Identified! WA - Spokane, WhtFem 16-30, UP489, AKA "Millie", skull found in '98, Jun'84 - Ruth Belle Waymire

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
a03682fa-f02e-4f29-9a83-6f8a99624d16.jpg
b04743bb-d2f4-4e6d-ac16-2a608cb2ddbe.jpg

Earlier this week, one of my FB followers pointed me to a facebook post from a woman saying that her sister (Sheila Annette Pauley - DOB 16-Apr-1960) has been missing since 1980. I had never heard of Sheila, so I did some research. Any time I see an unlisted young woman missing from 1980, I immediately think Buckskin Girl? Arroyo Grande? Walker County Jane?

Well, I found Sheila's freshman photo in the 1976 Palo Verde HS yearbook in Blythe CA. Definitely not BG, AGJD, or WCJD. But could she be Spokane Jane?

I contacted her sister, and learned about the circumstances of her disappearance. Apparently, she was at a bar/restaurant in Ehrenburg Arizona some time in 1980 (Date uncertain), and when she left, several biker types were seen following her out the door. She has never been seen again.

The timeframe and distance are problematic, but not impossible.

But her height is right. Her age is right. Her light hair is right. she has a history of childbirth (she had an infant son at the time of her disapperance).

And as you can see, she has the "look".

I am in the process now of trying to find out if a MP report is on file for her, and I have started a NamUs casefile for her.

I live in Spokane and we do have a Hells Angels chapter here. During the 1980's there was a lot of biker gang activity. There were a couple of famous peace meetings held in Spokane between Angels and Mongols or Bandito's back then. It would be interesting to see if the dates coincide. Because Arizona bikers would've definitely been present at those.

Has anyone considered Theresa Jones? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/32747/

(More pics at link but this one has the best view of her teeth gap and she appears to have a mole on neck but it's hard to see)

Sorry if a repeat, I'm new to this UID and did not read the entire thread. If anyone thinks Theresa is a good possible, please submit. Thanks!

Theresa doesn't have the extreme underbite that Spokane Jane has.

Carl, does Sheila have the two prominent moles on her neck as well?
I'm not seeing them, unless they're hidden or blurred.

Carl, does Sheila have the two prominent moles on her neck as well?
I'm not seeing them, unless they're hidden or blurred.

Yes, she does, and they are visible in her freshman school photo, but both are slightly leftward of the positions that I had depicted in my reconstruction. Keep in mind that my depiction of the moles on her neck were based on a photo of a headless neck, with no chin to provide a point of reference.

The Jane Doe's neck was tilted to the right, and it is possible that the it was also rotated to the right, making the moles appear to be more rightward and to the front than they actually were. If that is the case, then the moles on Sheila's neck are exactly in the right place.

Yes, she does, and they are visible in her freshman school photo, but both are slightly leftward of the positions that I had depicted in my reconstruction. Keep in mind that my depiction of the moles on her neck were based on a photo of a headless neck, with no chin to provide a point of reference.

The Jane Doe's neck was tilted to the right, and it is possible that the it was also rotated to the right, making the moles appear to be more rightward and to the front than they actually were. If that is the case, then the moles on Sheila's neck are exactly in the right place.

Thank you.
Please don't think I was questioning your representation - I was questioning my eyes.
I originally thought I saw them (one in center of neck, one nearly under her left collar?) but wasn't sure if I were looking at moles or shadows/shading of the B/W photo.

Thank you.
Please don't think I was questioning your representation - I was questioning my eyes. .

No prob. :) I am questioning my own representation. Maybe this will clarify.

Sheila Pauley Moles on Neck.jpg

Also, there is what looks like a third mole below these two, next to her collar. Looking again at the PM, there might be a mole there as well, though it is not entirely certain.

No prob. :) I am questioning my own representation. Maybe this will clarify.

attachment.php

Also, there is what looks like a third mole below these two, next to her collar. Looking again at the PM, there might be a mole there as well, though it is not entirely certain.

Yes, that's where I thought I saw them, too, but just wasn't sure.
It does look like there could be a third mole under the collar as well.
Thank you for the clarification.

Watching the press conference on Bob Evans/Allentown today, this is another case that came to mind. Could she be one of his victims?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

A reporter from The Spokesman, a local paper in Spokane, became interested in this story because Spokane was mentioned in the Orange County Register article about me that that came out two weeks ago.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/feb/05/spokane-county-has-identified-one-missing-person-u/

I was unaware that for years, local authorities have referred to this Jane Doe as "Millie"

The Millie case

It started on June 20, 1984, when two young men fishing near the T.J. Meenach Bridge found the naked body of a young woman in the river.

She had been dismembered, apparently with an ax, a hatchet or a knife.

“No head, no hands, no feet,” Nelson said.

Investigators figured she was from out of town because she didn’t match any local missing persons reports, and there hadn’t been any similar murders around that time.

The killer, who probably knew her well, had taken extreme measures to prevent her from being identified.

Tips have trickled in and dozens of people have been interviewed, but answers have eluded investigators for 33 years.

Originally Posted by CarlK90245
Any time I see an unlisted young woman missing from 1980, I immediately think Buckskin Girl? Arroyo Grande? Walker County Jane?

Me, too. That's exactly what I thought when I first read about Sharon Smith in my local paper, who went missing in Aug. 1980, from my home town. I'd never heard of her until 36 years later, but when I read the first article, which didn't have a picture of her, I wondered if she were one of the historical Jane Does from that time period.

I wonder if she's been found/Id'd because her page is now giving a permission error in NamUs.

No, she hasn't been found or ID'd. Her NamUs page was taken down because LE lost her missing persons report, and they have not yet created a new one. Until they can get their act together to create a new MP report, they had to unpublish her NamUs casefile.

No, she hasn't been found or ID'd. Her NamUs page was taken down because LE lost her missing persons report, and they have not yet created a new one. Until they can get their act together to create a new MP report, they had to unpublish her NamUs casefile.

Thanks for clarifying. Sorry to hear they lost her missing persons report.

So until the Blythe potential match is either confirmed or disproven, do you all feel like looking at other possible matches? Here is one I think is close enough that it warrants consideration:

judith-spokane.PNG

JUDITH ODONNELL, missing 1980 from Maryland/New York. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8051/0/

-discrepancies: 2"-3"taller than estimated height of UID
MP photos do not appear to clearly show neck moles [though i think I might be able to
vaguely see them in enlargement]
possible underbite
4 year gap
no mention of having given birth

-similarities: *gap teeth
*scar on left arm
face shape [direct view]
weight

I know the moles don't seem to show on Judith's picture, but it's a not very high quality image... when I enlarged her black/white photo, I thought I could see a faint mole at the very same spot on her neck as on the UID's neck. I pulled another of her pics where it looks like she may have a mole. Here i snipped CarlK's UID reconstruc with two closeups of Judith's neck area.

moles.PNG

Thoughts?

So until the Blythe potential match is either confirmed or disproven, do you all feel like looking at other possible matches? Here is one I think is close enough that it warrants consideration:

View attachment 109706

JUDITH ODONNELL, missing 1980 from Maryland/New York. https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/8051/0/

-discrepancies: 2"-3"taller than estimated height of UID
MP photos do not appear to clearly show neck moles [though i think I might be able to
vaguely see them in enlargement]
possible underbite
4 year gap

-similarities: *gap teeth
*scar on left arm
face shape [direct view]
weight

I know the moles don't seem to show on Judith's picture, but it's a not very high quality image... when I enlarged her black/white photo, I thought I could see a faint mole at the very same spot on her neck as on the UID's neck. I pulled another of her pics where it looks like she may have a mole. Here i snipped CarlK's UID reconstruc with two closeups of Judith's neck area.

View attachment 109707

Thoughts?
Moles can develop over time so that shouldn't eliminate her. She does look very similar.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Slowcrow
Back