Was BR involved? #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am really looking forward to the interviews with BR. I have watched every clip posted and went to the Dr.Phil website as well (all are here..BTW). What I would really love to know is how JR felt about his son doing these interviews.
BR has a nervous smile which is made much more obvious by Dr. Phil's affect. I must admit he asks the tough questions and appears to have done a great job interviewing him (so far...before we see the full picture).

Yes! Dr P's affect seems much more stern and stoic than usual IMO. It's abnormal for him. But maybe it's just that way in the edits for the promos so they can maximize the sensationalism.

I'm disappointed it's not on until 4pm here (east coast US).

I was surprised by both of them. Dr Phil is going to do a better job of this than I expected. I am quite floored by Burke. That is not nervous smiling, that is someone who either doesn't know how that comes across or completely gives no flying foxes how it does. No attempt to suppress it ... if anything it is plastered on.

I was surprised by both of them. Dr Phil is going to do a better job of this than I expected. I am quite floored by Burke. That is not nervous smiling, that is someone who either doesn't know how that comes across or completely gives no flying foxes how it does. No attempt to suppress it ... if anything it is plastered on.
I agree wholeheartedly.
But then again look how his parents have acted throughout the 20 yrs. Shoot they didn't even act concerned after they found her in their own house.
I almost wonder a tinyyyyyy bit if the reason he is smiling is he is goading his dad in a way. Maybe he didn't have "daddy's blessing" on the interview and potential money maker. Maybe he really doesn't care if anyone knows the truth whether he is guilty or not. We've seen it before with perps smiling in a courtroom. Some people really do not know the difference between right and wrong. No moral compass. I honestly think if it was a nervous smile it would have disappeared after a few minutes under Dr. Phil's glaring eye.
Maybe even Dr. Phil had a feeling about him when they were doing the interview which made him even more stern. Maybe that creepy smile was bothering him like it has us.
MOO

I agree wholeheartedly.
But then again look how his parents have acted throughout the 20 yrs. Shoot they didn't even act concerned after they found her in their own house.
I almost wonder a tinyyyyyy bit if the reason he is smiling is he is goading his dad in a way. Maybe he didn't have "daddy's blessing" on the interview and potential money maker. Maybe he really doesn't care if anyone knows the truth whether he is guilty or not. We've seen it before with perps smiling in a courtroom. Some people really do not know the difference between right and wrong. No moral compass. I honestly think if it was a nervous smile it would have disappeared after a few minutes under Dr. Phil's glaring eye.
Maybe even Dr. Phil had a feeling about him when they were doing the interview which made him even more stern. Maybe that creepy smile was bothering him like it has us.
MOO

I was thinking similarly while posting, that they were just as bizarre.

You could be right. He might not care that he is suspected and maybe in some way he even enjoys it. If you do not feel guilty for what you have done and are suffering no consequences that bother you then it's probably not that negative. I mean, if people suddenly start accusing me of stealing the Mona Lisa but I can just close the door on the police's face and say I have finals, and I can sit back feeling superior over the nonsense people write, maybe I will find the whole thing amusing overall too. People in my real life keep treating me the same, maybe they even are in a bit in on the joke. It's just a painting, why all the fuss?

Re: BR turning away the detectives -

BR graduated in May 2010. According to the newspapers, the BPD detectives visited in September 2010.

Re: BR turning away the detectives -

BR graduated in May 2010. According to the newspapers, the BPD detectives visited in September 2010.
:doh: No one would have expected someone to check on that, quest. You're not supposed to question little lies when they come from a Ramsey. :giggle:

(BTW, good catch! :bow:)

I am curious if he even has lawyers. Maybe only JR does. BR is an adult. Maybe his daddy told him he was on his own. They weren't a normal family I have concluded. Maybe daddy is throwing him to the wolves. A good lawyer would've yanked this interview immediately within the first 5 min of taping. He truly looks happy when discussing the morbid questions. Not nervous....happy. CREEPY.

P.S. If he was dating my daughter I would end that really quick after watching this interview. Just sayin'.:notgood::notgood:
MOO

I think you might be misunderstanding what I'm saying. I have a whole set of emotions and behaviors but that doesn't mean some other person is going to follow and react and do things the way I think they should have. So to say, "well if PR were really involved (or not involved), she would have done a, b, and c. because I can't believe a parent wouldn't....blah, blah, blah.

None of us knew PR, or know JR, or know BR. So to say what they would have done and use that as if it was evidence is simply not valid. It's a big mistake. It's one Lou Smit made and he was a seasoned detective. He didn't think a religious God-fearing family would ever be able to do something like this. That's his personal bias based on his own feelings, which were not relevant to the facts. He had no idea what happened in the early hours of the morning, the same as anyone else outside the family had no idea. If one cannot (or will not) put preconceived notions and biases aside then it will compromise objectivity--that's exactly what Dr. Pitt was referring to.

The moment I see someone referring to their own feelings and their own desires in a murder case, that's a flag to me. I saw that flag with Ex-detective Smit and I've seen it in lots of other places, including crime forums.

:goodpost:

She mentions Burke's drawings as a child. Any idea where I can find those? I Googled but came up empty.
I've never seen them before. But I guess he drew the family without JB, pretty soon after her death IIRC. :(

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I am curious if he even has lawyers. Maybe only JR does. BR is an adult. Maybe his daddy told him he was on his own. They weren't a normal family I have concluded. Maybe daddy is throwing him to the wolves. A good lawyer would've yanked this interview immediately within the first 5 min of taping. He truly looks happy when discussing the morbid questions. Not nervous....happy. CREEPY.

P.S. If he was dating my daughter I would end that really quick after watching this interview. Just sayin'.:notgood::notgood:
MOO

Lin Wood said he represents Burke per his tweet last night:

Llinwood @EMauraA @DatelineNBCProd Yes, I do represent John Ramsey and Burke. I have represented the Ramsey Family since Sept 1999.

I've never seen them before. But I guess he drew the family without JB, pretty soon after her death IIRC. :(

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
Yeah, that's what happened. I don't think they're online. According to Kolar, the first counselor who talked to Burke thought the drawing "represented a family that was not attached and it raised questions for her about the typical behavior taking place in the household." She also said that in her opinion, Burke's affect and behavior wasn't "typically observed in sociopathic personalities" and thought it was the result of a dysfunctional environment instead.
In the picture John was flying away in this plane, indicating he perceived his father as "distant and remote." "His mother was smaller than the figure representing Burke's self-portrait, and Dr. Bernhard thought that she didn't hold much sway or influence over him." And of course he didn't draw JB. Burke's comment to Dr. Phil on why he didn't draw JB was weird, he said he didn't really know but she was gone so he didn't draw her. Bernhard said most children who lose a sibling keep drawing them in family drawings for months after.

She mentions Burke's drawings as a child. Any idea where I can find those? I Googled but came up empty.
The things drawn by Burke during his interview with Dr. Bernhardt have not and will not be released (doctor/patient privilege and all that). You've read about the descriptions by investigators who did see them.

There were some other "doodles" that were acquired which (allegedly) had been drawn by Burke. Dr. Glass was shown those sketches for her opinion in November, 1998. You'll find info about this in the following scans:

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Globe - Nov 17 1998.jpg
    Globe - Nov 17 1998.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 682
  • Globe - Nov 24 1998 - Page 1.jpg
    Globe - Nov 24 1998 - Page 1.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 683
  • Globe - Nov 24 1998 - Page 2.jpg
    Globe - Nov 24 1998 - Page 2.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 669
thanks otg.
the first impression I had when I saw those clips from his police interview was that it is a much much younger child, dunno why, the body language, his reactions,covering his face and playing with his hands around his mouth...kinda weird indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay