Identified! WA - Yakima County, MultFem, 18-99, UP93571, found in a remote area, Dec '08 - Daisy Mae Tallman Heath

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

victoriarobinson642

Reaction score
NAMUS:

---

Sex - Female
Race / Ethnicity - Asian, American Indian / Alaska Native, Hawaiian / Pacific Islander
Estimated Age Group - Adult
Date Body Found - December 9, 2008
Location - Yakima, Washington
County - Yakima County
Circumstances of Recovery - Cranium found in a remote area of Yakima County.

Investigating Agencies​

King County Medical Examiner's Office​

(206) 731-3232
Agency Case Number - 08-2075

No Investigator Entered​

Granger Police Department​

(509) 854-2656
Agency Case Number - 2008-285
---

Based solely on location, I think these women could be possible matches.

Roberta Jean Raines seems like a potential match.

Roberta Jean Raines – The Charley Project

From link, thank you, also congrats @ victoriarobinson for starting the thread & match suggestion, and of course Othram!

''The Yakima County Coroner's office then confirmed that the unknown woman was in fact, Daisy Mae Tallman, also known as Daisy Mae Heath. She was born January 10th, 1958. According to her missing persons record at NamUs (MP52320), Daisy was staying with family in the White Swan area of the Yakama Indian Reservation at the time of her disappearance. Her keys and backpack were later found in the closed area of the reservation, known as Soda Springs, which is a remote part of the reservation. Daisy was last seen around the end of August, and was reported missing on October 29th, 1987. She would have been 29 years old at the time she went missing.''

1672853770808.png
''Yakima County coroner Jim Curtice said Wednesday the remains found on Nov. 26, 2008, west of White Swan have been confirmed by DNA analysis as Daisy Mae Heath, 29, who grew up in White Swan as Daisy Tallman and was living there when she disappeared. She was reported missing on Oct. 29, 1987.

Testing was completed by Othram Laboratories, a private DNA laboratory in Texas known for identifying people whose remains have been unidentified for decades. Funding for the DNA testing was provided by the Washington State Attorney General’s Office, Curtice said in a news release.''

So was the date on NamUs just wrong?
I guess? I mean, me guessing this was the right Doe file was just a guess, but everything else lines up, and it's only one month out... I don't see that it could be another Doe. Someone had the date wrong, somewhere. Or there was another skeletal Native Doe found in the same remote place the very next month, and there isn't another thread because?? Occam's Razor, I am 99% sure this is her, with the information we have.

EDIT: The other possibility is Othram and the article are listing the date found, and Namus is potentially using a date on an ME/coroner's report. They're only thirteen days apart. Find date 26th Nov, Namus 9th Dec.

Last edited:
Daisy's loved ones have waited for a long time to get some answers.

-----------------------------------------------

You were spot on, @victoriarobinson642!

Every year that goes by gets more and more amazing when it comes to identifications through forensic genealogy, and seeing we're not even a week into the new year yet, I wonder how incredibly great this year is going to get!

Daisy's loved ones have waited for a long time to get some answers.

-----------------------------------------------

You were spot on, @victoriarobinson642!

Every year that goes by gets more and more amazing when it comes to identifications through forensic genealogy, and seeing we're not even a week into the new year yet, I wonder how incredibly great this year is going to get!
I'm looking at the Does in your signature, and Christmas Doe - BOTH Christmas Does - are ones I really want to see solved. I know they're looking to use new DNA technology of some kind on '88. I'd love to see them do genetic genealogy on '83, too.

I have a good feeling about this year, too. The Boy in the Box, Kelly, The Lady of the Dunes, and Princess Doe getting IDed last year blew my mind. All were really tough to ID for many reasons. But they were, and it feels like pulling back the curtain, just a fraction of an inch at a time, and potentially, behind it, there's a future where no one is ever buried as unknown, or sits in a storage cupboard in a box for decades.

No more unknown, for you, Daisy. You're finally going home, sweetie.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frankiterranova
Back