WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to post the new time-line and went to the other site where Mom K is posting...that info was recent...she posted it not long ago. Sorry if I included something I shouldn't have, but the time-line I'm doing changes constantly and I just wanted to make sure nothing was new...that was. It's over on a chimp site. Do you want me to take it out of the time-line? and to delete my posts about it? I sure will if it clears things up. TIA
That poster has already changed her timeline of events as some of it is coming from yet another person, her daughter.

Stick to what can be verified, she is not posting here, and running back and forth with what she posts elsewhere is counterproductive.

Whatever mom K says that isn't verified by PD is pure heresay...and the mods don't want us discussing heresay. NOT A FACT!

What mom K says in the newspaper is okay to discuss, and it is okay to discuss hearsay. It's just not okay to post what the poster named Karak posts. We've got to separate the two entities. Must stop considering them one and the same until that is verified.

Is it too soon to have a one for "Possible Suspects" - what do you think?

My vote would be "no" at this point because we don't really have anybody who stands out as a kidnapper. But I don't think it would be wrong to have individual threads on people related to the case, and refer to them by their initials. Remember, at the most, only one "possible" is actually guilty, and most likely none are. I mean, how would you react if you were discussed on a crime thread as a possible suspect just because you happened to know a victim? No one so far is a RSO or a convicted criminal that we can verify. No one has been accused of anything by anyone that we know of.

What mom K says in the newspaper is okay to discuss, and it is okay to discuss hearsay. It's just not okay to post what the poster named Karak posts. We've got to separate the two entities. Must stop considering them one and the same until that is verified.

Almost point by point she differs from what is in the news or media. LE says the dogs never got a scent - she says they did and a completely different way...on and on...it gets discussed here and one soon forgets if it's heresay or by LE. I include it in the time-lilne only to make sure people know it hasn't been verified. Do you think she knows this could turn into a murder investigation? Something is not right with the reporting of beautiful missing Lindsey.

Almost point by point she differs from what is in the news or media. LE says the dogs never got a scent - she says they did and a completely different way...on and on...it gets discussed here and one soon forgets if it's heresay or by LE. I include it in the time-lilne only to make sure people know it hasn't been verified. Do you think she knows this could turn into a murder investigation? Something is not right with the reporting of beautiful missing Lindsey.
Forget listing what comes from posts elsewhere, stick to what's in the Media. Enough talk about KK unless it's from a News source where her statements are on record.

The point is, does she say it in the media? I know it's a little late to close the barn door, but what Karak posts can't be discussed in this forum anymore. Not even on a timeline. So we've got to go back and see what quotes we can find that Kara has said to newspapers or to jvk.

The point is, does she say it in the media? I know it's a little late to close the barn door, but what Karak posts can't be discussed in this forum anymore. Not even on a timeline. So we've got to go back and see what quotes we can find that Kara has said to newspapers or to jvk.

I can honestly say that the info on the time-line saying it's from her and not verified by the police (LE) is pretty much up to date. I've looked for info from LE that would support what she says - and I can't find any. Important to remember is that it's being discussed and I'm not sure people know it hasn't been verified by LE. I would love links to put in the time-line supporting what's in it...I have those but not for her. TIA

That's a slippery slope. By naming names that the LE has not named as a POI can be damaging.
We have already been discussing people anyway using their initials because they are either associated directly to the family or the case. The media named them, but we are only using initials to dig a bit deeper into background information.

As long as we are careful not to...hmmm...nevermind. I will go and change that thread. LOL I was going to say...not to call them possible suspects. Hahahaha~ Oops. :angel:

I can honestly say that the info on the time-line saying it's from her and not verified by the police (LE) is pretty much up to date. I've looked for info from LE that would support what she says - and I can't find any. Important to remember is that it's being discussed and I'm not sure people know it hasn't been verified by LE. I would love links to put in the time-line supporting what's in it...I have those but not for her. TIA

LE doesn't have to verify what she says for us to discuss it. Just be sure you don't post any info from Karak and only info from the real life Kara. As far as I know, LE has not verified any of Kara's remarks except that Lindsey left her house that evening.

Where did I miss that Kara's posts can't be discussed?

Darn, I was just going to discuss one.

Look at the sticky near the top of this forum.

Please everybody, wrap your mind around the new concept that Karak is not to be considered Kara. So, as far as we are concerned at this point in time, Karak's posts are not Kara's posts. We have no official confirmation that Kara posts anywhere.

I wonder if the Chamber of Commerce there would have information on the Park and Ride situation for various things?

Would they have one going to that Pirate festival in the neighboring town?

There wasn't an organized ride from the park and ride to Westport's Pirate Days...but anyone could have parked there and walked over to catch the bus. The park and ride is regularly used as overflow parking for the city park, which has various softball games/practices going on all the time...some even late enough to need the lights. It's possible there was a game or something that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herbstreit926