I've tried to keep the thought of somebody grabbing her out of my mind," her mother, Melissa Baum, said Sunday.

She says Lindsey argued with her brother on her way to a friend's house Friday night. She talked to her friend for a bit, then started for home as darkness fell.

The friend's father, Scott Williams, said he asked Lindsey to go home before it got too dark.

"She was here 10, 15 minutes, and then, you know, we said, 'You should probably get going before it gets dark,' and that was the last we heard of her," he said.

Witnesses say Lindsey seemed normal as she headed out around 9:15. Another friend even walked her part of the way, but Lindsey never showed up at her home.

She says her daughter is upset about her recent divorce, but doesn't have money to run away - and has never tried to run away before. Her mom doubts at this point that Lindsey is trying to hide.

"If somebody does have her, I wish they would just drop her off somewhere where she can get to a pay phone and call 911 or call home, so that we can come and get her," she says, sobbing.

Lindsey's father lives in Tennessee. Police have contacted him, and he's not suspected of any involvement in Lindsey's disappearance.

VIDEO: National Guard chopper joins search for missing McCleary girl 2:18
As it scans for signs of 10-year-old Lindsey J. Baum from the air, volunteers and search and rescue teams are out on foot for the third day trying to find out what happened to the girl who disappeared on Friday from this small town of 1,550 people.
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49428097.html?video=YHI&t=a

Lindsey J. Baum
090627_lindsey_baum_3.jpg

Article:
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/49428097.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FBI Joins Search For Missing McCleary Girl
Police Investigators First Suspected Ten-year-old Lindsey Baum Had Run Away, Instead Of Walking Home From A Friend's House Five Blocks Away Friday Evening. But Now Concern Is Growing As The Girl Remains Missing Two Days After Failing To Arrive At Home
June 29, 2009
<snipped>
MCCLEARY - The FBI has now joined the search for a missing 10-year-old girl from the small town of McCleary, 25 miles west of Olympia. Lindsey Baum disappeared Friday night as she walked from a friend's house to her own home. Her mom called police when Lindsey failed to show up around 10 pm that night.

Grays Harbor County Undersheriff Richard Scott said he's not sure what happened to Baum.

"This is a girl with no means, no money, and no true opportunity to leave," Scott said.

Lindsey Baum was visiting her friend Michaela Kampen Friday night. Michaela's mother Kara Kampen says it started getting late and she sent Lindsey home.

"They had asked to spend the night and we had plans and we said 'not tonight' so she headed home," says Kampen. "It's reality check for all parents that this could happen in McCleary of all places."

The McCleary police chief has decided against issuing an Amber Alert for the girl.

"We checked the state criteria and it just didn't meet it," explains George Crumb, McCleary's Chief of Police.

Although investigators are not calling Lindsey a runaway, not even the girl's family has ruled out the possibility.

Lindsey is 4'9" tall and 80 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was last seen wearing a gray sweatshirt with blue jeans and black shoes.

VIDEO: Search Underway For Missing 10-Year-Old Girl
http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-062709-video-missinggirl,0,1157863.worldnowvideo

Article:
http://www.q13fox.com/news/kcpq-062709-missinggirl,0,6893810.story

:angel:

I have a really bad feeling about this case... and her brother...

I pray that I am wrong

Good question, eyes4crime. I have never heard about a bloodhound sniffing out someone a bike. How would Lindsey have acquired a bike, though? As far as we know, she didn't take one with her.

"Lets look at the truth guys. This little girl was abused by her brother. He has choked her till she passed out chased her with kitchen knives and shovles. The McCleary police was called on the incidents and they took her back home CPS didn't even do anything for poor Lindsey. And her mom didn't treat her much better."

I know comments are hearsay and they can't really be taken at face value... but if this is true, it gives a lot of evidence for why Lindsey was glad to see her brother go to juvie and why she might have run away. Perhaps she was scared for her life. She did argue with him on her way to the friend's house, which would have been 30 or so minutes before she went missing, yes? Maybe she thought he would be waiting for her along the route home, so she took off in a different direction (explains the bloodhounds not finding her scent).

If I had a brother who was choking me 'till I passed out and chased me with knives and shovels...I'd get out of there fast! If what is said about her brother is true, that may explain her nightmares and feeling of doom for the future. She is only 10yo, upset about the divorce, and if true about her brother, worried about her life in her own home!! That poor child! mho

Also... If you look under the Photo Albums for fistey, one of the albums is named "M" the same name we heard about early on...but it's pictures of dogs.... anyone else catch that?

I've seen a profile earlier for that same "M" name..just trying to go back and find it again. I was going from profile to profile so much earlier I can't remember where in the heck I saw it!

edit: Ok, I found it. I'm such a ditz..it was on Fistey's! LOL

I've seen a profile earlier for that same "M" name..just trying to go back and find it again. I was going from profile to profile so much earlier I can't remember where in the heck I saw it!

edit: Ok, I found it. I'm such a ditz..it was on Fistey's! LOL

I hope this little girl is safe... I have bad feelings on it too though :( There is way to much meanness out there these days. She didn't just vanish...something happened to her & someone knows exactly what that is. Maybe she did take a different route home if she was trying to dodge her brother & maybe some sicko took her :(

I just now reread your post and am glad I did!

So her brother was the last person to see her? I wonder if he has been taken downtown yet along with his mother as he is under age?

WELCOME to Websleuths Angelgirl. We really appreciate our locals here so you'll feel at home real quick-like. I lived in Olympia for a long time, traveling back and forth to Aberdeen daily, so know your area quite well. xox

Talking to a friend of mine from the area, they are stopping ALL cars, going in and out of the area and searching them.

Talking to a friend of mine from the area, they are stopping ALL cars, going in and out of the area and searching them.

That is heartening as it looks like they are on the ball!

Hmmm, I wonder if they are looking for someone in particular? Or possibly seeing if someone is going to try and sneak her out of town? One good thing is the small size of the town.

Keep her on the phone! LOL Really, that is a great advantage we have here at Websleuths with our local input. xox

That is good news Ladybass, but if someone took her I don't think they'd be returning to the area. Since McCleary is so small, I'm sure everyone knows about the possible abduction.

@Scandi - The parent of the friend she visited was the last person to see her. Her brother, from what I understand, walked Lindsey part way TO the friend's house, then they had an argument and split up. Lindsey then made it to the friends house by herself, then was told to leave after being there for around 10-15 minutes. Then she left the house and went into oblivion.

My thinking is that if Lindsey's brother is abusive (as Lindsey suggests in her myspace & as posted in that comment) she would probably take a different route home in case her brother was waiting for her along the way or would be in the vicinity of the route home. Perhaps this sort of thing had happened before and Lindsey wanted to avoid it.

Has the "friend walking Lindsey back part-way" been confirmed? Or perhaps it was just suggested as a way for the friend's family to save face (no offense)? Because if not I could see that Lindsey left the house, was confronted by her brother, and harmed/left vulnerable elsewhere. Hmm.

Wait a minute
Is "Fiesty" a 10 year old too???
Is that her friend whose house she was at???

I don't think I've ever seen the last person to have seen a missing person so eager to share information with the media and/or post on the internet, especially so soon after the person goes missing and especially when that missing person is a child.

For some reason, it's just not sitting well with me. It's just very odd. I really can't remember seeing it before.

That is weird that she said on SM that the girls were not allowed to be on
myspace yet she has her own daughter added as a friend as of 4/20/2009!
(I think fistey is her daughter not Lindsey)

Here is the quote of her from SM:
"Both girls are not suppose to be accessing Myspace but as of yet that is one site that has not been blocked
from all public library computers or all of their friends homes."

Okay yeah i thought i read this somwehere...
so supposedly her friend's mom said the girls aren't supposed to be accessing Myspace...AND....that it is even blocked...
BUT yet she has her own daughter added????
So she is LYING then right????
Who did she say this stuff to?
Not only that, have you all LOOKED at "Fiesty"s myspace page???
So let's see....she's not "allowed" on myspace, but her mom has her added....
she's not even private...so she's a 10 year old girl w/ a very public myspace page....
and it has way too much grownup stuff on there for a 10 year old that her mother can clearly see....
There is sex stuff, a joke about condoms, slutty pics of girls...swearing....
I just don't get it....
Why do people let their kids grow up so fast?
:(
And Lindsey's page just breaks my heart....hers is public too and she is crying out for help....
Am i right that "Fiesty" doesn't have Lindsey for a myspace friend?
Or did i miss something?
I'm confused about alot of this, but i've been following it from the beginning....

I don't think I've ever seen the last person to have seen a missing person so eager to share information with the media and/or post on the internet, especially so soon after the person goes missing and especially when that missing person is a child.

For some reason, it's just not sitting well with me. It's just very odd. I really can't remember seeing it before.

AND she's not even telling the truth about stuff...
For example, someone posted that she said the girls weren't allowed to access myspace at all yet, and that it was blocked.....
BUT yet....
she has her own daughter added on her myspace page?
Is there something i'm missing?

sorry, i thought fiesty was lindsey because her picture was under the "fiesty" name....:confused:

Just to clarify..

fistey is Lindsey's friend -- the daughter of Kara. Both live at the house she was last seen at. fistey changed her profile picture to Lindsey's pic the day after she went missing. Lindsey has two myspace profiles under these monikers: Twilight Freak and Disturbed. Neither have her picture as the main user pic.

I am getting a very uneasy feeling about her visiting her friend.

Who was at the home when she arrived? Who was there when she left? Did anyone leave the home right behind her? Did she actually leave on her own?

My hinky meter is tacking....big time!!!

Why is it that these kids ALWAYS seem to go missing DAYS before their birthdays??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya