Identified! WA - Snohomish Co., WhtFem 516UFWA, 15-22, hitchhiker, Aug 1977 - Lisa Roberts

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Margaret Press answered a question concerning Snohomish Jane Doe, and also why she isn't mentioned in their various lists, in one of DDP's Facebook posts:

(...) extraction failed once on Snohomish. We heard that another attempt (possibly hair) was made with another expert. We've had no further contact on that case.

I wonder who the other expert is?

Last edited:
Bumping.

No updates, as far as I can tell, other than Snohomish county sheriff's cold case detective Jim Sharf used the services of Parabon Nanolabs to crack the Cook/Van Cuylenborg case earlier in 2018. Since that collaboration was a success, we can always hope they'll continue the collab and take on Snohomish Jane Doe next.

https://www.seattleweekly.com/northwest/local-cold-case-helps-60-minutes-explain-genetic-genealogy/

I'm sorry to hear her first extraction failed, but still hopeful. Investigators have made great strides in collecting DNA from hair samples without follicles.

Bumping Snohomish Jane Doe with @madamx's post in the Irondequoit Jane Doe thread and throwing out Eva Ridall as a suggestion for SJD. I can't see if she has been suggested before or has been ruled out. If her NamUs ruleout list is not too long, can somebody with access please post it?

Eva run away from her home in Bradenton, Florida on May 1st, 1977, enroute possibly to the Cincinnati, Ohio area, via a bus or plane. She has never been heard from again.

There are some descrepancies from Snohomish Jane Doe, though:
Eva was 5'6, SJD was 5'10. Eva had a tattoo, SJD didn't, but then again I am reminded of Elizabeth Lamotte from when she was a Jane Doe..

Here is Eva's WS thread:
FL - FL - Eva Ridall, 15, Bradenton, 1 May 1977

I posted Eva's ruleouts on her thread. She's been ruled out as Snohomish Jane Doe.

I'll get the decedent's ruleouts later today.

Wow she has? Thanks carbuff.... as mrs.badcrumble said .. she really looked like Eva..a lot!

I posted Eva's ruleouts on her thread. She's been ruled out as Snohomish Jane Doe.

I'll get the decedent's ruleouts later today.
I kinda assumed she wasn't our Jane Doe despite of the striking resemblance. At least now we know.

And thank you, @carbuff! I really appreciate all of you updating these MP and UID threads with their respective NamUs ruleouts. It's really annoying that we international users no longer can access this information on NamUs :mad:

Cherry Greenman was ruled out quote a while ago.

Here's the current list:

MP2560 Maria Anjiras 02/12/1976 Fairfield CT
MP22894 Althea Blankinship 03/27/1973 Jefferson WA
-- Judith Brown -- -- NY --
Rose Lena Cole -- --CA --
Narelle Cox -- -- --
MP26739 Brenda Davidson 03/04/1974 Prince William VA
MP20347 Diane Gilchrist 05/29/1974 Clark WA
MP4398 Cherry Greenman 09/14/1976 King WA
MP2716 Jamie Grissim 12/07/1971 Clark WA
MP4547 Corinne Groenenberg 11/01/1973 Stanislaus CA
MP13877 Nancy Jason 07/17/1977 Montgomery MD
MP6263 Cindy King 07/19/1977 Josephine OR
MP3897 Nancy Kirkpatrick 04/21/1976 Flathead MT
MP12090 Karen Lee 05/26/1977 Washington OR
MP6309 Charlotte Loomis 09/01/1972 Monmouth NJ
-- Cheryl Ann Moser-Iacovone -- -- PA
MP47 Audrey Nerenberg 07/15/1977 New York NY
MP4554 Debra Pscholka 06/05/1971 Riverside CA
MP4639 Peggy Rahn 12/29/1969 Broward FL
MP4645 Yvonne Regler 08/08/1977 Cuyahoga OH
MP33753 Eva Ridall 05/01/1977 Manatee FL
MP6579 Sherry Roach 06/08/1976 San Mateo CA
-- Rebecca Rodriguez -- -- CA
MP12864 Evangeline Silva 07/16/1977 Contra Costa CA
MP6692 Wendy Stevenson 12/29/1969 Broward FL
MP3879 Kimberly Stewart 05/24/1977 Placer CA
MP26265 Christine Thornton 09/01/1976 Bexar TX
MP5091 Sarah Tokier 01/01/1976 Los Angeles CA
MP11096 Deborah Tomlinson 10/15/1973 Lane OR
MP2785 Christina White 04/28/1979 Asotin WA
MP1689 April Zane 04/18/1977 Will IL

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

I found this snippet of a missing girl on a cached copy of the Oak Hill Blog. Not sure if she's still missing (I think the OH folks added the "don't think she is missing" text to the photo), but she is tall and resembles the recon of this Jane Doe if anyone wants to research it.

Attachments

• Sandra Blaine1.jpg
    Sandra Blaine1.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 48
I found this snippet of a missing girl on a cached copy of the Oak Hill Blog. Not sure if she's still missing (I think the OH folks added the "don't think she is missing" text to the photo), but she is tall and resembles the recon of this Jane Doe if anyone wants to research it.
I think I found something. If I read this correctly, Sandra Ann Blaine isn't her real name?

"SANDRA ANN AND 'THE SYSTEM' the catchall word 'retarded' masked a young girl's real problems until it was too late for anyone to salvage her "The first thing I wanted to do i Barney has been called an enlightened lunatic, and he likes that description enough to adopt it. He sits in an armchair in his modest westside Phoenix home. His conversation jumps around as he tries to pull together the pieces of his daughter's tragedy. It is 10 a.m., but to Barney it is evening. He worked overnight in a truck terminal and he will be in bed by 11 a.m. So he sips a Lite or a cup of coffee as he talks about his daughter, the system, the law, his own foulups. It is as though he were working a jigsaw puzzle and someone kept switching pieces on him. On one visit, Sandra Ann has been missing from Adobe Mountain School for nearly six months. Next visit, she has been located at Firebird Lake with the black man she thinks she loves. She used an assumed name to marry him in Oklahoma. She has been returned to Adobe Mountain. Yet another time within weeks, Adobe Mountain has released her. She is 18, an adult legally if not mentally. She is beyond Barney's reach, and probably society's. If Barney leaves out part of the story one time, he fills it in the next, including his own rash acts. Whatever his faults, he is honest, blunt. It is understandable if he has trouble keeping track of the story. Some of it fills a juvenile court file the size of a phone book. The rest has filled Barney's head for years. Sophisticated, better-trained men, dragged into the case Jby Barney's tenacity, disagree that he is a lunatic. Sometimes irrational, yes. Bullheaded, misguided, but motivated by a father's concern. He raised hell when others would have caved in. "Wherever Barney shows up, there's a little storm," a clinical psychologist said. "He's a man in a lot of pain," a superior court judge said. He slapped the thick file folder shut. The papers in the file start with the first grade, when a school psychologist adjudged Sandra Ann Blaine retarded. That is not her real name, nor is her father called Barney. It is Barney's unsophisticated way to want real names used, to spread the truth as he sees it. No chance. Officials in the Phoenix Union High School system and various elementary systems will have to fill in the names. Probation officers and psychologists and quite a few cops will recognize the case. Sandra Ann would 'know who she is, but she can't read or write. She can talk intelligently and laugh and make love, but she can't read or write. There are a lot more like her locked in various stages of the system. A psychological workup on Sandra Ann when she was a first-grader at Creighton School diagnosed her as retarded. The same report quoted school health officials as saying she had normal vision and hearing, a statement that would cause bitterness ten years later. But she wasn't put into special education until the end of the second grade. A psychological evaluation in the sixth grade in the Alhambra District concurred with the evaluation from Creighton. Barney said, "In special education they did what they could. At conferences we were told, 'She's slow, but she's trying.' They kept passing her. They even put her into high school.". His wife, Nora, said, "She wasn't ready for high school. We asked the teacher why she was passed. She said, 'We have to send them on.' " Barney continued, "Sandra has always been a serious kid. We didn't see that she had any problems until she went to Alhambra High School. She started going with older kids and with the wrong class of kids. She started skipping class." A friend of Sandra's overdosed on drugs. She phoned the boy's mother, who took him to Mary-vale Samaritan Hospital. Sandra told the parents who the pusher was, and they told the police. Barney said, "The next day Sandra was in her room and I was in the bathtub. My wife was in the living room when somebody ' knocked on the door. I heard my wife scream. Then I heard Sandra start screaming." Two boys and a girl worked Sandra over for squealing. "I was bare naked and I chased these three kids half a block down the street. I damn near got arrested. The only question the cops asked was why I was naked . . ." A couple of nights later Barney called a meeting of the parents involved at his house. Sandra got a phone call. Only later did Barney find out it was a threat: Cet out of town or her parents would be killed and the house burned down. Sandra, the boy who had OD'd and his girlfriend ran. The next night Barney got a call from people in the area of Double Buttes, where Sandra had asked to use the phone. He and another father went to the area and located the runaways. was to pound the hell out ot her with a belt for not coming to me," Barney said. "But remember, when she came to me with her problems she got in even deeper problems with her peers." In the fall months of 1972, things happened almost too rapidly for comprehension. Sandra Ann began a pattern of delinquency, involving other, shadowy characters. At the same time, Barney began trying to prove that his daughter's problem was organic rather than mental. He began barging around looking for answers. The sequence is "hard to straighten out because Barney rambles. "Don't I , though?" he said, shaking his head and trying to pinpoint an event. Barney, 49, was raised on a Michigan farm-and in Detroit. He was in the ninth grade when he joined the Navy in World War II. After the war he was a merchant seaman for a while to earn money to buy a truck. He has been a trucker most of the time since. His wife, Nora, has a high school education but is less worldly than her husband. They came to Arizona in 1959. Later counseling reports indicated that Barney was strict in applying almost Biblical standards to his three children, especially his daughter. His wife was permissive with the children, who played one parent against the other. "He is as much a victim of his circumstances as she (Sandra Ann) is," said a lawyer who has been enmeshed in the case. "He is Mister Average American and he's absolutely crushed by this machinery." The first time Barney appeared before the Phoenix Union High School board, it was to ask for "

The text stops there (I assume it continues on the next page). I did a little search, and found a 54 year old woman in Arizona, whose former name (maiden name, I suspect) was Sandra A. Blaine. Could be her (unless a pseudonym was used in the newspaper clippings we've already posted here).

I just tried to map the location where she was found and it doesn't appear there is a street in Everett, Washington that is called "Emander". Does anyone know if this is a historical name and if the street was later renamed something else, eliminated during some later construction, etc?

I just tried to map the location where she was found and it doesn't appear there is a street in Everett, Washington that is called "Emander". Does anyone know if this is a historical name and if the street was later renamed something else, eliminated during some later construction, etc?
Did the Emander street become a park?
Site Information

Here is the map location given on NAMUS: Google Maps

It appears to be in the middle of a large Boeing complex today. Perhaps the street no longer exists?

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back