WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been down that road but found no connection. Ted Bundy's grandfather, Sam Cowell was also rumored to be his father, IIRC. However; they were not in WA state at that time.

I think most of us don't believe the SK thing due to the "hands on" mode of homicide........plus it appears to be very personal, especially with the bag over the head. However; we all could be wrong! speculation

Hi, I wondered about the bag, if it would show remorse as it does when a killer re-dresses his victim.

Ditto!! One thing I cannot get over...I have still to this day, seen, ONE, 1, poster for MC asking for tips. I do not understand why the family does not see that the posters are EVERYWHERE!!! It would Not hurt the case!!! I have posted this tought I think, 3rd time now, and NO ONE repsonds?? So just get used to me reposting this thought until at least someone responds to this aweful feeling I have. If I was told to keep quiet, I would still post posters everywhere, for information, if it were my child...

I believe it’s odd, too. But I keep thinking there must be a reason for the family’s total silence. Hopefully it’s a good one.

Also, does anyone else think it’s significant that LE portends they have no suspects yet they have not gone public with a description of a possible perp?

It seems that whenever LE (generally speaking) doesn’t have a good suspect in mind, they normally go public with some kind of a description of who they’re looking for.

You can't blame them, this is a MURDER of a young girl, and prickly brush is ok to omit?

LE went through quite a lot of that nasty brush. I'm just saying I empathize with LE if they are reluctant to go through every inch of it on the remote chance of finding something that may or may not be of any significance.

Ditto!! One thing I cannot get over...I have still to this day, seen, ONE, 1, poster for MC asking for tips. I do not understand why the family does not see that the posters are EVERYWHERE!!! It would Not hurt the case!!! I have posted this tought I think, 3rd time now, and NO ONE repsonds?? So just get used to me reposting this thought until at least someone responds to this aweful feeling I have. If I was told to keep quiet, I would still post posters everywhere, for information, if it were my child...

I agree that it would be nice to see them everwhere. But there have been several locations that I have seen them, however they are somewhat discreet. Not sure if it's because of the size or lack of bright colors or what, but they are out there. Who ever has distributed them, thank you. I would want my child's picture posted everywhere, if nothing else, just so she and her mysterious death would be fresh in everyone's minds. Time for bed...need to say some prayers for that sweet girl. My heart hurts today for her more than it has in a few days. ~ Praying for justice for you Mac ~

I believe it’s odd, too. But I keep thinking there must be a reason for the family’s total silence. Hopefully it’s a good one.

Also, does anyone else think it’s significant that LE portends they have no suspects yet they have not gone public with a description of a possible perp?

It seems that whenever LE (generally speaking) doesn’t have a good suspect in mind, they normally go public with some kind of a description of who they’re looking for.
By description do you mean profile? I agree with you and it might mean they don't need the public's help on that. Just sayin'.

They did however ask if anyone saw a person walking down either road in the area where the car was found. They must not have a grip on the person who left it there or else need more confirmation about that person. IMO

Ok, time for some more reservoir level info - skip to the next post if you like, but I still think the attachments/downloads are sweet, no matter where you believe the body was found.

For the rest, let's start on attachment #1 -- Reservoir Levels AFTER MC's Body Was Discovered

It appears LE allowed, (as in didn't ask them not to), Rock Island Dam to continue to release "surges" downriver that would have covered the area where a body, (with feet in the river), was found. (See attachment #1).

The Weekend MC was found:
There was significant amounts of water released on the Saturday evening after the body was found and there were also two events on Sunday that likely increased the water level at CB to cover where a body was found IF the feet had been in the reservoir/river "water".

Power generation on the weekends doesn't appear to fit any kind of "normal" pattern so it is difficult to guess if they attempted to change their operations on account of a request from LE -- so let's continue on to the weekdays.

Monday:
Monday morning looks to be a fairly "normal" operational day for Rock Island Dam. There really isn't a "normal" per-say, but Rock Island Dam did start releasing large amounts of water at 6 AM increasing until around 11 AM with a water level that was 3 feet higher than the level at CB when MC's body was found. Not all of those 3 feet would be felt down at Crescent Bar but at least a foot would be, (probably more as elevations at Wanapum Dam, 22 miles south of CB, increased 2 feet during Rock Islands morning water releases). (See attachment #1)

Tuesday:
Tuesday was another "normal" type day although Rock Island's morning activities was about a foot less than Monday's. Tuesday night also had a significant water release that was over 3 feet higher than the level at CB when MC's body was found.

Wednesday, Thursday:
Both Wednesday and Thursday left the CB area under many feet of water compared to the time MC's body was discovered.

Other side of the coin:
Trying to look at this the other way, Monday and Tuesday levels were less than Wednesday and Thursday, (possibly this could signify the end of the investigation at CB - at least of the shoreline). I don't think it did. Even if the dams had adjusted their water releases through Tuesday, those dam releases still would have created higher water levels at the CB property than the level water was when MC was found. Therefore, I think these variations are just part of the "normal" operations. Although ... ... ... I only have one other block of days to compare it to - the reservoir levels during the time MC was missing. See attachment #2 - although quite possibly worthless for the case, especially with del rio's recent pics showing an additional clearing next to the stream, I like to think of attachment #2 as my baby :blushing:

Attachment #2: Reservoir Levels While MC Was Missing

During the week MC was missing, Rock Island Dam created a significant amount of water on Tuesday, (at least the part that I have graphed), and on Wednesday. On Thursday the activity was less. And on Friday the activity was significantly less then Tuesday or Wednesday - Yet this would be called a "normal" operational "pattern" -- LOL... not really. The only thing I think is a consistent "pattern" is weekend fluctuations are generally less. There is much more information you could pull from the data, but I'm no longer sure what use it would be, anyone else see something?

ETA: Another thing about whether or not Rock Island Dam changed it's operations during the investigation: If we compare the max elevation "surge" levels for Rock Island Dam during the two weekdays BEFORE the body was found to the two weekdays AFTER the body was found, we find similar max heights. {BEFORE; Thursday - 571.51 and Friday - 571.46 vs. AFTER; Monday - 571.14 and Tuesday 571.2}

Conclusions to the RUMOR of feet in river/reservoir "water":

Rock Island Dam released water that would have covered where the body was very likely Saturday evening/night during two different "surges", and possibly twice on Sunday. Monday it appears most definitely to have been covered. So, IMO, the RUMOR of feet in reservoir water appears to be much less likely, because LE wouldn't have wanted that to occur. Again that is In My Opinion - feel free to check out the data and make your own decisions.

ETA: Attachments appear to have shrunk so here are some download links.
Here's attachment #1 - Reservoir Levels AFTER MC's Body Was Discovered.
Here's Attachment #2 - Reservoir Levels While MC Was Missing
I also have Excel files for these charts, if anyone is interested let me know.

Attachments

• After.body.found.water.level.jpg
    After.body.found.water.level.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 15
  • Water.Levels.While.MC.Missing.jpg
    Water.Levels.While.MC.Missing.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 19
To keep the clutter down, I've moved my "sidenotes" to another post.

Sidenote: If LE wanted to keep the exact location of the body a mystery, (which I believe they do), they should have asked Rock Island Dam not to throw water where they want the public to believe the body was found.

Second Sidenote: I'm wondering about pufnstuf's contact that claims to have first hand knowledge. How did this person contact you puf? Could it be a member of LE that wants to continue to have the public believe it was reservoir "water" the feet were in?

It sounds like LE continue to believe keeping the details of this case secret is gonna be what solves it. So, how hard would they attempt to keep those details secret?

So, how hard would they attempt to keep those details secret?

I wonder if any LE officer ever shares inside information, with a friend, who shares it with another friend? And, of course the info gets repeated again, and again. Those secret details maybe common rumors, in town???

By description do you mean profile? I agree with you and it might mean they don't need the public's help on that. Just sayin'.

They did however ask if anyone saw a person walking down either road in the area where the car was found. They must not have a grip on the person who left it there or else need more confirmation about that person. IMO

I SPECULATE LE/prosecutor made that public request because they knew the perps did not walk out of PC. The purpose of this request was to prevent the defense attorneys from using that theory to put reasonable doubt in the minds of the jury. The same rationale applies to LE's belated search of the Orondo Street boat launch (LE did not expect nor hope to find any evidence there).

To be clear, this is merely my OPINION.

Is anyone knowledgeable or familiar with "Unique Wells?"

Is anyone knowledgeable or familiar with "Unique Wells?"

Not knowledgeable by any means. Water wells are assigned a unique code. The code is printed on a weather resistant tag and attached to a wellhead or pump house for identification. Is there a well or pump house in crescent bar? Do they use such info. on irrigation pump houses?

Gah! It's way too late to start in on a new topic to keep my brain up all night. My honey has some irrigation connections. Anything I should ask about, in particular?
Good night, all. :D

Yesterday, I discovered additional clearing(s) in the brushy-area. The clearing(s) are next to the stream approximately 20 to 30 feet up-stream from the old telephone pole. The clearing(s) support Alt's favorite theory regarding the location of MC's body.

It was nearly impossible to get clear unobstructed photos of the clearing(s). Nonetheless, here goes:

Photo NUMBER 910:

If I take my winnings and leave the table early, will you think less of me?

Thanks for pushing back in there and checking it out, Del Rio. I had a feeling.

So maybe the suspect(s) attempted the river disposal first, found the surge waves Tuesday would never allow it and they didn't have the energy, (or likely even the shoreline), to move the body up the bay to the deeper current? Giving up, they just dragged the body back up the stream as far as they could?

This seems plausible -- but also leaves open the possibility that they wanted the body hidden in that spot until returning by boat to move the body down past CB and sinking it. Didn't I say something like that on my very first post?

Thanks again for the bush work!

=================
Ok, just thought of something else.

I noticed your earlier diagram included an approach to this new clearing from above, (the diagram sort of gave away this evenings surprise clearing pictures, by the way). So which direction do you think the body was taken into this place from; Up the stream? From above? Or from duck blind clearing?

(THIS IS ALL SPECULATION AND MOO).

From above might lean toward a suspect that wouldn't try to muscle there way in there, (a person that would first find the spot and then find the easiest way to get in there from -- knowing they wouldn't have the strength to take the body back out of there if it turned out to be too visible) A woman or fragile man, perhaps?

From below might lean toward a suspect that was stronger, and possibly stupider. A man or stupidly strong woman perhaps? Also someone who might have tried getting the body out in the current first and then got frustrated and just gave up, dragging the body back up the stream in the failed attempt at hiding it.

From duck blind, your choice? Although suspect attempting river disposal first could also have come back up through the duck blind area and veered towards the stream and up into the heavy brush.

Also, how much of that would have been possible without getting scratches? Would jeans and a Carhart jacket be enough to avoid stickers? If they did come equipped not to get scratched up, points toward premeditation and knowledge of CB property, IMO. (Although, now that I think about it, I keep all the things necessary to walk through a blackberry bush in my trunk - well not the boots). That would mean not going there in MC's car, maybe?

IMO, MOO and SPECULATION, all of it... every last jot and tiddle

Here's the second gremlin / gargoyle. I think he's riding a broken Harley or Indian?

Interesting .. great shots, del. The red lichen shot is a fantastic, unique image as I've not seen 'wet' red lichen pix in the 'wild' (not 'wild' as in nature, but in the 'wild' photography world).

Is that sodium deposit along the bank in the forefront?
Is that a stain? It appears a similar brownish-red tint of dried blood. Patter is odd, though. Vegetation imprint?

Attachments

• IMGP1564_stain_sodium.png
    IMGP1564_stain_sodium.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 80
Oh. Em. Gee.

You're making me laugh out loud... no, really. I mean, I'm laughing ha ha laughing. :D

Del, I don't figure you to be the kind of guy who rides around in your wife beaters and camo shorts, listening to Ozzy and drinking a cool delicious.

Please tell me that you don't have a garter hanging from your rear view mirror...and that you don't use patchouli oil for cologne.

:p

so, uhmm, what's wrong with riding around ... ?

Thanks for the clarification. I did read that in the link previously provided -- regarding "Grotesque."

Here is another excerpt that may further clarify:

A grotesque figure is a sculpture that does not work as a waterspout and serves only an ornamental or artistic function. These are also usually called gargoyles in layman's terminology,[2] although the field of architecture usually preserves the distinction between gargoyles (functional waterspouts) and non-waterspout grotesques.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gargoyle

Might I say that I am a grotesque gargoyle .. that I am ugly as sin and spew forth every drinking weekend ...

Yesterday, I discovered additional clearing(s) in the brushy-area. The clearing(s) are next to the stream approximately 20 to 30 feet up-stream from the old telephone pole. The clearing(s) support Alt's favorite theory regarding the location of MC's body.

It was nearly impossible to get clear unobstructed photos of the clearing(s). Nonetheless, here goes:

Photo NUMBER 910:

That clearing appears similar to the result of when deer tamp grasses to make a sleep pad.

What are the cubic dimensions of the clearings? Large enough for one, two persons? Perhaps for hiding and observing bikinis? Just throwing stuff out there ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SouthEnd