Found Deceased WA - Ritchie Ambrose Collins, 58, North Cascades National Park, April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

doodles1211

Reaction score
Whatcom County Sheriff's Office

Ritchie Ambrose Collins was listed as missing on April 30th after National Park Service rangers reported that his vehicle had been parked at the Colonial Creek Campground for about two weeks. Deputies have searched miles of trails around the campground in the North Cascades National Park, but have not located him.

Ritchie is 58 years of age, 6'-1" tall and weighs 275 pounds. He has brown eyes and brown hair.

Anyone with information about his whereabouts is asked to contact Detective Ken Gates at 360-778-6613.

67605743_10156210871757187_6744098411437359104_n.jpg

This is my Dad I just found out he was missing, 35+ guns of his are missing or stolen. I went to the campground this weekend and after talking to detectives and rangers I believe my dads car was ditched there. I’ll answer any questions and help with what I have so far but I need a lot of help to find my dad PLEASE he’s a veteran. Served 23 years. Here’s an updated flier

Attachments

• 6B7E3E7C-6F02-4BE5-9007-F2961705A4F6.jpeg
    6B7E3E7C-6F02-4BE5-9007-F2961705A4F6.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 96
This is my Dad I just found out he was missing, 35+ guns of his are missing or stolen. I went to the campground this weekend and after talking to detectives and rangers I believe my dads car was ditched there. I’ll answer any questions and help with what I have so far but I need a lot of help to find my dad PLEASE he’s a veteran. Served 23 years. Here’s an updated flier
Welcome to Websleuths, @britney collins, although I'm sorry it is under such horrible circumstances. I'm sorry that your father is missing, and I hope he can be found soon.

I hope you will consider becoming a Verified Insider, so that you will be able to provide information without providing links:
Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

Last edited by a moderator:
Brittany - I'm fairly active in the gun community (sports, and shoot competition pistol). If you have a list of the missing weapons I'd be happy to check any private forums to see if someone is trying to sell them. My family is in Washington state. Grace.
Thank you for your help, I just sent my verification e-mail. Thank you so much for sharing my Dads links too. I hope I can answer questions soon and I’m glad this website verifies people. All I want is to find my Dad. I am so overwhelmed!
t

Brittany - I'm fairly active in the gun community (sports, and shoot competition pistol). If you have a list of the missing weapons I'd be happy to check any private forums to see if someone is trying to sell them. My family is in Washington state. Grace.

t
What a wonderful offer, @GraceG, and I hope @britney collins provides you with that list.

t

I will look at the lists I have so far and get back to you - thank you for your help!

Another warm welcome @britney collins, I've read up on your talented dad and hope you'll become verified so we may discuss your knowledge more freely here.
Who was last to see him, and where was that? Are there Bellingham PD reports on the missing guns?

I spoke with his neighbor yesterday, the last time she remembers seeing him was in the beginning of March, he had a small bag with him, leaving his home.

The only report Bellingham PD had was the missing person report but I told them everything I knew at the time and about his missing guns and they connected me with Whatcom County Detective Ken Gates but they are busy with another high profile case and will contact me at the end of Sept or in October.

Also to be a nit, that's actually a reservoir.

320 feet deep too. Fishing is supposed to be good there.
The Rangers I spoke to at the Newhalem Ranger station told me they searched a 7 mile radius, with cadaver dogs, a unit with border patrol helped and he said they searched diablo lake I think he said they dredged it or drained it.

oh my goodness, I'm sorry you are going through this Britney :( I was wondering if your dad was a big camper/outdoorsman. We NWers love our wilderness. Is it possible he sold his guns or maybe stashed them somewhere? It sounds like he possibly could have gone missing as early as March when the neighbor saw him. I wish I could be helpful here but am a few hours away from where he went missing.

I spoke with his neighbor yesterday, the last time she remembers seeing him was in the beginning of March, he had a small bag with him, leaving his home.

The only report Bellingham PD had was the missing person report but I told them everything I knew at the time and about his missing guns and they connected me with Whatcom County Detective Ken Gates but they are busy with another high profile case and will contact me at the end of Sept or in October.
Thanks for the updates, Britney.
More questions:
Did neighbor say if bag was for travel vs. a shopping bag? Has his mail been piling up, was home in disarray, does he have a computer & is it missing, was the bag the neighbor saw him with found in his car?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back