Was Defendant Deprived of Her Right to Counsel?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Was Defendant Denied Her Right to Counsel?

• Yes, placing defendant before the television delayed personal notification by her attorney.

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • No, as soon as her attorney arrived he was admitted to the common room.

Votes: 114 41.3%
  • No, defendant went to the infirmary for medication. Surveillance is ever present in jail.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Yes, defendant should have remained in her cell until her attorney arrived.

Votes: 9 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, I will be the odd woman out. I do believe this was a form of entrapment. The depo taken by Baez shows that the SO directed the guards to take her to the medical area for medical treament. They did not put the complete tape on the disc but transferred it to video tape which means it was probably edited. I know they can lie to to try and trick a confession. But why the desperation if they feel they have a solid enough case for the DP/
I find the whole process a little fishy. I don't think they will be able to get it into evidence anyway because it is an edited tape.

Well, I will be the odd woman out. I do believe this was a form of entrapment. The depo taken by Baez shows that the SO directed the guards to take her to the medical area for medical treament. They did not put the complete tape on the disc but transferred it to video tape which means it was probably edited. I know they can lie to to try and trick a confession. But why the desperation if they feel they have a solid enough case for the DP/
I find the whole process a little fishy. I don't think they will be able to get it into evidence anyway because it is an edited tape.

Sorry, Manny.....but, IMO....anything Baez quotes as being "stated" in his depo's, I would take with a box of Morton's. :crazy: But, I haven't seen any transcripts of JB's depo's, either.
Also...IIRC, the prosecution couldn't care less if the tape is sealed or not....as they seemed to say during this past weeks trial. I believe it's more of a media release issue now.
And, I'll need to go way back to find a video, but, reporters swarmed JB on his way into the jail on that day....as he "meandered" in quite a while AFTER the news was breaking....didn't seem like he was going at breakneck speed to get in to see her. How long was the jail supposed to wait to get her some "sedatives" to help bring peace and serenity to this grieving mother?? ( DEFINITE sarcasm there!!) JMO

OK--OK--OK--I give. I really was trying to be nice but am just to nosy. Ya'll broke down all my resistance---I wanna see that video now.

I was going by the quotes and reference to the depositions of the SO employee's. It was in the news on 5/27. Seemed pretty clear to me.

It's pretty obvious the jail also brought casey out into the common area to view the tv for the LP search when they discovered bones at JBP to also view her reaction.

Why aren't the defense moaning about that incident?
Because there was no reaction to bones being found at Blanchard Park. The point is Casey knew what was found off Suburban Drive were Caylee's remains even though it hadn't been confirmed in the media. And she reacted as she did because she knew her defense could no longer include a suggestion that Caylee was still alive. :behindbar

If something like the tape is suppressed until the trial, would it forever be suppressed to the media or could it be released after the trial is over? What would happen to it if it were not used in the trial?

Has JB been given a copy of it yet? If he has a copy of it, then can get it supressed he could sell it later. Meanwhile all this is great publicity that he has it and that no one has seen it. And think how that would look in a book or movie "as JB worked so heroically to keep that piece of evidence out of the trial, how he finally succeeded in getting the evidence excluded and now you can see that piece of evidence that the jury never saw."

Because there was no reaction to bones being found at Blanchard Park. The point is Casey knew what was found off Suburban Drive were Caylee's remains even though it hadn't been confirmed in the media. And she reacted as she did because she knew her defense could no longer include a suggestion that Caylee was still alive. :behindbar

Much has been made of that by NG and that ilk , but as I recall, the guards or whatever they are called said at the time that she did not see what was on the tv because they made her go back into her cell before the news cast started. It is vague, but I do seem to remember that.. anyway I found the pdf file interesting reading.

Much has been made of that by NG and that ilk , but as I recall, the guards or whatever they are called said at the time that she did not see what was on the tv because they made her go back into her cell before the news cast started. It is vague, but I do seem to remember that.. anyway I found the pdf file interesting reading.

She has a radio in her cell where I am sure she can access news stories. She sure has never had a problem seeing what she wanted to on TV - perhaps via Baez's laptop. For someone who is only out of her cell for an hour a day, she sure has plenty of information regarding Nancy Grace - and there's no record of her parents discussing that with her in the jailhouse tapes. So she is getting plenty of information somewhere.

I have to add that our local jail does not offer Fox or HLN or CNN in its jail.

I do believe it is all smoke and mirrors. Stall tactics.

The jail is charged with Casey's care, custody and control. As an inmate Casey has no reasonable expectation of privacy she was in a common area and is not the only inmate to pass through. What doesn't JB understand about this?

It's his "girl" and she deserves special privileges. He has already been caught violating jail rules twice by hugging her so why wouldn't he expect another "hail Mary" pass. I would so dealy love to see him rotting in a cell in the same jail with her. My attorney would NEVER think of any physical contact with a client in jail. It's just NOT done.

Just saw Geraldo,and what a bunch of bunk! Both JB and LB were on and Geraldo had "twisted " the facts once again! I wish I had been set up to tape and could have posted a link,but I'm sure one of our very sharp WS's will have done this!

Just saw Geraldo,and what a bunch of bunk! Both JB and LB were on and Geraldo had "twisted " the facts once again! I wish I had been set up to tape and could have posted a link,but I'm sure one of our very sharp WS's will have done this!

I saw this tonight.......so unreal. Could it be any more obvious that Geraldo is trying to help JB and he all but practically defends KC. It amazes me, why would he want to show favoratism to KC?

Many have mentioned the videos of Baez from Dec. 11, 2008 to help all of us recall what was said. I'll add the videos & articles from this date (along with a few others related to the find of Caylee remains that may also be helpful for discussion) to this thread for reference & discussion. :wink:

VIDEO~BAEZ SPEAKS: Casey's Attorney Makes Comment 8:44
Attorney Jose Baez makes first public comments after discovery of child's remains near Anthony home. (12/11/08)
http://www.wftv.com/video/18259469/index.html

RAW VIDEO: Casey's Attorney Refuses To Talk About Discovery While Leaving Jail 1:33
Jose Baez wouldn't talk about remains found while leaving the jail after visiting Casey Thursday. (12/11/08)
http://www.wftv.com/video/18256205/index.html

ARTICLE: Attorney visits Casey Anthony after body discovered Dec. 11, 2008
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...anthony-attorney-visit-121108,0,7506872.story

VIDEO: Reporters Grill Casey Anthony Attorney About Discovery Of Remains 3:31
Jose Baez is asked about the findings of a human skull near the home of his client's parents.
http://www.clickorlando.com/video/18256360/index.html

Attorney: Casey Not Doing Well After Hearing About Remains
VIDEO: Casey Anthony's Attorney Speaks 2:41
http://www.wesh.com/video/18275046/index.html

Article:
http://www.wesh.com/news/18262249/detail.html

I'm still looking for the video that the OCSD had on the day KC was taken to the medical unit on Dec. 11, 2008. I'll add it here as soon as I find it.

:angel:

Angel Who Cares----Thanks for all you do for us. You are indeed an----> Angel Who Cares:blowkiss:

I saw it as well. I only have one question for GR...why isn't a mother killing her child appalling? He's appalled that the State is pursuing the DP as if Casey is some sort of serial killer? He really should get his facts straight for once. Pursuant to Florida law, the circumstances warrant the DP...so tell him to take it up with the State of Florida...not the SA. Appalled at the State? You have got to be kidding me. Fair and balanced my a$$.

I saw this tonight.......so unreal. Could it be any more obvious that Geraldo is trying to help JB and he all but practically defends KC. It amazes me, why would he want to show favoratism to KC?
But, the State is the one who is out to taint the jury pool? I'm dumbfounded. He couldn't be any more transparent. Giving LKB and JB face time is what...not tainting the jury pool?

I saw it as well. I only have one question for GR...why isn't a mother killing her child appalling? He's appalled that the State is pursuing the DP as if Casey is some sort of serial killer? He really should get his facts straight for once. Pursuant to Florida law, the circumstances warrant the DP...so tell him to take it up with the State of Florida...not the SA. Appalled at the State? You have got to be kidding me. Fair and balanced my a$$.

In a backwards sort of way, I'd much rather the media be questionaing the appropriateness of the DP because it sublimally infers that KC is guilty as a conclusion and we are onto debating the appropriate punishment, LWOP versus DP.

It has somewhat suppressed the effectiveness of claims that KC is innocent and focused it fully on the DP as the issue.

The DP is not an issue if KC is innocent, they can charge her with anything if there is a compelling counter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pitbladdo
Back