Was BR involved? #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding BDI, I can't get past the fact that it was Christmas evening, the kids awoke very early and had a busy day. I just can't imagine either child wanting to play after they got home - although both parents said JR helped BR assemble a toy before bed. I've long had the feeling that something happened before they got home.

What lends itself to the BDI theory regarding how late it was and how early they woke up, is the excess energy children seem to have when they're overly tired.

Overly Tired + Excess Energy + Possible Jealousy?/Possible Curiosity? = Recipe for Disaster.

JMHO.

I keep thinking about Burke and the fact that he was playing his video game. I wonder if anyone knows WHICH game(s) Burke had for his Nintendo 64. I want to know if he had any violent games. Sometimes, violence in video games can affect a young one's behavior. I could see Burke wanting to go down to the basement to see if there were any new Nintendo 64 games down there inside the presents. When I was young and receieved a brand new Sega, I would get bored with a game or think "this game is too hard" and want to try another game.

I did some research and found that Mortal Kombat Trilogy (rated mature) and Killer Instinct Gold (rated Teen) were the two most violent games that were available in 1996 for purchase. I remember a friend of mine, Terri, let her son play Grand Theft Auto (rated 18+) when he was ten years old! I wonder if Burke had either of these two games. Is there any way to know? I am leaning towards the possibility of him owning Killer Instinct Gold. Which I researched and was released on November 25, 1996. Would Patsy get Burke a nintendo 64 without any other games? I believe she would have gotten him some games to go with the N64.

Maybe Burke was down there with the flashlight looking for presents to see if there were any more games without the main light on. Then JB came down too and maybe she scared him. Maybe she snuck up on him and said, "Boo!" And in a reaction he turns around and swings that flashlight. Or maybe it was aggressiveness triggered from playing violent video games such as the aforementioned.

I keep thinking about Burke and the fact that he was playing his video game. I wonder if anyone knows WHICH game(s) Burke had for his Nintendo 64. I want to know if he had any violent games. Sometimes, violence in video games can affect a young one's behavior. I could see Burke wanting to go down to the basement to see if there were any new Nintendo 64 games down there inside the presents. When I was young and receieved a brand new Sega, I would get bored with a game or think "this game is too hard" and want to try another game.

I did some research and found that Mortal Kombat Trilogy (rated mature) and Killer Instinct Gold (rated Teen) were the two most violent games that were available in 1996 for purchase. I remember a friend of mine, Terri, let her son play Grand Theft Auto (rated 18+) when he was ten years old! I wonder if Burke had either of these two games. Is there any way to know? I am leaning towards the possibility of him owning Killer Instinct Gold. Which I researched and was released on November 25, 1996. Would Patsy get Burke a nintendo 64 without any other games? I believe she would have gotten him some games to go with the N64.

Maybe Burke was down there with the flashlight looking for presents to see if there were any more games without the main light on. Then JB came down too and maybe she scared him. Maybe she snuck up on him and said, "Boo!" And in a reaction he turns around and swings that flashlight. Or maybe it was aggressiveness triggered from playing violent video games such as the aforementioned.

There are so many violent video games, and I too was often shocked to learn how many of my sons friends had them despite the rating :(

Obviously violent video games = violent actions has long been a hotly debated topic. IMHO, I think if these games do negatively influence kids to violence it's likely they have other issues at play :dunno:

What might be more problematic for someone of Burke's age is that they may fail to realize the true ramifications of the violence portrayed in these games.

Regarding BDI, I can't get past the fact that it was Christmas evening, the kids awoke very early and had a busy day. I just can't imagine either child wanting to play after they got home - although both parents said JR helped BR assemble a toy before bed. I've long had the feeling that something happened before they got home.

Could be. Burke states that not only was his sister awake when they returned home, but he also states she helped "deliver" the baskets on the way home. I just read that on ACR (I think. I can't try and link ATM, anyone?) I had never heard that before.

This is why IMO his testimony to the GJ could have been very damning. I imagine that staying on script was easier in the "friendly", less formal setting of his interviews vs the GJ. We know he admitted to being awake despite the previously stated mantra of "Burke was asleep." What else could have he revealed?

N64 was released in 1997. Was it preleased for that Christmas?

N64 was released in 1997. Was it preleased for that Christmas?

From wikipedia: "It was released in June 1996 in Japan, September 1996 in North America, March 1997 in Europe and Australia, September 1997 in France and December 1997 in Brazil."

Bingo! For the USA it was released in September of 1996.

Also from The Death of Innocence Book by John and Patsy Ramsey page 2..."All Burke really wanted this year was a Nintendo 64 video game system, and Patsy felt she had scored a real coup by locating one just a few days prior to Christmas...."

From wikipedia: "It was released in June 1996 in Japan, September 1996 in North America, March 1997 in Europe and Australia, September 1997 in France and December 1997 in Brazil."

Bingo! For the USA it was released in September of 1996.

My experience of Nintendo, the games released so early would have been limited to their flagship games - Mario, Final Fantasy, etc. Not the violent games you may think

My experience of Nintendo, the games released so early would have been limited to their flagship games - Mario, Final Fantasy, etc. Not the violent games you may think

I have tried to tell all of you that I did my research. From wikipedia regarding Killer Instinct Gold video game......

"Killer Instinct Gold is an upgraded version of Killer Instinct 2 that was released for the Nintendo 64 shortly after the launch of the console."

The exact date I found was late November 1996 release in the USA. And from IGN.com....

Published by: Nintendo
Developed by: Rare
Genre: Fighting
Release Date:
United States: Nov. 25, 1996
UK: May 9, 1997
Australia: May 9, 1997
MSRP: 12.89 USD
T for Teen : Blood, Animated Violence
Also Available On: Arcade

I have tried to tell all of you that I did my research. From wikipedia regarding Killer Instinct Gold video game......

"Killer Instinct Gold is an upgraded version of Killer Instinct 2 that was released for the Nintendo 64 shortly after the launch of the console."

The exact date I found was late November 1996 release in the USA. And from IGN.com....

Release Date:

My bad. Maybe I misunderstood the flagship stuff.
I don't actually put much emphasis on video games. I watched cartoons (bugs bunny!!!) for years with more violence and never killed anyone. My children played games 5yrs old+ and never murdered.
Fact is, murdering comes from within the person first. Outside influences only underline the inherent needp to kill

Release Date:

BigTexas,
Without knowing which games BR was playing, I reckon its going to be difficult to establish any link between BR's Nintendo and JonBenet's death, after all he may only have been playing Super Mario or any of the other similar arcade derived games of that period? What it might suggest is that BR was immersed in some kind of virtual reality, thereby diminishing his grip on reality, this might have been a coping mechanism as PR pursued her pet project, i.e. JonBenet?

BigTexas,
Without knowing which games BR was playing, I reckon its going to be difficult to establish any link between BR's Nintendo and JonBenet's death, after all he may only have been playing Super Mario or any of the other similar arcade derived games of that period? What it might suggest is that BR was immersed in some kind of virtual reality, thereby diminishing his grip on reality, this might have been a coping mechanism as PR pursued her pet project, i.e. JonBenet?

Yes. That is more plausible.

What lends itself to the BDI theory regarding how late it was and how early they woke up, is the excess energy children seem to have when they're overly tired.

Overly Tired + Excess Energy + Possible Jealousy?/Possible Curiosity? = Recipe for Disaster.

JMHO.

Respectfully and notwithstanding "JMHO", is there any reason to believe that....

The kids were overly tired?
Either child had excess energy that night?
BR was jealous?
Either child was curious, beyond previous doctor playing?

Respectfully and notwithstanding "JMHO", is there any reason to believe that....

The kids were overly tired?
Either child had excess energy that night?
BR was jealous?
Either child was curious, beyond previous doctor playing?

I'm honestly not even sure how to reply to this. It's obvious in my post that it's opinion and theory. Besides all of that, your two second questions have been discussed extensively in these threads (BR's possible jealousy and the possible existence of sibling sexual curiosity/abuse - both have been discussed thoroughly).

I'm honestly not even sure how to reply to this. It's obvious in my post that it's opinion and theory. Besides all of that, your two second questions have been discussed extensively in these threads (BR's possible jealousy and the possible existence of sibling sexual curiosity/abuse - both have been discussed thoroughly).

And is there any evidence to support this whatsoever? Not being snarky. I'd be curious to read it as I'm relatively new to studying this case compared to most everyone else and I have seen a lot of speculation and conjecture but haven't seen anything in the form of evidence/facts that support it. Thanks in advance.

Also, am I remembering something I read wrong or wasn't BR cleared as a suspect?

NO, Burke Ramsey has NOT been "cleared" as a suspect. No one has.

Speculation, BTW, is really all we have almost 20 years later.

Thanks in large part to Alex Hunter.

Speculation, BTW, is really all we have almost 20 years later.

Thanks in large part to Alex Hunter.

Meh. Being relatively new to the case, I can already tell you that there is plenty of blame to go around. BPD screwed up the investigation from the get go. Steve Thomas had blinders. Hunter and DA's office capitulated too much. Media was irresponsible in it's reporting. But thanks for answering. I suspected it was speculation but thought I would ask if there were any known facts that supported the allegations.

And is there any evidence to support this whatsoever? Not being snarky. I'd be curious to read it as I'm relatively new to studying this case compared to most everyone else and I have seen a lot of speculation and conjecture but haven't seen anything in the form of evidence/facts that support it. Thanks in advance.

Also, am I remembering something I read wrong or wasn't BR cleared as a suspect?

Nope. Not really. Nearly every single aspect of the discussion of this case is pure speculation.

There is no evidence a family member murdered her. There is plenty of really odd coincidences and behavior, and circumstantial things like who owned the pen/tablet/flashlight and no entry point, but there is no hard fact.
There is no evidence an intruder murdered her. There is plenty of weird stuff like no fingerprints on the ransom note and flashlight, and no specific DNA matching, but there is no hard fact.

If a Ramsey didn't do it because there is no evidence to support it and an intruder didn't do it because there is no evidence to support it... what's left?

All Just My Opinion. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member