GUILTY Wales - Gerald Corrigan, 74, killed with crossbow bolt, Holyhead, 19 April 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Nothing new for us in this report, but I found the last sentence interesting

But Whall's precise movements on the night of the killing were tracked by data from "black box" technology in a Land Rover, which belonged to his partner and which he had borrowed.

The prosecution said without this, he would have got away with his lies.

Man guilty of crossbow shooting murder

Following two days of consideration, the jury came to the unanimous decision to find Terence Whall guilty.

Whall, of Bryngwran, Anglesey, and co-defendant Gavin Jones, 36, were also convicted of conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

The charges related to an alleged plot to set fire to Whall's Land Rover Discovery.

The two men showed no reaction as the verdicts were returned.

Man found guilty of murder of Gerald Corrigan

Pleased to hear it. Someone remind me what the motive was, please.
It involves fraud (I think), but it's not really clear what the motive actually was.

Hopefully the fraudsters will be up in court soon now this is over. I can't honestly say whether they're involved in the murder or not from what has been reported.

It involves fraud (I think), but it's not really clear what the motive actually was.

Hopefully the fraudsters will be up in court soon now this is over. I can't honestly say whether they're involved in the murder or not from what has been reported.

Ditto from me re the motive. I hope it does become clearer soon with the ongoing investigation of another.

Pleased to hear it. Someone remind me what the motive was, please.
My theory is that Wyn the master grifter told the Whall gang that if they got rid of Gerald, then all their money woes would be over. He would con Geralds partner out of even more money to pay them back. They were that daft they believed him. Moo.

Little bit more from the sentencing:

Sentencing Whall to life, Mrs Justice Jefford said the murder was barbaric, adding: “You have deprived Mr Corrigan’s family of any explanation for what was a horrific death in which Mr Corrigan was completely blameless. For your own reasons you clearly had a plan to kill. Your arrogant belief that you could get away with murder was misplaced.”

The reason for the attack remains a mystery. The judge said it was “speculation” to say Whall was paid to carry out the murder or that it happened because Corrigan was about to report a fraud to police.

Crossbow murder: man jailed for minimum of 31 years

The bolt used in this crime is designed for hunting. However hunting with a crossbow is illegal in the UK, yet it is legal to buy, sell and own these bolts even though they have no lawful use. Where's the sense in that?

Truly the law is an *advertiser censored*.

Couple to go on trial over fraud charges linked to Anglesey crossbow murder probe

The story says, in part:

Mr Lewis is accused of committing fraud in making a false representation to Gerald Corrigan and Marie Bailey which he knew to be untrue in relation to a planning application, the sale of Gof Du, the purchase of horses, the sale of a Citroen motor vehicle, the purchase of The Old School House and land in Llanddona between January 1, 2015 and April 20, 2019.

He is also accused of committing fraud by making a false representation to an employee of Brightwells Auctioneers, which he knew to be untrue, that he was able to pay for a horse named Indira on August 20, 2016.

Mr Lewis also denies a charge of fraud in making a false representation to Brightwells employee Sarah Johnson, which he knew to be untrue, that he was in fact Sean Davies on July 18, 2017.

0_Lewis_03.jpg

Richard Wyn Lewis and Siwan Maclean at Caernarfon Justice Centre

Mr Lewis further denies committing fraud by making a false representation to Andrew Shaw, which he knew to be untrue, that Mr Lewis was carrying out building work on behalf of Mr Shaw in a competent manner and at reasonable cost.

In another charge, Mr Lewis is alleged to have committed fraud by making a false representation to Eric King, which Mr Lewis knew to be untrue, over selling a horse named Finn and assisting in relation to a planning application between January 1, 2016 and September 1, 2017.

Lastly, Mr Lewis also denies committing fraud over a payment between October 1, 2018 and May 1, 2019.

In that allegation he accused of making a false representation to Ali Ahmed and Fatema Ahmed that the payment of money was necessary to assist with planning application fees and to arrange housing for Farhana Begum in relation to a debt to Multimedia.

Ms Maclean denies being concerned in the deposit of £50,046 into a bank knowing or suspecting that it was criminal property on December 6, 2018.

There will be a pre-trial review at Caernarfon Crown Court on March 8 next year.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Justicefornicky
Back