Was BR involved? #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does downstairs mean the basement? Or the 1st floor where likely the tree and presents were located?

I am wondering about this too. Did he say that he was also wetting his bed regularly at age 9? Unless there is a medical reason for this....yep...big red flag.

In this same portion of conversation about bed-wetting, he also said (paraphrasing), "But all kids do that (don't they?)."

Then after that, in a very soft voice, he said, "It's kind of embarrassing."

If you had broken a really expensive lamp or vase and you knew when your parents found out that there would be sheer h*ll to pay, would you come running down from your bedroom to see what was going on or would you stay hiding and in your room? (The answer is B: Stay hiding in your room).

Just a thought.

On the other hand if you were purely innocent and your mother came bursting into your room and said, "Oh!! Oh my gosh someone busted up your Nintendo games last night!!" Would you rush down stairs to see for yourself?

How about if your little sister was missing and found dead in your house on CHRISTMAS DAY. Think about this now, think of your own children and really place your house in that situation. If you had a child and this happened and your other child just stayed in bed with the covers up past his nose what would you think?

I just keep saying WOW to this whole thing. This is just the strangest set of circumstances I've ever seen. Little JBR didn't go missing, she wasn't kidnapped, she didn't die falling down the stairs. Someone was INSIDE the house did this and in a most unusual fashion. Then, didn't take the body with, didn't take her to a different location. KNEW with near certainty that they would be alone in the basement with no fear of discovery during these unspeakable acts. There is just something going on so wrong here it makes me angry.

So, if Burke is downstairs, and there's an intruder there, and it's a kidnapping plot, why not kidnap Burke?

:scared:Bless him if he had to do that.... seriously he's not still 9 yrs old. He doesn't need his hand held! DP should have did the long silent pauses to let BR fill in the quietness. That would have interested me what he would have said and How he would have filled in the sentences.:waiting::waiting:

DP likes the sound of his own voice way too much for that!!

BBM absolutely agree. ETA As far as the drawings go, where BR drew his family shortly after his sister was killed, and he did not include her in the drawings...I find this unusual IMO. My youngest child still includes his deceased sibling in drawings of our family and it has been a few years since our baby passed.
(My greatest condolences on the passing of your child).

This is the exact response from a child that I would expect. They often continue to include the loved one who had passed as a way of dealing with the loss. As I've posted before, when I watched the video of him talking about why he didn't include her in the drawing, I got chills down my spine.

IMO, until the DNA is sourced to someone, it really can't clear someone else because it could be there by innocent means. If it was DNA from semen and that didn't match the family but was unsourced, I would concede that pretty much clears the family. If it was blood and not related to the family, that also clears them for me. But it was touch DNA (skin cells?) and possibly saliva. To me, I need more info on those before giving them any weight at all.

If Burke is on the spectrum someplace, I will be flabbergasted if they do not mention it in this interview someplace. I would think it would be first thing, as a disclaimer to dispel all of the inappropriate smiling speculation.

I agree-thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me ask everyone's thought on this.
Do you think if an intruder did do it, would they still leave the ransom note behind?

Let me ask everyone's thought on this.
Do you think if an intruder did do it, would they still leave the ransom note behind?

That ransom note was so long the intruder would have still been sitting in the house days later composing it, trying to make it look like Patsy's writing.

IMO there was no intruder.

http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/video/burke-s-version-of-the-story-761687107687

I don't think all of this video extra entitled, "Burke's version of the Story", was included in the Dateline special -- but perhaps it was and just spread out. I believe it was taped 2 yrs after the murder, but, again, someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

Anyway, I'd love to hear some opinions about Burke's responses here. Me, I was dumbfounded by his use of the term"over-reacting" when describing his mother the morning of. It sticks out as more complex and specific than his other verbage - and he uses it twice. Was it a term he learned from his father? Sounds like something John Ramsey would say. Whatever the case, it reveals (imo) that he's still critical of Patsy on the worst day of her life more than 2 years later. Even knowing that his sister ended up dead. I'll even go so far as to theorize that it exposes not just discomfort on his part ("your big emotions scare me, so they're bad") but also a fundamental lack of respect for Patsy, Jonbenet - and the whole situation. He appears to hold his father in much higher esteem, however.

As Burke continues, he also seems to me to be describing events that he has to have seen, rather than just overheard (although he repeatedly states he was in his room the whole time). Perhaps, he's just extrapolating from what he visualized in his head. Or perhaps he was coached. Or perhaps he was lying ... but about what part? And why? At one point, I even thought I heard him start a sentence with "we", but then quickly correct himself. What do you guys think?

If it matters, I'm firmly the Ramseys did it, but have gone back and forth about who exactly did what many times.

When they were playing replays of J & P first interview and she started to cry while talking the look on JR's face spoke volumes. I would hope my husband if in that situation would out his arm around me. Not keep looking straight ahead.

I couldn't agree more. I think what were seeing in that clip -IMO - is his disgust at her and himself too.

John said they were assembling a model on one of the interviews. He said Burke wouldn't go to bed so he helped him finish it.

This after saying he had told JonBenet no to a bike ride on her new bike before leaving for the party. :(

This was on The Killing of JonBenet recently.

I don't think John and Patsy had a happy marriage. I know a similar couple who would also not comfort each other in public. That's actually one of the least odd things to me. I think they just didn't like each other. It does make me wonder why they remained married at all. Money I guess.

Melatonin isn't like Ambien it doesn't knock you out. I don't think that would factor in to whether John woke up or not.

I don't think all of this video extra entitled, "Burke's version of the Story", was included in the Dateline special -- but perhaps it was and just spread out. I believe it was taped 2 yrs after the murder, but, again, someone correct me if I'm wrong here.

Anyway, I'd love to hear some opinions about Burke's responses here. Me, I was dumbfounded by his use of the term"over-reacting" when describing his mother the morning of. It sticks out as more complex and specific than his other verbage - and he uses it twice. Was it a term he learned from his father? Sounds like something John Ramsey would say. Whatever the case, it reveals (imo) that he's still critical of Patsy on the worst day of her life more than 2 years later. Even knowing that his sister ended up dead. I'll even go so far as to theorize that it exposes not just discomfort on his part ("your big emotions scare me, so they're bad") but also a fundamental lack of respect for Patsy, Jonbenet - and the whole situation. He appears to hold his father in much higher esteem, however.

As Burke continues, he also seems to me to be describing events that he has to have seen, rather than just overheard (although he repeatedly states he was in his room the whole time). Perhaps, he's just extrapolating from what he visualized in his head. Or perhaps he was coached. Or perhaps he was lying ... but about what part? And why? At one point, I even thought I heard him start a sentence with "we", but then quickly correct himself. What do you guys think?

If it matters, I'm firmly the Ramseys did it, but have gone back and forth about who exactly did what many times.
He definitely said We at one point. You're right!
What is he mumbling after 1:48? I can't understand him.

So, DP showed Burke the "last photo" of JB but werent there photos found in the basement of her or something? Can someone jog my memory?

John said they were assembling a model on one of the interviews. He said Burke wouldn't go to bed so he helped him finish it.

This after saying he had told JonBenet no to a bike ride on her new bike before leaving for the party. :(

This was on The Killing of JonBenet recently.

I don't think John and Patsy had a happy marriage. I know a similar couple who would also not comfort each other in public. That's actually one of the least odd things to me. I think they just didn't like each other. It does make me wonder why they remained married at all. Money I guess.

Melatonin isn't like Ambien it doesn't knock you out. I don't think that would factor in to whether John woke up or not.

It's definitely not as strong as Ambien. Although for some people it will make them very sleepy and they will sleep for long periods of time.
I agree on them staying together for the money and maybe for BR. Sad really.

Ok, I just watched the second part of the interview with Dr. Phil. The constant smiling is just bizarre. One thing that really stuck out to me concerns the timeline. The fact that Jon Benet lived for 45 minutes up to 2 hours with a skull fracture speaks volumes to me. I believe one of the 3 struck JBR and caused the skull fracture. My guess is BR. I think JR and PR awoke when it happened. Thinking JBR was already dead, they put her in the basement. PR wrote the ransom note. Upon going back down to the basement they realized JBR was still alive. That would explain the gap in time. PR was frantically trying to forge the note which took some time. Had they taken her to the hospital with the skull fracture she might have survived, bless her heart. I just can't see an intruder hanging around for up to 2 hours writing a note and then strangling her. They had all night to get their stories straight and when morning came, called 911 and set the plan in motion. Poor Jon Benet. :(

So, DP showed Burke the "last photo" of JB but werent there photos found in the basement of her or something? Can someone jog my memory?

DP showed Burke the last photo that was taken of her alive and it was from Christmas morning, I believe.

Also given the contradictions that seem to be coming out, I'm very surprised the R lawyers allowed it to be aired

I think James Kolar is involved with next week's CBS special. Maybe their counsel still thought it was better than nothing as a preemptive strike?

Burke can never be charged and John Ramsey didn't write the note. All JR can try to salvage now is the family's place in history.

So wait...he said he heard his parents talking. He said his mom was nervous. And that his dad was trying to calm her down. Saying "okay we'll just call the police" or something. He kind of mumbled. He said he didn't see this. He just heard it. Would he be able to hear all of that from his bedroom???

He's mumbling a lot so it's hard to hear. But does he say something about "until my Dad told me what to do." ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV