WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The LE was at the CB scene on Saturday 3/20/2010

Not sure if this is a RUMOR or a FACT (however, the informant is a family member) and we were told this first hand by them.

Was your informant able to tell if LE was spending time:
1. In the water
2. In the brush
3. In the house

??

LOL... I'm tenacious, and stubborn. I read that one of the friends of the person posting is a juvenile corrections officer for Chelan County so I did a FB search for "Chelan County" as a workplace, then started opening all of the female profiles and looking at the profiles and the info listed on them until I found the ONE that listed that job.

Then, I started opening all of the profiles of HER female friends.

It took me about an hour, but I found it. The "D" initial has a hypenated last name, if that helps.

ok....I know I am getting way out of control on this one but how do you do a FB search by employer?

ok....I know I am getting way out of control on this one but how do you do a FB search by employer?

When you're logged in to FB, go to the search box on the top of the page and type in "Chelan County." Hit enter.

On the results page, select "People." (Left side of page.)

Then, you should see a horizontal bar on top of the people list that says, "Filter by: [Location] [School] [Workplace]"

Type "Chelan County" again into the Workplace box and hit enter.

ETA: Neither the D nor K people are the person who is a juvenile corrections officer. However, D is a friend of the person who IS a juvenile corrections officer. Is this confusing enough? Sorry... That truly is how I found the pages, though!

When you're logged in to FB, go to the search box on the top of the page and type in "Chelan County." Hit enter.

On the results page, select "People." (Left side of page.)

Then, you should see a horizontal bar on top of the people list that says, "Filter by: [Location] [School] [Workplace]"

Type "Chelan County" again into the Workplace box and hit enter.

ETA: Neither the D nor K people are the person who is a juvenile corrections officer. However, D is a friend of the person who IS a juvenile corrections officer. Is this confusing enough? Sorry... That truly is how I found the pages, though!

Thanks! I found it! To those of you searching, start at the half way point ;)

hint...
Sonny Bono's FIRST wifes FIRST name + the 6th month
African American actor who played Nelson Mandela in Invictus (last name)
(hyphenated with) The DAYTONA 500 minus the second "A"

LE is not 100% positive MC was at the boat ramp .. no eyewitness, but then again, no one indicated they did not have video.

UNLESS .. LE knows it was MC at the ramp via the text messages because the messaging was more than just 'hey' and they want to keep that info close to the cuff?

Why would the perp ditch MC's car on PC, along with the apparent intent of hiding her body? Why not bury her? No time? Ground too hard?

The more I think on this ... I bet it's someone not even on the primary radar ... a SK ,, with no match on DNA nor prints.

moo moO mOO MOO

hint...
Sonny Bono's FIRST wifes FIRST name + the 6th month
African American actor who played Nelson Mandela in Invictus (last name)
(hyphenated with) The DAYTONA 500 minus the second "A"

Yes.. got it.. I found it MUCH easier to Google her name (as described above). It takes you right to her FB page..

Was your informant able to tell if LE was spending time:
1. In the water
2. In the brush
3. In the house

??

Surprising since according to the CB locals, there has been very little LE sightings there or in the CB area. Especially this past week.

Quick transcription of the KOZI podcast:

Doug Jones, spokesman for the MC Task Force.

What is the latest?

We are continuing to get tips and following those up. Wait for items back from the lab from the crime scenes at Crescent bar and Pitcher canyon.

Haven't gotten any complete (forensic) results yet that point to anyone.

Waiting for tips to come in that will give us something to really go after in this case. We chase down all leads.

We are going through the process of elimination starting with Mackenzie and who she knows and moving out from there. Interviewing and reinterviewing people and making lots of process there.

When there's no obvious subject that comes forward through an immediate eye-witness or immediate evidence, then it's possible that we're into the long-term as far as associates, interviews, finding out who was in the area, looking at the stranger theory--who was in the area. We're into the nitty gritty of real intensive investigation.

At what point does this become a cold case?

We're a long way from that. We're still looking at viable leads.

What about the boat dock and the phone?

She wasn't actually seen at the boat docks. We believe that she was there, but no eye-witnesses. 3:24 - text to boyfriend.

Effect of Wenatchee World releasing the cause of death--will it harm the investigation?

We don't know if it will hamper the investigation... having that knowledge in our toolbox would help with our investigation if we had an interview with a suspect or someone else of interest... Having that information removed from our toolbox, it certainly could impact the investigation.

TY for the transcript. :)

3:24 - Is this a different time for the cell phone text from/to the bf? If so, this changes the time line significantly.

JMHO

Yes.. got it.. I found it MUCH easier to Google her name (as described above). It takes you right to her FB page..

I wonder how K from Tacoma got a hold on this apparent "insight" on the case... I see she works at the hospital there... too strange..

What does "Transport Hold" mean in the jail roster for an inmate?

If I'm not mistaken, I think someone previously posted that JF had lawyered up. IF that rumor is true, I'm fairly certain that most lawyers do not allow their clients to take polygraphs.

Any legal eagles here, that can confirm the bolded part?

About 99% unlikely that any lawyer would allow their client to take a police requested polygraph or have any contact with police whatsoever--unless the client has agreed to help LE as a witness only.

What does "Transport Hold" mean in the jail roster for an inmate?

It means that that inmate is going to be transported to another jurisdiction (county or state). Therefor, the jail will not release that inmate ("hold").

Just noticed that CLF on the current Chelan County jail roster shows up in other Websleuth threads when Googled. What the heck?

ETA: News threads as well, not so sure the age matches? Bizarre.

Just noticed that CLF on the current Chelan County jail roster shows up in other Websleuth threads when Googled. What the heck?

ETA: News threads as well, not so sure the age matches? Bizarre.

That is weird. He is the one I was asking about for the "Transport Hold".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xhononibb