Warren Jeffs FLDS compound in Texas surrounded by police #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The parents were told by Warren Jeffs to remove their children from public school in 2000. Before that they, minimally, finished 8th grade in a public school.

Did anyone see the segment on TV lastnight where the advocate who helps the kids escape from the compound showed the cemetary & all the babies graves.

The parents were told by Warren Jeffs to remove their children from public school in 2000. Before that they, minimally, finished 8th grade in a public school.

Now they're home schooled & only learn what Warren Jeffs wants them to learn.

One of the articles I read in the past week was about the two 16-year-old girls, Fawn Broadbent and Fawn Holm, who escaped together from Colorado City in 2004. With the help of Flora Jessop, they were placed in a foster home in Salt Lake City. When they were tested for placement in school, they both tested at the 5th grade level. They were placed in their age appropriate grade, but had to have a home study program to catch up.

Chick who was arrested for false report is likely Obama delegate: Click

Wowza, it's all over the blogs now. How long till it hits mainstream? I'm pretty sure McCain and Clinton's teams are going to be working this. As a blogger posted regarding this latest info to emerge. "I'm buying extra popcorn this week"

Not that the conditions were stellar under Rulon, but after Warren took over everything went to hell in a hand basket.

Wowza, it's all over the blogs now. How long till it hits mainstream? I'm pretty sure McCain and Clinton's teams are going to be working this. As a blogger posted regarding this latest info to emerge. "I'm buying extra popcorn this week"

Ohh, you can bet their camps are on it now. McCain's may be a little slower, but I'm sure Hillary already has her history, her family's history and her particpation in his campaign nailed down.

(me too on the popcorn!!) I love election season. And football season.

I just sleep through everything else. :crazy:

Not that the conditions were stellar under Rulon, but after Warren took over everything went to hell in a hand basket.

It's obvious I'm sure that I've become obsessed with the history and the origions of the LDS Church. I'm obsessed I tell you! lol. Seriously though, while I'm finding big differences between the FLDS and the LDS church, there are big similarities between Brigham Young and Warren Jeffs. Just like with Jeffs, things also went downhill for the LDS Church under Brigham Young. Most of the wacky assed ideas associated with the LDS church were introduced and written into doctrine by Brigham Young himself. Polygamy to justify him and his supporters criminal and perverted lifestyle. And blood atonement to justify Brighams violent tendency to control his flock and to settle scores, ala Mountain Meadow Massacre. The LDS Church has had to go back and rescind most of Brigham's covenants because they were unproven and detrimental to the future of the church.

Over the years the mention of Brigham Young to LDS Church members would earn you an eyeroll or a rude comment about him. Now I know why.

It's obvious I'm sure that I've become obsessed with the history and the origions of the LDS Church. I'm obsessed I tell you! lol. Seriously though, while I'm finding big differences between the FLDS and the LDS church, there are big similarities between Brigham Young and Warren Jeffs. Just like with Jeffs, things also went downhill for the LDS Church under Brigham Young. Most of the wacky assed ideas associated with the LDS church were introduced and written into doctrine by Brigham Young himself. Polygamy to justify him and his supporters criminal and perverted lifestyle. And blood atonement to justify Brighams violent tendency to control his flock and to settle scores, ala Mountain Meadow Massacre. The LDS Church has had to go back and rescind most of Brigham's covenants because they were unproven and detrimental to the future of the church.

Over the years the mention of Brigham Young to LDS Church members would earn you an eyeroll or a rude comment about him. Now I know why.

Well, I guess the kook (Warren) looked to the kook (Brigham) to justify his little kingdom on earth.

btw: I totally get the obsessed thingy.

Ohh, you can bet their camps are on it now. McCain's may be a little slower, but I'm sure Hillary already has her history, her family's history and her particpation in his campaign nailed down.

(me too on the popcorn!!) I love election season. And football season.

I just sleep through everything else. :crazy:

This could get very interesting - actually it's got to be today, Sunday, and Monday to influence the Pennsylvania primary.

I was actually wondering if there are families among the Mormons that would adopt these children, and give them a home that would be in the least related to the religion they grew up with. (less culture shock) I think it would help them adjust.

I would not want to see those children go back with their Mothers.
These women are too brain washed to help their kids, I'd worry about them going back to the abusers.

So it's perfectly acceptable to ignore the fact that the law is being broken and children are being abused? Because we can't arrest every single child rapist and pervert simultaneously, they should all get a free pass?

Glow, to me, your arguments just fall flat. Over and over you make the same points. And over and over you continue to misconstrue and take the arguments out of context. Comparing the laws to two years ago or 200 years ago is an exercise in futility. The only law that applies is the law as it's written today in Texas.

The only question is has FLDS broken the law in Texas and have children been abused? Clearly, from the testimony that is indeed the case.

DITTO!!!!

I'm sure they do feel "gratified". Heck, winning feels good doesn't it?

But are they really qualified to assume responsibility for over 400 young children?

"Putting these kids in the Texas foster care system could prove tragic by any measure."
The state fails federal guidelines in five out of six key categories, including the "absence of abuse while in care," and "timeliness of adoption."

Because many of the children come from families with five or more siblings, officials say it is nearly certain they will have to be separated and placed apart from each other if kept in state care.

http://www.wbko.com/news/headlines/17852469.html

To me it is very obvious that these people were not very responsible for their children at all
or else these Mothers would have found a way to get their kids away.
So your question; are they qualified? I'd have to say: more qualified then their own blood family.

But you may have a point that foster care may end up being just as tragic...
I hope that is not the only solution. I hope there will be families that will take in these kids.
IMO I think they do not know who exactly is their sibling, I think they all are brothers and sisters
and in the end no body can adopt them all.
So IMO the kids will be separated, but I'd love to see a better solution then foster homes.

We've been concentrating on the sexual abuse that's taking place within the FLDs with underage children, because that was the foundation for the original complaint and search warrant. When CPS executed that search warrant, they found other evidence of sexual abuse which resulted in a second search warrant and all children being removed.

But, we've also heard from ex-FLDS members that physical and emotional abuse also takes place within the cult. Almost all who've escaped the group have related the abuse. Carolyn Jessop, Flora Jessop, Kathy Nicholson, and others have spoken of children being punished by being locked in a closet, food and water being withheld, beatings, and infants being subjected to being spanked until they cry and then their face held under a water tap repeatedly to instill fear in them. That fear is used for obedience.

The children are taught from an early age that outsiders are evil and not to be trusted. They're told not to talk to outsiders. This has resulted in CPS having difficulties in even getting identification of each child. The mothers being allowed to come with the children proved to be a big mistake as the mothers role was to insure the children not talking.

With the mothers separated from the children, it will take time for social workers to gain the children's trust. Once trust is established, I think we'll learn of physical abuses of these children.

I was actually wondering if there are families among the Mormons that would adopt these children, and give them a home that would be in the least related to the religion they grew up with. (less culture shock) I think it would help them adjust.

I would not want to see those children go back with their Mothers.
These women are too brain washed to help their kids, I'd worry about them going back to the abusers.

I agree. The FLDS women are taught to obey their husbands and "the prophet", Warren Jeffs. As I've said before, if Warren Jeffs or any man in a position of leadership were to decree that all children are to be beaten by their fathers once a week, the women would accept that decree as a parental duty with no hesitation. The women don't have the capacity of independent thought and action, and would never even consider intervening in the abuse. They probably don't even understand that it's abuse.

Did anyone see the one women that was briefly interviewed by the media, that smiled and asked the reporter if he knew what Zion was? She had a dazed look on her face and continued to smile saying that, "Zion is heaven on earth and we're living in Zion." That woman was frightening, as one could easily see that she was so brainwashed that she would die if it was so decreed by "the prophet." I've only seen that interview on Nancy Grace's program.

This case is so complicated i am having trouble keeping up with the latest developments.

My mind keeps wandering back to 3 layared underwear that you dont remove when you take a bath.

This case is so complicated i am having trouble keeping up with the latest developments.

My mind keeps wandering back to 3 layared underwear that you dont remove when you take a bath.

I missed that. What is 3 layered underwear? Those dang dresses look uncomfortable enough, let alone carrying around the weight of all that hair and those heavy looking army boots they wear. Now you are saying that even underneath it is controlled?? WTH?????

Also I would love to see some tweezers on that compound.:bang:

I missed that. What is 3 layered underwear? Those dang dresses look uncomfortable enough, let alone carrying around the weight of all that hair and those heavy looking army boots they wear. Now you are saying that even underneath it is controlled?? WTH?????

Also I would love to see some tweezers on that compound.:bang:

Now now, don't underestimate the power of the Unibrow! lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgJqRluOUK4

Now now, don't underestimate the power of the Unibrow! lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgJqRluOUK4

I think I posted yesterday that I cannot take my eyes off the space between her eyes when she is being interviewed. It is very distracting. I am really being shallow, but take away all the things we know about the lifestyle on that compound and all I would have to know or see is the way they dress, the heavy shoes :eek: and the no makeup. Shallow shallow shallow. That is me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela