Was Tommy really afraid to tell the truth?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The point is more that even though Tommy had been using opiates for a year and quite heavy, after Haleigh's disappearance he lost a tremendous amount of weight. This could be due to worry, guilt, escalated drug use or a combination of all three.

Generally, people on a prescribed dose of pain meds do not lose much weight, they may even gain it. As with those who dabble in drugs or use recreationally. Hardcore junkies, especially younger ones with an active metabolism, are almost always very thin.

I agree! ToC was indeed haunted! And there was an obvious decline in his outward appearance because of his inner pain!

For those who don't believe Flora Hollars, I just posted a link to an Art Harris column on the "Joe is involved" thread, in which she says in early November that she thinks Joe and Tommy are involved in Haleigh's disappearance. So she has been very consistent and consistent at a time when Misty's stories were highly inconsistent.
http://www.artharris.com/2009/11/05/exclusive-busted-again-misty-bro-tommy-croslin-not-talking/

On the same blog post, there is the story of how deputies found Tommy passed out in the mini-van after taking his son to school, apparently having nodded off after taking a bunch of pills. Arrest after arrest for theft, for drug use. And he looked terrible in his mug shot. The increased drug use (escalating to the point of endangering the children) could be a response to the stress of being involved in the murder or the coverup.

I think Tommy was either involved in Haleigh's murder or he knows who did it or he helped cover it up. He may have just been helping his sister out.

If Tommy is afraid of someone I would guess it is because someone has threatened his children if he talks. I can't see him being afraid of Ron as Ron has been locked up as long as Tommy and neither will be getting out soon. Afraid of Joe...that might be if Joe threatened his children at the time or if Joe told Tommy that he would tell LE that it was Tommy who killed Haleigh and it will just be one person's word against the others.

It is so hard to tell what is the truth. If Tommy had told the truth right at the beginning or even after he was jailed for the drugs maybe he would be believed but when a person changes their story several times they are hard to believe.

Flora is just telling the things that Tommy and Misty have told her and neither of them are honest. She did say that when Joe came home from visiting Tommy and family he was a different person. She might be right about Joe but it will have to be proven and I wonder if there is any evidence to prove who murdered Haleigh. I sure hope so.

I don't buy the being afraid of JO either, especially since she was putting his name out there right from the start.

SATSUMA, FL -- Almost two weeks after young Haleigh Cummings disappeared, the national focus remains strong.

On the Today Show on NBC, Matt Lauer questioned Misty Croslin about her cousin in Tennessee. Croslin said she didn't know much about him, but wondered about him because of a criminal past.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=131859&catid=295

That show aired on Friday Feb. 20, 2009. Ten days after Haleigh disappeared.

This is nothing new, they have mentioned him several times yet now they say they are afraid of him?

I don't buy the being afraid of JO either, especially since she was putting his name out there right from the start.

SATSUMA, FL -- Almost two weeks after young Haleigh Cummings disappeared, the national focus remains strong.

On the Today Show on NBC, Matt Lauer questioned Misty Croslin about her cousin in Tennessee. Croslin said she didn't know much about him, but wondered about him because of a criminal past.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/amberalerts/news-article.aspx?storyid=131859&catid=295

That show aired on Friday Feb. 20, 2009. Ten days after Haleigh disappeared.

This is nothing new, they have mentioned him several times yet now they say they are afraid of him?

You're right Tehc. This story being floated by Tommy/Misty actually began long ago. According to Ronald in the Cobra tapes, it was Tommy who supposedly told him about the Joe/alligators at the dock story during the coldest time of the year when all biological information says alligators are dormant.

Now we've go the newest version of a 6 ft plus tall man, weighing over 200 lbs, being so frightened of a kid who can't weigh 140 lbs soaking wet, living 2 states away with his Mommy and doesn't even own a vehicle, that he abandons all sense of right or wrong and stays silent about what happened to Haleigh?

In doing so he also ignores the very real likelihood of being able to collect a reward for this information that is more money than Tommy has ever seen before?

All because he now says he was afraid for his family?

The same family that's out there now while he's safely in jail and NOW he's supposed to be telling the truth?

I've read all the responses of how a little guy can pull a trigger like a big man, but you know what? When is comes down to protecting his family, a big man can also. I'm no longer a kid, myself, but to this day if ANYONE threatened my family, they would be well served to be vigilant every day of their life because I will make every effort to eliminate that threat.

I don't believe any of Tommy's story.

Tommy is afraid of consequences. He doesn't want to go to prison for the rest of his life. And he may well be afraid that Joe is ruthless enough to do anything to stay out of prison himself.

Tommy is afraid of consequences. He doesn't want to go to prison for the rest of his life. And he may well be afraid that Joe is ruthless enough to do anything to stay out of prison himself.

That seems a reasonable fear, however. In fact, one could say ALL of those currently incarcerated for drugs has that same fear, else why would all those discussions with lawyers regarding plea deals for drug charges?

I can't think of one person who wants to go to prison for life.

But there is nothing that Joe can do which will affect Tommy. They are 18 and 23, respectively. Joe is not a Gotti crime boss with tentacles with a long reach. He is a bantam rooster with no fight.

Would you mind sharing what leads you to that conclusion?

I keep seeing references to how "Joe" is really "Ron" in the latest story and how this whole thing is Ron's fault. What I'm not seeing is anyone backing up those words with evidence that points to that end.

Again, how so? What evidence points to Ron's involvement?

Just call me deaf and blind because I don't think that Ron was involved in Haleighs death or that he knows who was.

There's no way, IMO, that Tommy has been scared, all of this time. IF he's telling the truth about what went down, he may have been initially scared, but he would've gotten past it, when Joe left the state. IF he's telling the truth about the chain of events, IMO, his reason for not talking sooner, would be because he's embarrassed @ his innaction to protect Haleigh & Misty. He'd have to admit that instead of manning-up, he woosed out, & showed an inhuman disregard for a child's life. But...I'm not even buying that. I don't think Tommy would lie for anybody but himself. not for Misty & not for Ronald. If they benefit in the process, well so be it. I just read a report for his drug bust @ the bus stop. He had no problem lieing, pointing blame, (@ his dad, no less), & whining. He was sleepy & needed a nap? oh really? When Tommy later complained, (in a jailhouse tape), that the cops used to stay out of his business & leave him alone, was this the kind of behavior, he was referring to? getting stoned @ the bus stop? with his dope, in full view? Couldn't he have waited til he got back home, to get high? I'm left thinking that he went on a dope run, before dropping his kids off. A man who has so little regard for his own kids, wouldn't give a fig about somebody elses. & just out of curiosity, was it ever reported what powder was found in the straw? & one more thing about Tommy...in a jail tape, he told Linsey that he didn't go to work THAT day, because he didn't have any pills, & stayed in bed.So, he needed pills to get going? Oh really??? But in this bust, he had his pills & was passed out, & I doubt he was on his way to work.

Just call me deaf and blind because I don't think that Ron was involved in Haleighs death or that he knows who was.

Dear Deaf and Blind,
That was my attempt at humor, and I'm am totally joking! I honestly see why you think the way you do. I think this case has been so botched, it will never be solved. If I said what I really thought about the local LE, I would be banned from WS! They need to start all over with this case, and they need fresh eyes to look at it. After hearing Hardy's own son has been arrested for drugs, it give me reason to wonder if there is any connection between the two. That's all I'm gonna say on this subject.

Just to be honest, I don't think Tommy or Misty would be smart enough to use a code name for someone else. It's possible Tommy was scared, but not of Joe or Ron. Maybe of what he knew would happen if he told the truth after 15 months.
He stated a couple of months ago that he would do anything to get out of jail.

I don't think he is afraid of Joe at all. They have been pointing the finger at him for some time, and it's not likely that Joe, with all the LE and media attention surrounding him, would somehow get down to Florida and try and harm Tommy's family. That makes no sense at all.

Tommy is such a compulsive liar, I can’t believe a word that comes out of his mouth. Even when he “comes clean” it sounds like he just substitutes one lie for another, depending on what he thinks will be more beneficial to him at the time.

But in the phone conversation he had with Granny Flo (and indirectly Lindsy), I do believe that he was speaking with the 2 people in Croslin clan most likely to genuinely want to know the truth, so I tend to listen more to them and gauge their reactions to the latest revelation.

Granny Flo was really wanting it to be Joe and not Tommy - I would really like to know why. What does she know about her 2 grandsons that would make her feel that way?

Lindsy asked if it was him (who was responsible) so she was obviously having serious doubts about him at that time. He quickly denied this.

She also reassured Tommy that she was not going to divorce him. We know that she did indeed file for divorce, so did she learn something else between the time of the phone call and the time she filed for divorce?

I don't think he is afraid of Joe at all. They have been pointing the finger at him for some time, and it's not likely that Joe, with all the LE and media attention surrounding him, would somehow get down to Florida and try and harm Tommy's family. That makes no sense at all.

Tommy is such a compulsive liar, I can’t believe a word that comes out of his mouth. Even when he “comes clean” it sounds like he just substitutes one lie for another, depending on what he thinks will be more beneficial to him at the time.

But in the phone conversation he had with Granny Flo (and indirectly Lindsy), I do believe that he was speaking with the 2 people in Croslin clan most likely to genuinely want to know the truth, so I tend to listen more to them and gauge their reactions to the latest revelation.

Granny Flo was really wanting it to be Joe and not Tommy - I would really like to know why. What does she know about her 2 grandsons that would make her feel that way?

Lindsy asked if it was him (who was responsible) so she was obviously having serious doubts about him at that time. He quickly denied this.

She also reassured Tommy that she was not going to divorce him. We know that she did indeed file for divorce, so did she learn something else between the time of the phone call and the time she filed for divorce?
It's real hard for me to listen to Tommy. I don't know why, but listening to him proclaim his innocense, makes me uncomfortable. I feel like everything he says is a lie or self serving-& he seems so desperate. An innocent man wouldn't have that much desperation in his voice. I think he's scared of the truth coming out.

exactly. & if he was so worried about his kids, why was he drugged up @ the bus stop? Tommy cares about Tommy. Period. He barely showed an interest in the kids, on the jailhouse tapes. With him in jail & Lindsey & the kids out & vulnerable, you would think he would be begging her to move-not stay there with no food in the house, & bit****g about her buying a new blouse. This is my opinion of Tommy. He's a junkie, lazy, bossy, secretive, & he lives a double life. I think, (&this is assuming he's involved), that LE has had him under their radar for awhile. When this Joe crud 1st broke, it was said that a before unnoticed Joe detail which had somehow escaped their attention, came to light. They said it had gone undetected in one of Misty's lie tests. So, based on this, the Joe is guilty story steamrolled. What I'm wondering is this...what if Joe was involved, but LE suspects Tommy as the main or an equal perp? What if LE concocted the 'we believe Joe is the perp' story, just to get Tommy to give up details & dig his own grave. Because that's exactly what he's doing. As far as I know, Misty, Joe, & Ron are remaining mum about their own involvement, but Tommy keeps talking & talking, & digging & digging. In my opinion, he's talking now because he sat in jail & started fretting that one of the others was going to implicate him, so he jumped 1st.
after thinking on this awhile longer, (because of his lawyer saying that he hadn't been offered a deal), I'm beginning to think that LE suspects Tommy, set a trap for him, & he fell right in. They knew he was weak, was desperate to keep his wife, & played him like a fiddle. Is Tommy the perp? I guess only time will tell, but if he has been making this stuff up, he'd better hope that the truth will get him out of this jam, because he alone, has put himself knee deep in shinola.

At this point, my head is spinning. I think that misty and tommy are protecting each other. Fear from JO wasn't the reason for their silence. Tommy was w/o a car that night so it makes sense that he or misty called JO and asked for assistance. Jo MAY have helped to hide Haleigh and then threatened them if they ever spilled the beans, he would kill them.

I agree with you 100% as do I believe LE agrees also. There will always be those that think that there is some type of conspiracy(as just was stated in the post that you quoted and were replying to)about the name Joe secretly representing Ron. And I believe it is just as it seems that LE knows that Ron was not involved in his daughters murder, disposal or cover up. And if they do "know" such(that ron&fam were totally&completely involved as many at WS believe) then why has LE not made that family's lives a living hell,(as they have of the Croslins)NOT that I believe it was unwarranted,tho&they even stated such to the Croslins last November that they would not stop, they would keep on with the pressure&that it would get much more intense until the family decided to cooperate and cooperate fully so Haleigh's case could be resolved. Why wouldn't LE be doing this to all the members of Ron's family and telling them that? Wouldn't they be putting the "full court press" on the entire Cummings family also, if they even thought they were ALSO involved "WITH" the Croslins? But yet they ARE NOT. In fact they seem to be quite sympathetic to them, including Ron(who they even have incarcerated)but still seem to have genuine sympathy for him. They did not have to allow him that courtesy of taking him over to where the rest of Haleighs family was asked to gather for the latest devastating news that she's now presumed dead, they very easily could have&would have just told him in his cell or in a detectives office, but they did not. And lastly now it is looking as if he actually could be getting a gosh darn pretty good plea, when everyone including all attys have stated he was the one with nothing to offer up&nothing to come to table with, so alot of them were quite sure he'd not be able to even attempt at a plea. But now it may be possible that he's getting a nice plea bargain in exchange for testimony against Misty&Tommy(that we KNOW IS NOT NEEDED AT ALL WHEN THEY HAVE SLAM DUNK CASE ALREADY)But looking as tho that may too work out for Ron. All of these would be completely opposite of what they are if LE HAD RON "PEGGED" AS THE PERP.There's no conspiracy here and I am betting big that the majority that are stating that Ron's the man, once it all comes out(and thats thanks to that GREAT "Sunshine Law")and the evidence is in black&white and color, and even when the trial or trials are all said and done, the conspiracy will then be that Florida has prosecuted(&I pray given the DP)to "innocent" people and that the real perp Ron has gotten away.Even though I believe that by LE thoroughly investigating& then prosecuting it will be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt exactly who the guilty party or parties is for MOST IMPORTANTLY COMPLETE JUSTICE FOR RON'S DAUGHTER, HALEIGH. I'LL proudly applaud:applause: the FDLE and PCSO for all there 1000s of hours of long, hard work&complete dedication to our precious Haleigh and did not "let up", give up, or slow down in the long journey to seek such justice for our precious Haleigh:applause:

1. When rc spoke with Cobra, he told them JO did it and gave him the addy in TN.
2. Misty told LE the first day JO may have done it and told them he was crazy.
3. Now Tommy has told them JO did it...he says he was afraid
4. Chelsea suggested he did it. She wasn't afraid.

It has been sixteen months and the LE has not been able to implicate him. I would like to know his profile. I always thought he would be the easiest to eliminate as a suspect...guess I was wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aknittedfrenzy
Back