VA Walter "Leo" Jackson Sr. Serial Rapist, recently linked to double murder in Virginia in 1996, Law Enforcement looking for additional possible victims

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

DS2021

Reaction score
Jackson, who went by the name “Leo,” died in prison in March 2018 in Cuyahoga County, Ohio. Jackson had a lengthy criminal history, including kidnapping, rapes, and assaults. Our investigative team continued taking steps to learn more about Jackson’s activities through the years, which includes full coordination with our partners at the Cleveland Police Department and Cuyahoga County Prosecutor’s Office.

Jackson, a residential painter by trade, was an avid hiker and was known to visit Shenandoah National Park. At the time of Lollie and Julie’s murders, we believe he was driving a 1984 Chestnut Brown AMC Eagle 30. Jackson later drove a 1979 model Ford Econoline 250 van. Jackson was known to use temporary tags, alter license plates, and frequently change vehicles.

The FBI will continue to work with law enforcement partners to determine if Jackson is responsible for other unsolved crimes. Anyone with information on Jackson should call 1-800-CALL FBI or submit online at tips.fbi.gov.
The Ohio Department of Rehabilitation and Corrections provided the following timeline of when Jackson was incarcerated. Jackson would be excluded as a possible suspect for any unsolved crimes that occurred during this time period.

January 1984 through February 1989 (Charged in Geauga County, Ohio)

May 1994 through September 1994 (Charged in Cuyahoga County, Ohio)

August 2000 through May 2007 (Charged in Cuyahoga County, Ohio)

May 2012 until his death in March 2018 (Charged in Cuyahoga County, Ohio)

On Tuesday, an 18-year-old female escaped from a van and onto the street. The victim says 63-year-old Walter Jackson held her up at gunpoint, then pulled her into his van where she says she was repeatedly raped for three hours.
She was handcuffed and her feet were tied together with shoestring

She was handcuffed and her feet were tied together with shoestring
“Dezhan Jemison, witnessed what had just happened, so he and a friend followed the van that the victim was thrown from.”
“They led Cleveland Police to the van, and police placed Walter Jackson under arrest on suspicion of assault and rape”

Wonderful heroes!!!

I turned in a FBI tip yesterday on the Alicia Showalter murder. Has to be him, probably responsible for a lot of the Route 29 stalker stuff. Same location basically, and her murder was 2 months before the double murder. Composite fits perfect.

I turned in a FBI tip yesterday on the Alicia Showalter murder. Has to be him, probably responsible for a lot of the Route 29 stalker stuff. Same location basically, and her murder was 2 months before the double murder. Composite fits perfect.

Very nice-/ please keep us posted if you hear anything back. I hope you are right!

I wonder too if he ever drove a “dark pick up truck” that was noted by some of the women he encountered? I’ve seen some say it was large, some small.
I also wonder if any of the witnesses from 1996 have a good recollection of what the stalker looked like and could identify his picture?

I researched this case at one time and remember one article said the investigator was keeping her manner of death a closely guarded secret. There was also the oddity that several of her belongings were found strewn around Culpeper, though her body was found 15 miles from her car. Similar to how Jesse Matthews left Morgan Harrington’s t shirt on a bush in Charlottesville— seemingly to misdirect the investigation.

I hope they are able to get resolution for Alicia’s family soon!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back