WA WA - Oakley Carlson, 5, missing during welfare check, Oakville, 10 Feb 2021 *mom guilty, identity theft*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Still what was the Hell was the judge thinking. No excuse. MOO

There are a lot of people involved. Many of these Social Workers do fight for the children but they must follow the law. The parents have lawyers who pick apart anything the State (DCYF CPS SOCIAL WORKER GAL CASA CHILD LAWYER COUNSELOR) tries to do. Ultimately it is the JUDGE who has the final say and it is the judge who is responsible. The Judge hears all sides and makes the final decision.

ETA: And the people who know more about the case than anyone is undoubtedly the foster parents. They see everything. But foster parents are not listened to. They tell you you can speak up in court and have a voice, but if you speak out against reunification you are always considered to be biased against the parents.

Last edited:
Does anyone know, from a legal standpoint, what will happen if they can't find a body? LE has until 1pm tomorrow to produce more evidence to charge them with manslaughter. If they don't have it, will the parents be released? Then what?

The parents are still not talking. So IMHO this means one of two things. She is deceased or they sold her. What else could there be?

Does anyone know, from a legal standpoint, what will happen if they can't find a body? LE has until 1pm tomorrow to produce more evidence to charge them with manslaughter. If they don't have it, will the parents be released? Then what?

The parents are still not talking. So IMHO this means one of two things. She is deceased or they sold her. What else could there be?
I think the fire in the house has something to do with her disappearance. JMO And I wonder if the other children can be legally questioned?

There are a lot of people involved. Many of these Social Workers do fight for the children but they must follow the law. The parents have lawyers who pick apart anything the State (DCYF CPS SOCIAL WORKER GAL CASA CHILD LAWYER COUNSELOR) tries to do. Ultimately it is the JUDGE who has the final say and it is the judge who is responsible. The Judge hears all sides and makes the final decision.

ETA: And the people who know more about the case than anyone is undoubtedly the foster parents. They see everything. But foster parents are not listened to. They tell you you can speak up in court and have a voice, but if you speak out against reunification you are always considered to be biased against the parents.
Why no follow up by CPS after the child is placed back with this dynamic Duo? Where is the child's high priced lawyer?

Why no follow up by CPS after the child is placed back with this dynamic Duo? Where is the child's high priced lawyer?

Most cannot afford a lawyer and are appointed one by the court. These lawyers are not invested in the welfare of the children whatsoever. They are only there to fight for the parents rights. With my last foster, who was returned home, they could only check on him for 6 months. I'm not sure if this time period is the law or case specific. It's not an open-ended thing that DCYF has the right to do forever, as that might be considered harassment.

ETA: I looked at the specific rules. Each case is different, but there is usually what is considered a TRH or Temporary Return Home where the child is returned home and checked on monthly for up to 6 months. If everything is going as planned, the state closes the case. If the parents are not following the plan, then they are offered services to help them follow the plan and the TRH can be extended, but only if a judge approves.

Last edited:
I agree with @Hexe I think they were probably cooking in the house and little Oakley died of the fumes. It may have been a day or two before the parents even noticed and the fire was to get rid of the drugs and evidence. MOO

The only way to stop this from happening is to properly fund CPS in every state and set hard standards for if and/or when a child can be returned to a home and a follow up period at least as long as the amount of time it took to return the child to the family.

This is just a terrible situation. Extremely sad.

At least the other children are out of that home. If nothing else, the indelible memory little Oakley left on her neighbor may have saved her siblings lives or given them a better shot at a good life.

I wonder when she was last seen by a reliable witness?
I wonder what the worrisome news the foster parents reported in January of 2021?
These cases are just awful.

I agree with @Hexe I think they were probably cooking in the house and little Oakley died of the fumes. It may have been a day or two before the parents even noticed and the fire was to get rid of the drugs and evidence. MOO

The only way to stop this from happening is to properly fund CPS in every state and set hard standards for if and/or when a child can be returned to a home and a follow up period at least as long as the amount of time it took to return the child to the family.

It's not a funding issue. They have plenty of funds. It's the laws and legislation that need to change.

There are very very specific laws stating what DCYF (CPS) can and cannot do in each state. They can only do so much. Not to say that DCYF always does what's right or the best for these children, but they have to gather evidence/proof and present the case to the court. Again, a Judge is the one who has the final say in the disposition of every single case. They do not just automatically agree with DCYF. That's not how it works. The parents are also appointed a lawyer and their only purpose or concern is fighting for the parents' rights. And many are downright ruthless with zero concern for these children. Without knowing specifics of this case, don't always assume that it was DCYF/CPS who dropped the ball. It could be, but the judge and parents lawyers have a lot to do with it.

Most cannot afford a lawyer and are appointed one by the court. These lawyers are not invested in the welfare of the children whatsoever. They are only there to fight for the parents rights. With my last foster, who was returned home, they could only check on him for 6 months. I'm not sure if this time period is the law or case specific. It's not an open-ended thing that DCYF has the right to do forever, as that might be considered harassment.

ETA: I looked at the specific rules. Each case is different, but there is usually what is considered a TRH or Temporary Return Home where the child is returned home and checked on monthly for up to 6 months. If everything is going as planned, the state closes the case. If the parents are not following the plan, then they are offered services to help them follow the plan, and the TRH can be extended, but only if a judge approves.
Harassment too bad. Cases like this should never be closed. Always some excuse or another. There's not enough $$$, not enough foster,or adoptive parents, blah,blah,blah. We couldn't recognize signs of starvation ala Shayne Abegg case. Excuses,Excuses,Excuses. Where have these excuses gotten Oakley Carlson? Where are her rights in all this?

It's not a funding issue. They have plenty of funds. It's the laws and legislation that need to change.
They always magically have fund$$$$ Galore when it comes payouts $$$$93 Million in the Braden,and Charlie Powell Case, 6 Million in the Shayne Abegg Case. Oh and $$$$$ funds for lawyers for DNA Donors. SMH.

Harassment too bad. Cases like this should never be closed. Always some excuse or another. There's not enough $$$, not enough foster,or adoptive parents, blah,blah,blah. We couldn't recognize signs of starvation ala Shayne Abegg case. Excuses,Excuses,Excuses. Where have these excuses gotten Oakley Carlson? Where are her rights in all this?
I couldn't agree more. As a foster parent this case stabs me in the heart. It is every foster parents worst fear when children are returned home. Laws need to change to actually protect these children. People need to get involved and understand the law and make changes happen. The State is never held accountable. And foster parents need to be listened to. REALLY listened to. The judge, caseworkers, lawyers, GAL, counselors and everyone involved does not know the truth about what is going on more than the foster parents. The foster parents live it every single day. They know the trauma and damage done to these children by these parents, they know if a caseworker is doing their best for a child, they know if the parents are using, lying, manipulating and/or continuing to cause harm to these children, they know when a judge is being lazy or being manipulated. These other people don't KNOW these children and the everyday things going on and these children are just another number on their caseload. That's the sad reality :(

Where is Oakley Carlson? Search amps up for missing 5-year-old as parents remain uncooperative

The mystery of it all was made worse with investigators now looking into a fire that happened at the couple’s home in mid-November. A ******** account was set up by a friend of the couple, showing the damage to the home. It explained the parents didn’t call 911 because they couldn’t find their phones.

"It’s unusual that a fire department wasn’t called, I would say," Johansson said.

But Jamie Jo did call the Department of Children Youth and Families (DCYF) right before Thanksgiving to express concerns about Oakley when she saw the ******** account. The account is no longer active.

"If no one has seen her, what could have happened to her? Was it the fire? Was it something else,"
Jamie Jo asked.

The foster parents say they called DCYF not just last month, but in January of 2021 when they became suspicious after getting some news about Oakley.
Why did DCYF Ignore that????????????

There are very very specific laws stating what DCYF (CPS) can and cannot do in each state. They can only do so much. Not to say that DCYF always does what's right or the best for these children, but they have to gather evidence/proof and present the case to the court. Again, a Judge is the one who has the final say in the disposition of every single case. They do not just automatically agree with DCYF. That's not how it works. The parents are also appointed a lawyer and their only purpose or concern is fighting for the parents' rights. And many are downright ruthless with zero concern for these children. Without knowing specifics of this case, don't always assume that it was DCYF/CPS who dropped the ball. It could be, but the judge and parents lawyers have a lot to do with it.

I do wonder if the individual children should be assigned their own attorney. The law assumes that the State is the childs attorney, but that's not ever really the case.

I do wonder if the individual children should be assigned their own attorney. The law assumes that the State is the childs attorney, but that's not ever really the case.

They are often assigned their own attorney. I don't know if Oakley had one but possibly so. And you're right...the State is not the childs attorney.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eyefoundation798
Back