Was Tommy really afraid to tell the truth?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I don't believe the story Tommy is telling either. Now, if he passes a lie detector test 100% on this new story that would be different. I doubt he will and I doubt the will agree to one.

I don't believe the "big bad Joe" was a threat to any of them.

They fear someone or something, but it sure isn't Joe.

And the reason he's not in fear now is................because the "Joe" he's referring to is being detained somewhere and can't get to them.

I do believe Tommy and Misty both were very afraid of Joe Overstreet.

Since I have experienced paralyzing fear myself during my childhood and in my first marriage I know it can leave one powerless and afraid of your own shadow. True fear makes a person almost paranoid and the fear is even heightened worrying about what "could" happen.

Plus I have followed criminal cases for many years and this is not a new phenomenon. Many people have known that someone had done an unspeakable crime of murder but was so terrified of the perpetrator they told no one for many years. Most of the time the perp ruled by the fear factor. They either forced the person to participate in the crime and cover up and that way they could threaten them by saying if they told they would go down too. Or they threatened harm to them or their families if they told what they knew.

It didn't matter that JO lived in TN. There are no high concrete barrier walls sealing TN away from Satsuma and Tommy and Misty both knew if JO wanted to come back undetected he could do so or send a thuggy friend.

If he was capable of murdering one child and IMO he is ...then he would have no qualms about harming other children in order to keep his secret.

So yes I think it is very possible that they both were fearful. They were also fearful if they told what he had done they would be caught up in the middle of it too.

Maybe Tommy decided to tell because he knew he could not protect his family if he was in jail. I do think all of this has weighed heavily on him and he is a dad too while Misty and Joe have no children.

I think when Tommy came forth and began cooperating with LE in April he asked them to please monitor his family or have the local LE keep an eye on JO.

imo

I ain't believing it for a second, They( Misty and Tommy) could have called the Popo as soon as Joe was gone, there would have been evidence to back up thier story, The only ones they are afraid of are themselves, afraid of Joe?? I think not

Hmmm. Did they not go because Tommy was afraid, I wonder?

I don't know but none of this makes a bit of sense to me. Werter needs to make a better defense, IMO.

IIRC Timmy and Chelsey left Florida shortly after their baby was born...

Tommy and Lindsey were planning to move to Tennessee, but didn't move to Tennessee because Tommy was arrested..
IIRC Hank and Lisa did move and when LE extradited her back to Florida, Hank went back to Florida.
As I see it all the Croslins wanted out of Florida so IF they feared anyone, it was someone who was in Florida not anyone living in Tennessee..JMO

I think ToC and MC will have a lot of trouble proving fear of JO. Even Grandma Hollars is standing up to him, and she lives practically next door. I think the fear and lying has been more about being involved in taking really irresponsible recreational drugs around children, which caused them harm and violence, and death. They know they were responsible and subsequently covered for JO, obstructing closure on this crime.

And the reason he's not in fear now is................because the "Joe" he's referring to is being detained somewhere and can't get to them.

Although, Tommy may be thinking ahead. He may be moving soon into the same Big House with "Joe". "Joe" could get Tommy on the inside but not TC's family. If I were Tom, I'd be making a deal for a different address. Could this be why he's agreeing with grandma that cousin Joe was the one, instead of the other guy? How many max security prisons for males are there in Florida? :eek:

I always kinda thought "that" Joe was housed separately from the others to protect him. Now I'm kinda wondering if it was to protect them from him.

Oh I believe that Tommy was afraid....because he knows something that can take down someone else. Headless Rat-ring any bells? That someone, IMO, is locked up right now.

I think they all know what happened, no question. What their involvement includes is a mystery to me considering the fact that I believe that Ron is the one responsible for what happened to Haleigh.

JMO though

snipped- I completely agree this makes the most sense to me. Ron is controlling this "circus."

I don't believe Tommy is very much afraid of Joe. I don't believe fear kept him from telling the story to LE. But what could he have told LE to explain why he didn't talk. Could he say, "Lookyhere, we are Croslins and we're always on the the wrong side of the law and we've been taught since we were in diapers not to talk to the law and not to ever rat on anybody and never to confess to anything." I guess he thought he couldn't say that, so he makes up some story that is not very believable.

In that interview with his lawyer, during a lot of it, you see Joe as some passive, mild mannered kid. But when they ask him how he feels about his family, you can see he does in fact have anger in his system, and that to say he's the type to get even might not be a stretch. Even so, I don't think Tommy has been scared of him this whole time. Misty pointed the finger at him early on.

It is a tough job to get the truth out of liars, because even when they're telling the truth, you don't know that.

To me, bearing in mind that we have little Jo vs Ron, Tommy, Timmy, Hank Sr., Orlando, and all the male friends and relatives they have, the story does not ring true. There was reason for Jo to be scared but not the Putnam crew, they could easily handle the little fellow if need be. I think if he tried to hold a knife to Misty's throat, she would kick his butt.

ITA. There is a picture on one of these threads(sorry don't know how to post it) of MC showing Tom her engagement ring and HE was a really big guy then. Maybe someone would post it here. Tom could have squashed Joe like a bug.

Unless Lindsy has moved again, I distinctly remember her giving Tom her new address so he could write to her. It was on one of the jailhouse tapes. Don't know which one but at the time I was thinking--that should have been redacted. Possibly she has moved but at the time it was her Grandpa's condo address.

Maybe Lindsey and the kids are in a safe house provided by_________? You fill in the blanks.

I believe there are more people than cousin JO who would take a shot at these kids, but all of this is only my OPINION.

When someone is an accomplice to a crime, how many times have we heard them say, "I was scared or in fear for my life and that's why I didn't come forward." It just seems to be the catchall excuse for most criminals and more times than not, it's accepted and it works.

Was Tommy lying when he said he went to the mobile home at 10:00 or is he lying now?

If Tommy was truly afraid for his children, his wife, his family, himself, he would have gone to LE that very night and helped them put Joe away for good.

I think perhaps the "Joe Did It" theory has been a backup plan from day one. Misty jumped the gun a little by trying to implicate Joe throughout the past year, but it was always just under the surface with the others as well.

No, I don't think for an instant that Tommy or Misty was/is afraid of Joe.

OMO

I agree. And now for some random thoughts.....

1. How can Tommy's attorney talk on and on about Misty's and Tommy's statements "matching up?" They have had more than a year to get that story together. They had probably spoken of it before and the drug traffic charges left them no choice but to use it..

2. How can Tommy's attorney talk about how Joe (although no criminal background of violence) was such a bad guy? He said everybody knew that Joe liked weapons and liked to fight. Hey, don't Tommy and Ron both have a history of liking weapons and enjoying fighting?

3. Why in the world did Nancy Grace keep saying that "Misty's COUSIN cracked and admitted that the murder happened in the home?" Joe did not "crack", it was Tommy who is her brother, NOT cousin.

4. I loved how Tommy begs his grandmother not to say anything, she assures him she wont and then runs to the nearest media outlet to give interviews on the subject.

5. And finally. Let's say Misty and Tommy's story does match up and they blame Joe. They have some odd story about how afraid they were (yea sure, for a year). How in the world could any of it be proven? No body, no trace evidence...Just the word of two proven liars who are trying to save thier own skins. C'mon now, this is getting silly.

MOO

Would Misty and Tommy's parents be threatening/attempting suicide because Joe O. did something to Haleigh? I think not. If there is a threat to their family, Hank and Lisa are verrrry vulnerable... has there been a campaign of terror going on? Could this be the impetus behind these skewed confessions? Idk, but Hank and Lisa are weighing heavy on my mind.

exactly. & if he was so worried about his kids, why was he drugged up @ the bus stop? Tommy cares about Tommy. Period. He barely showed an interest in the kids, on the jailhouse tapes. With him in jail & Lindsey & the kids out & vulnerable, you would think he would be begging her to move-not stay there with no food in the house, & bit****g about her buying a new blouse. This is my opinion of Tommy. He's a junkie, lazy, bossy, secretive, & he lives a double life. I think, (&this is assuming he's involved), that LE has had him under their radar for awhile. When this Joe crud 1st broke, it was said that a before unnoticed Joe detail which had somehow escaped their attention, came to light. They said it had gone undetected in one of Misty's lie tests. So, based on this, the Joe is guilty story steamrolled. What I'm wondering is this...what if Joe was involved, but LE suspects Tommy as the main or an equal perp? What if LE concocted the 'we believe Joe is the perp' story, just to get Tommy to give up details & dig his own grave. Because that's exactly what he's doing. As far as I know, Misty, Joe, & Ron are remaining mum about their own involvement, but Tommy keeps talking & talking, & digging & digging. In my opinion, he's talking now because he sat in jail & started fretting that one of the others was going to implicate him, so he jumped 1st.

I couldn't believe it when TC and LC were on the phone and she was telling Tommy that she didn't have enough food for her and the kids and he kept asking her to put money on his phone. He is very, very selfish. I don't believe him at all. I think he is a little chicken s..t and only cares about himself, except for Lindsay and what she can do for him. Anyone that has children and does not support them, does drugs, hangs with scum deserves to have the children taken away from them.

I don't think Tommy was afraid of a person, unless you count Lyndsy. I think what he was most afraid of was losing his family and suffering the consequences of his own actions. I still just can't believe that Tommy sexually molested Haleigh. I think this whole mess was to steal the gun and sell or exchange it for drugs. Misty was in on it in my opinion. Something went wrong. My theory hasn't strayed much since the beginning. I posted it in depth here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ighlight=Haleigh+Cummings+structured+analysis...... for anyone who wants to read it, but I caution you to pop yourself some popcorn or make a sandwich...it's quite a read....lol. BTW...there are some other good theories in that thread as well. We have all been thinking long and hard on this case haven't we??

In my theory from back then I didn't really put Misty into the mix because back then I couldn't get a read on where she was....passed out or out of the trailer....now after all the latest news....I think she was involved.

I don't believe for a second that TC or anyone was afraid of Joe. I think that now this story has come together and is coming out, he needed a reason to explain why he didn't "talk" earlier. There is possibly some truth to parts of this story, but I guarantee TC living in fear for 14 mos isn't part of it.

Every single one of these people are drug-using, gun-toting, smack-talking criminals. You can't tell me TC was afraid of some scrawny guy who high tailed it two states away as soon as he could. Not with his connections and RC & his connections behind him. No way.

Besides, if RC had no involvement but knew about this (which I think he did, or at least had very strong suspicions), Joe would be in a river tied to cinder blocks awaiting the gators.

If they had only waited a day or two before spewing this, I may give them the benefit of the doubt. But not after 14 months. If they hadn't been arrested for drugs, they'd still be "living in fear" of Joe.

It's not very often I believe the "I was too scared to talk" defense. Especially when the guy lives two states away, there's no apparent threats and everyone in the guys family is willing to throw him under the bus.

Maybe Lindsey and the kids are in a safe house provided by_________? You fill in the blanks.

I believe there are more people than cousin JO who would take a shot at these kids, but all of this is only my OPINION.

I, too, hope LC and kids -- as well as TiC & his fam -- are being protected right now. I just don't believe it's Joe they need to be protected from.

Something else I just thought about --

From day 1 - TC, CC, RC & MC were throwing out little "hints" pointing the finger in Joes direction without actually coming out and saying he did it. If it's true Joe did this and they feared for their lives, they wouldn't be saying ANYTHING. MC wouldn't have said "Joe messed with me" or "Bumping locks & cinder blocks is Joes MO". RC's statements would have definitely sent MC & TC into hiding. They weren't afraid of him. They've been pointing to him since the very beginning.

No I don't think it is Joe that Tommy was afraid of. I think Joe was involved. I also think something else happened to precipitate the horrible events on February 9. Maybe the gun was not legal to begin with.

But, there are two lawyers out there right now doing the majority of the talking. Ron's Attorney and Tommy's attorney. And to me that says they are both trying to get out in front of something. Unfortunately we can't get into the current booking at Davidson County to see if Joe is being detained... So until we know the answer to that, I guess my theory at this point is it isn't Joe that Tommy was afraid of.

There are a several possibilities of who did what. I honestly don't see any fear of Ronald. That doesn't mean Ronald isn't involved, because you'd have to be deaf & blind not to recognize his involvement, but I'm at the point, (because of Tommy's blabbing mouth), of wondering how much & when it started. I don't see any reason for Tommy to be more scared of Ron than Joe. Yes, he has a lot of extended family members, but does he really believe that GGS or Teresa would kill his kids for his snitching? My impression of the Croslin's attitude towards Ron is this:They don't like him, he gets on their nerves, but they're not scared of him. When Misty was talking to Chelsea on the phone, Ron was brought up. Chelsea said she couldn't stand that 'mother effer'. & then Misty was so dismissive towards him. (& although there was no video, I could 'hear' Misty rolling her eyes, when she said that she wasn't protecting Ron. She was talking about the 2 who were involved-1 who they cared about & 1 who they didn't. & Misty @ some point claimed that Tommy had left the trailer, but then later came back. But in an interview, when GGH was asked who was in the room with Haleigh, she replied with something like, 'Joe & I guess Tommy '. I tended to believe her, because it made sense. Now, when did Ronald find out & become a part of the cover-up? Soon, I think, & the headless rat makes almost no sense, except maybe Ronald had decided he didn't want any of the truth to come out-maybe because it had started over his own illegal activities...stolen guns, drugs, fights, whatever. So, I don't think Tommy is scared of anybody...just protecting his own hide. If Ron or Misty was responsible, I don't think Tommy would hesitate in snitching. Now, Misty is a different story. She early on, pointed her finger at Joe & Tommy.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ouisie
Back