WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
oh dear silly me......have just noticed that the thread has been updated to Arrest Made......

will have to look closer next time...

THE BASEMENT:

A dudes house where his mom is nice enough to let them have rock shows now and then since there is no longer a suitable or open public place in Wenatchee.

I know the family who owns the house that The Basement is operated in... they are good people and have nothing to do with CW other than letting his band play a show there.

I talked to the guy who helps organize the shows today, he stated that there haven't been any shows for awhile and most likely wont again any time soon. The mom is getting too old for all the noise.

He also stated that they are remiss to have ever let CW play shows there even though nobody had any idea that he was capable of such a terrible thing. He feels guilty because he feels like he put all his female friends in danger by letting someone like that into The Basement.

Looked at the parking lot video again. The car I thought was a black VW Golf III could be a 1999 Black Volkswagen Jetta. On YouTube, top of video, parked against the building just to the left of the first telephone pole. Someone in black is moving around by the drivers window and MC appears to look to her left.

it'll be interesting to see if he went to that car after exiting school

I don't exactly see a person moving around - just what appears to be a black blob and I can't tell if it's just reflections/shadows (my imagination sees a head with black hair though lol)

I'm so thankful that it looks like Mac will finally get some justice

On the wenatchee craigslist, the rants and raves column has a bunch of folks spouting off about Chris Wilson. gossip

I agree, there still are so many unanswered questions. We still don't know why she left early and where she was planning to go. What I can't connect is how she met up with this guy that particular day?? My brain tells me she must have planned to meet with him, but it doesn't make sense since they weren't really friends. But he couldn't have abducted her in the middle of town. Puzzling to me :waitasec:

Maybe she was giving him a ride someplace????? :waitasec:

There has been more blood found in the suspect's second apartment according to the news source below.

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/oct/08/investigators-turn-up-more-blood-at-cowell/
http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/oct/08/friends-describe-wilson-as-funny-compassionate/

Christopher Scott Wilson was described by friends and co-workers Thursday as a funny, quiet and caring person who supported friends in crisis.

“He’s not this dark, sinister character like he’s being portrayed to be,” said Danika Steven of Seattle and a former Wenatchee resident. “He is not a gothic blood monster.”

Steven said she met Wilson in 2000 when both were students at Wenatchee Valley College, and she has remained friends with him.

Wilson, 29, of Wenatchee, was arrested Wednesday morning on suspicion of second-degree murder in the death of Mackenzie Cowell.

“To me, it is clearly out of his character and his nature to do something like that,” Steven said. “He is different. He goes to beauty school. He is 29 years old. He is an ideal candidate to be framed.”

She also said that Wilson is “an artist. He writes beautiful music, very encouraging and positive.”

Heather Miller, another student at the academy, described Wilson as “a very quiet man,” who is “funny and he seemed compassionate, the Chris I know.” She said he was well liked at the hair academy. “He had a good personality. He was always willing to help someone.”

Miller said she has been “numb” since hearing of Wilson’s arrest.

“It’s hard for me because Mackenzie was in my class and we were like a family here, so I so wanted that person (who killed Cowell) to be dead, and now that it’s turned into this, I can’t just turn my feelings off. I’m mad but I still care about him.”

Peggy Strozyk, the academy director, called Wilson “very professional, very intelligent, very respectful and he seemed serious about his education.” She added that “he was never one to get involved in conflicts or drama, so he stayed pretty neutral in situations that I knew of.”

More...

On the wenatchee craigslist, the rants and raves column has a bunch of folks spouting off about Chris Wilson. gossip

Readers can't be sure if the Craigslist discussion is rumors or facts. Time will tell...

"“He told us, and his parents told us, that when his parents would go out of town, he would stay in the basement of the salon, and would answer phone calls at the salon and clean up the salon when the stylists went home.”"

Sorry if it's already been brought up.

Would be interesting to know if his family was out of town, or away from the apartment for an amount of time, during the time that Mackenzie disappeared. I'm sure LE already knows this info, but IMO, it would be very telling based on the above quotation.

I do wonder if Mackenzie went directly to his apartment after leaving the Academy and then he later transported her to the salon under the cover of darkness and after hours. Perhaps his family was out of town at the time and it was a place he was certain no one wold go to. I wonder if he had roommates at his apartment and that's why he had to move her in the first place? Just trying to come up with a reason they might find blood in both locations. I suggest the apartment first, because it seems unlikely he'd do a crime like this under a hair salon.

I do wonder if Mackenzie went directly to his apartment after leaving the Academy and then he later transported her to the salon under the cover of darkness and after hours. Perhaps his family was out of town at the time and it was a place he was certain no one wold go to. I wonder if he had roommates at his apartment and that's why he had to move her in the first place? Just trying to come up with a reason they might find blood in both locations. I suggest the apartment first, because it seems unlikely he'd do a crime like this under a hair salon.

That is what I am thinking now also. There is no way he could go to the salon location without being seen during the daytime. It does seem strange having blood in both locations though. After months of what seemed like no evidence, there appears to be plenty now to convict him if the blood is indeed hers. I can't imagine it being from anyone else though since it is in both locations where he was known to have lived at the time of her murder.

A person would be less noticed, walking into a large apartment building, than the downstairs/basement of a salon.

There is a large parking lot at the apartment building, where more than residents park. A different car in the parking lot would likely go unnoticed, too.

Perhaps, after dark, someone moved items with DNA on them, from one building to another.

In the later part of the article, referenced ,above, they mention a black Volkswagen Jetta that belonged to Mr.Wilson's Mother, but which he had access to. He had the use of two cars, Macs and Mom's and two apts. It seems there are many places dna and other evidence may have been left and many opportunities for witness observations. I was glad to read that several people who knew him wrote to the task force with important information. That took courage. because the car was sold last April, Our guys have it back now and it's going to the crime lab.

I believe this case is far from a done deal and that the hardest part of the work is just getting starting.

The one thing that really stood out to me on Chris Wilson's social networking sites;Facebook, and both Myspace, is that most of his photos are of himself. What if, I thought, he has a narcissistic personality disorder and Mackenzie unwittingly did or said something to trigger his issues resulting in Rage?
httge.htmlp://www.buzzle.com/articles/narcissistic-rage.html
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/narcissistic-rage.html

Goodness, blood at two places he was staying or living? If that is Mackenzie's blood, I'm thinking he did this on his own.

It is hard to think what happened, after reading his co-worker's comments in the article posted above. Sounds like the last person to commit what seems to have been an out-of-control rage killing. I guess there is no specific sort of person, which is the scariest part. Society likes to think you can kind of tell...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back