WA WA - Sky Metalwala, 2, Bellevue, 6 Nov 2011 - # 1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really torn on this one too, Surfie. It's so hard to say with limited info, but I'm playing devil's advocate for a minute... If JB is a victim of violent abuse, as she claims, she could be the victim of something bigger. Especially if this abuse escalated over time, the children were used as pawns, etc. I know those soundbytes don't sound good for her - but I wonder how I, myself would sound if I were a desperate terrified victim, and did not want to turn over custody of my children to someone I knew was a threat. I just don't know...

She recorded and uploaded those sound bytes for a reason (despite, it seems, for the fact that they don't make her sound that great), on a blog that was easily found by searching her full name. Why? Could she be leaving a trail of evidence, knowing something bad may happen to her? I'm really on the fence here: was she the abuser of the victim? I just don't want to point fingers yet. I keep thinking about how Grant Hayes made poor Laura Ackerson out to be a horrible psychotic, used the children as a pawn to get back at her, etc. And look what happened to her.... JMO, of course.

Again, a mother who says she lives in fear of her and her childrens' lives does not leave a two year old unattended in a car for two hours in a random neighbourhood.

If she feared for their lives, she would have them all on lockdown. They would almost never leave their home.

Uggghh those blog posts make me sick!!!!!!! why would she even post these? It makes her look terrible! Those poor children :(

I'm left to wondering if this was a set-up. It was Sunday morning. By a Bellevue church, one that he invited a customer to (still not sure if it was the same church), and she runs out of gas? But he knows he adores her daughter. I just don't know....

I apologize if i confused posters by mentioning that church. I mentioned it because it is so close to the intersection at 112th and NE 24th where her car with Sky inside was abandoned. That is the only significance of that church. There are about 5 churches within approximately a mile of the abandoned car.
I have not seen anything mentioned about what denomination the family is.

There is a barber shop behind the Chevron that has several Russian speaking women barbers. Someone mentioned she might be from a former eastern block
nationality. I have not seen any confirmation of that in print. So perhaps it is moot my even mentioning the barber shop. MOO

I'm really torn on this one too, Surfie. It's so hard to say with limited info, but I'm playing devil's advocate for a minute... If JB is a victim of violent abuse, as she claims, she could be the victim of something bigger. Especially if this abuse escalated over time, the children were used as pawns, etc. I know those soundbytes don't sound good for her - but I wonder how I, myself would sound if I were a desperate terrified victim, and did not want to turn over custody of my children to someone I knew was a threat. I just don't know...

She recorded and uploaded those sound bytes for a reason (despite, it seems, for the fact that they don't make her sound that great), on a blog that was easily found by searching her full name. Why? Could she be leaving a trail of evidence, knowing something bad may happen to her? I'm really on the fence here: was she the abuser of the victim? I just don't want to point fingers yet. I keep thinking about how Grant Hayes made poor Laura Ackerson out to be a horrible psychotic, used the children as a pawn to get back at her, etc. And look what happened to her.... JMO, of course.

Anything is possible with this woman at this point, however, as mentioned above, if you were that fearful and that cautious would you EVER leave the child alone again, much less in a car, in a public place and for an hour.

I am really starting to wonder if there is a boyfriend involved here somewhere/somehow.

ETA: "In December 2009, officers in nearby Redmond cited Biryukova and her husband, Solomon Metalwala, for reckless endangerment for leaving a child unattended in a vehicle. Details were not immediately available; police said they were working to redact an incident report for release under the state's public records act."

Video states LE "All over" moms apartment.

Read more: http://www.seattlepi.com/local/arti...-boy-had-been-cited-2256698.php#ixzz1d3Ms56xZ

I apologize if i confused posters by mentioning that church. I mentioned it because it is so close to the intersection at 112th and NE 24th where her car with Sky inside was abandoned. That is the only significance of that church. There are about 5 churches within approximately a mile of the abandoned car.
I have not seen anything mentioned about what denomination the family is.

There is a barber shop behind the Chevron that has several Russian speaking women barbers. Someone mentioned she might be from a former eastern block
nationality. I have not seen any confirmation of that in print. So perhaps it is moot my even mentioning the barber shop. MOO

She doesn't have an accent at all though.

I wonder how long mom has been in United States if she is Russian. Pretty sure she is. Could she possibly be planning to return and could only afford/or only wanted to take one child with her? It seems like she favors her daughter from pics.

I live 10 minutes from this area and have an extremely hard time believing that it took her that long to walk to the gas station. Also, it was a clear sunny morning that day, a bit cold, but we're used to that up here. There would have been joggers and bikers out, she would have run into someone with a phone. It's a nice neighborhood, people are friendly. I'm interested in hearing if anyone saw her walking that day.

Thanks for your reply.

I have a late model Honda CRV, and I went out there to try to get that to happen - only the driver's side door locked, the others open, and I don't think it can be done on my car. I can leave the driver's door UNlocked and select others unlocked, but if the driver's door is locked, the car is locked.

Hm.

I think you can do it if you override the remote and use only the key....and/or buttons inside the car. My remote battery has died and I have to use the key to unlock any doors or the hatchback. When I get out I have to use the button inside on the driver's side and hit it multiple times to lock all the doors. I can even do that and then have to use my key to unlock just the hatch to get groceries out and then have to use the key again to manually lock the hatch again. (PT Cruiser) HTH

I tried to type in her name and came back that my search was invalid.. do we have the correct spelling of the name???

This happened when I first put her name in this morning, before the names went public. The second time I entered her name, it came up. Odd.

I wonder how long mom has been in United States if she is Russian. Pretty sure she is. Could she possibly be planning to return and could only afford/or only wanted to take one child with her? It seems like she favors her daughter from pics.

I live 10 minutes from this area and have an extremely hard time believing that it took her that long to walk to the gas station. Also, it was a clear sunny morning that day, a bit cold, but we're used to that up here. There would have been joggers and bikers out, she would have run into someone with a phone. It's a nice neighborhood, people are friendly. I'm interested in hearing if anyone saw her walking that day.

her facebook states that she graduated from the local highschool fwiw and the last article I posted upstream says she has been with SM for 14 years...

Biryukova, Julia Valerie
Juvenile Respondent King Co Superior Ct 97-8-07337-7
12-08-1997

Gitana1, what would this case be about? Any guess?

I tried to type in her name and came back that my search was invalid.. do we have the correct spelling of the name???

You cannot "paste" her name in, you have to physically type it in (weird I know, lol but I had the same problem)

Listen, it is very possible but what is going on here? Kid disappeared in mom's care, not dad's. She admitted to leaving him alone for an hour while she took the treasured daughter with. She walked, didn't use a phone, and called a friend, not AAA or a tow. LE says the car started when they got there and there was no gas can. Locals and others have pointed out that there are churches very close by and this was 8:00 a.m. on a Sunday, with bike riders and church goers out in force. She had been cited before for leaving a child alone in the car. I don't want to lose sight of all these discrepancies in the face of the news about possible DV on the part of the dad.

respectfully snipped and bolded :)

That's really troubling - what are the chances that this baby would NOT have been found by good, church-going folks in this case? It's a lot more likely that good people would have stopped and called LE than a predator would happen by and snatch the kid. That leads me to think that the chance that the baby was in the car at all is very low.

Her leaving the son in the car to get gas is odd. Especially when there is a custody dispute. As many have mentioned, why not stop somewhere closer while walking with the daughter? The one thing I disagree with is the picture thing- I looked through all 110 pages of Flicker. She uploads some events multiple times so in some cases it does appear there are millions of pictures of her (the daughter) when there really are not. As a parent of 4 I know it is harder and harder to take pictures of the younger ones with other kids needing attention. Plus- a few of the 'shoots' with her daughter where pre-separation. Doing the same shoots with no extra set of hands and an additional child may have been a challenge. I am in no way defending anything this woman did- this case is super hinky in my opinion, but I agree that there is truly a concerning difference in the # of pictures and I do see plenty of Sky smiling.

After seeing her pics of the kids I can sort of see why Sky was left behind. She clearly favors the daughter...and that is so sad :( Hope he is found soon!

I found JB's parent's divorce case, fwiw.

okay... so don't wet your pants with laughter or anything but I was putting the first name in the last name box! eek!

I did the same thing, twice! Once for his name and once with her name. Than I realized what I had done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safetycircle