WA WA - Patricia Kay Ereth Rodriguez, 33, Yakima, February 6, 1983

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

victoriarobinson642

Reaction score
NAMUS:
-
Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 10.15.48 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-06-04 at 11.18.40 PM.png
Photos from Plentywood High School's 1964 & 1965 yearbooks
W/F
Black hair, brown eyes
5"8
130 lbs
Missing from Yakima, Washington
-
Circumstances of Disappearance - Patricia was last seen at the Peking Palace in Yakima after leaving to go to her office. Her vehicle was left at the Peking Palace. She had four children at home when she disappeared.

..... it makes sense now why it showed a patricia kay marrying a rodriguez. You'da thunk that NAMUS would have posted a picture of her. So ....she is reported missing on 6 feb 1983 per this NAMUS report and divorces Rodriguez on 14 Feb 1984.... curiouser and curiouser

Last edited:
If you look up The Peking Palace Restaurant, it looks like it closed about 6 years ago, if it's the same restaurant. A Mexican restaurant was at the location some time after that, and then another Mexican restaurant with seafood. I'm not sure what it is there today.

..... it makes sense now why it showed a patricia kay marrying a rodriguez. You'da thunk that NAMUS would have posted a picture of her. So ....she is reported missing on 6 feb 1983 per this NAMUS report and divorces Rodriguez on 14 Feb 1984.... curiouser and curiouser
Not curious at all. There was (not sure if still) "divorce in absentia". Which means one spouse could place a plea for divorce in the local paper. If the other alienated spouse did not object until a specific date, the divorce was finalized.

It was an easy way out for many husbands who murdered their wives, claimed "oh she just left" and then placing the divorce request, knowing the wife cannot reply.

I DO find it curious how it conveniently just over a year when reported missing. Was there some abandonment rule/law about divorcing if no contact for a year?

Not curious at all. There was (not sure if still) "divorce in absentia". Which means one spouse could place a plea for divorce in the local paper. If the other alienated spouse did not object until a specific date, the divorce was finalized.

It was an easy way out for many husbands who murdered their wives, claimed "oh she just left" and then placing the divorce request, knowing the wife cannot reply.

I DO find it curious how it conveniently just over a year when reported missing. Was there some abandonment rule/law about divorcing if no contact for a year?
In some places (e.g. modern Canada) "not having cohabited for one full year" is indeed a valid reason for divorce, although I don't know what the rules were in California.

If you look on Washington Digital Archives, you can find the divorce from Patricia’s first husband as well as the marriage to and divorce (showing no address for Patricia) from Mr. Rodriguez. Mr. Rodriguez appears to have passed away in California on 1988 (on findagrave). I used his full name and birthdate to match that up.
The first marriage had 3 children born to it and the second one had 0 - this is according to the divorce records found on Washington Digital Archives site. I am glad this beautiful lady has been identified. Rest in peace Patricia.

Her second husband sounds rather suspicious. Maybe he just wanted to move on, of course, too. Interestingly, her mother's obit lists her as deceased, but not with the last name Rodriguez. I wonder who last saw her at the restaurant and what the circumstances were. Or if it's just assumed that was the last place she went as her car was found there and she mentioned going there? Here's an article with more information on her identification- Missing mom IDâd 40 years after her body was found in the Columbia River in Tri-Cities

Last edited:
Here is Patricia’s Findagrave. Just a note: her final husband was her 3rd, not 2nd as I thought. Just clarifying my error. What a beautiful lady. I feel terrible for her children and her mom. I hope the family gets answers regarding her passing.
Patricia Kay Ereth Rodriguez (1949-1983) - Find a...
Hello, I am a niece of Patty’s. I was just talking with her eldest son about her. Doing a little internet searching I found this thread. There are many unanswered questions and her children have suffered a great deal of heartache. I’m somewhat amazed at the info this site has of her. I am wondering who contacted the authorities re her findagrave info. I would like to thank them. I don’t think anyone would know anything yet to date if bot for them instigating an investigation by Bill Leach. I hope more information can be gleaned re what truly happened to her and perhaps even finding her upper body remains. Thank you

Hello, I am a niece of Patty’s. I was just talking with her eldest son about her. Doing a little internet searching I found this thread. There are many unanswered questions and her children have suffered a great deal of heartache. I’m somewhat amazed at the info this site has of her. I am wondering who contacted the authorities re her findagrave info. I would like to thank them. I don’t think anyone would know anything yet to date if bot for them instigating an investigation by Bill Leach. I hope more information can be gleaned re what truly happened to her and perhaps even finding her upper body remains. Thank you
Hi! Glad to see you here and I am so sorry for what your family has been through.

The findagrave appears to have been added by the same person that posted the photos. You can click on the user ID there and if they accept messages, you can send that person a message. You probably need an account to that. It’s free.

There are so many questions that I have and am sure others do as well. Like was she at Peking Palace for lunch and then going back to work? I think I read she was going back to her office. Was she there with coworkers? Where was her office? Who found her car? Who reported her missing. And so many more questions. I do hope your family gets answers.

So heartbreaking. :(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dinkeydave
Back