WA WA - Mark Jay Hess, 46, Ferndale, 8 July 2002

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

sasha17

Curiouser & curiouser
Reaction score
Mark was last seen by his parents on July 8, 2002 at his residence in Ferndale, WA. He has sandy hair and blue eyes. He is 6'1" and 175 pounds.

Original

NamUs lists ruleouts:
UP14360
UP6278
UP11248
UP10908
UP6637
UP14518

NamUs #MP36253 - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Mark Jay Hess – The Charley Project

hess_mark.jpg

• Missing Since: 07/08/2002
  • Missing From: Ferndale, Washington
  • Classification: Endangered Missing
  • Sex: Male
  • Race: White
  • Date of Birth: 04/04/1956 (64)
  • Height and Weight: 6'1, 175 pounds
  • Medical Conditions: Hess is classified as disabled for unspecified reasons.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Graying sandy hair, blue eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Hess was last seen at his residence in Ferndale, Washington on July 8, 2002. He has never been heard from again. Few details are available in his case.

Investigating Agency
  • Ferndale Police Department 360-384-3390
Source Information

So I combed the internet on this one, found the likely names of his parents.

Cannot find current information on him or his parents. Online records say he "moved from" his home in Bellingham in 2007, so that is odd. And his last address was listed as being in Redmond AFTER that. ‍♀️

Also cannot find where anyone is looking for this guy.

I wonder if these recently found skeletal remains in Ferndale are Mark's?

"Human remains found Monday along the Nooksack River in Ferndale could be the skeleton of a man who went missing about 20 years ago. Riley Sweeney, spokesman for the city of Ferndale, said the man’s identity had not been confirmed Wednesday, Nov. 23. “However, based on evidence gathered at the scene it appears that the remains may be related to a missing person case from the early 2000s,” Sweeney told The Bellingham Herald in an email."

I wonder if these recently found skeletal remains in Ferndale are Mark's?

"Human remains found Monday along the Nooksack River in Ferndale could be the skeleton of a man who went missing about 20 years ago. Riley Sweeney, spokesman for the city of Ferndale, said the man’s identity had not been confirmed Wednesday, Nov. 23. “However, based on evidence gathered at the scene it appears that the remains may be related to a missing person case from the early 2000s,” Sweeney told The Bellingham Herald in an email."

I am wondering also if it could be Mark. His NamUs profile was modified today, 12/7/22.
The only ruleouts listed are from VA.
I have noticed that when some missing people are found and identified, their NamUs profile is still active and usually shows as being modified. (but not always closed right away) This could be the case here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar
Back