Recovered/Located WA - Missing woman, 28, located 2 hours later with no memory of what happened

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

sasha17

Curiouser & curiouser
Reaction score
"One minute, she was standing on the porch of an Edmonds [Washington] home. Two hours later, she woke up in a field near a gas station 2 miles away. She was barefoot and her body was covered in cuts and scrapes."

""The only thing the missing woman remembers for certain is waking up in a 'grass field' with a man kneeling next to her and a woman standing nearby," Edmonds police wrote in a bulletin. "She also remembers running off into a wooded area prior to finding her way to the gas station.""

U23vXX3.png

Mystery Surrounds Shoreline Woman's 2-Hour Disappearance

Edmonds Police on Twitter

I was just thinking "curiouser and curiouser" and then I saw your avatar.

Indeed.

Chloroform? I mean seriously, this is a tough one.

I don't know how chloroform works. Does it knock out one's memory like that? Such a bizarre story.

Here is a map from where she was last seen (the fiance's family's house) to where she was found by passersby (the gas station). If she had walked this route and didn't stop, it would take about 30 minutes. She was missing for about two hours total. If her memory of being in a grassy field is accurate, it looks like there are a couple of schools and churches in the area with fields.

Google Map: Google Maps

Let's hope that after a good night's sleep -- if possible for her -- she will be able to remember more. The "cuts and scrapes" part is disturbing -- was she just unfamiliar with the area (likely, esp. at night) or could she have been stumbling due to possibly being drugged?
I "walked" down some areas of the map that @sasha17 (and a big thank-you to sasha17!) gave us, and some of the road areas do not have a very good shoulder for someone walking, but if she took this walk at 12:20 am, it's no wonder. And did she even walk by the roadside? Just mysterious -- hoping for a quick resolution to this. I hope she is much better tomorrow and the next day and the next...

Grassy field beside Westgate Elementary, a few blocks west of the blue-dot path.

Also Sherwood which is closer to where she was found. There also seem to be woods nearby.

Edmonds is heavily populated though I'm not sure how busy it would have been that time on a Sunday; Seattle area tends to close up shop early.

I wish LE would release more information. Was the woman drinking/on some medication where she could have had a memory loss event from that? Did she have some pre-existing mental health problems? Does LE think that she was abducted or that she wandered away on her own? Possible abduction would really be scary for the surrounding neighborhoods but if LE thinks it could be related to substance use or mental illness, then there would be no concern for the safety of other people in the neighborhoods. The press release doesn't really say whether they think there's an ongoing community safety issue or not.

My first thought was a car accident. A hit and run. Maybe she was hit & the force threw her into the grassy field. Her sandals could have flown off because of that, too.

Trauma victims often have no memory of the time prior to impact. Finding those shoes would help clear this up. If it happened the way I'm envisioning, there would be evidence at the impact site.

My first thought was a car accident. A hit and run. Maybe she was hit & the force threw her into the grassy field. Her sandals could have flown off because of that, too.

Trauma victims often have no memory of the time prior to impact. Finding those shoes would help clear this up. If it happened the way I'm envisioning, there would be evidence at the impact site.

Very true. I hope she's checked for internal injuries. Really strange case.

Good theory -- I wonder if her injuries could somehow show it was a car accident -- is that possible? I hope so...:cool:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malik562
Back