Was Tommy really afraid to tell the truth?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've been turning so many thoughts over in my head since last night that they're all lying there like a pile of mulch. I'm very clear on one thing, though. Tommy was not afraid of physical harm from Joe to him or his family. I think he was afraid of losing Lindsy, and I like My-tee-mouse's point about blackmail. But maniacal cousin Joe? Joe, the crazy-eyed killa who bursts into a house demanding a gun and leaves behind a dead little girl, paralyzing his cousins with fear yet fifteen months later hasn't even been issued a ticket for jaywalking? Pfffft!! It's interesting to note that if we substituted Ron's name for Joe's in this tale, I'd have no problem at all believing it.

IMO the only reason it makes sense that Tommy says he was too afraid to tell the truth about what happened to Haleigh is because......
Florida has the death penalty and ToC is emotionally attached to his lying sister.

I've heard this floated around, but where is it coming from? I don't know where Lindsy and the kids live, and don't care to know, because it isn't relevant to me, but is it really a secret?

I'm not aware that their current whereabouts have been publicized, but everybody in the world knew that they previously lived at the Tyler St address.

I've heard this floated around, but where is it coming from? I don't know where Lindsy and the kids live, and don't care to know, because it isn't relevant to me, but is it really a secret?
Lanie...there are no secrets in that family. Not as long as FH has a working telephone. ;)

The link from the uncut phone call isn't working for me tonight, so I can't review it. But, for a moment last night I had the feeling that FH's news that Lindsy was going to divorce Tommy prompted his "confession". I just wonder if he really planned to have Lindsy call his lawyer when he placed the call. Because I do believe losing Lindsy is the one thing Tommy fears most.

I do believe ToC was intimidated by someone, don't bellieve it was Jo.

The only thing I think Tommy was afraid of was getting locked up for what happened to Haleigh.

Here's something that really bothers me about this story. Tommy claims he was afraid something would happen to his kids. If he was afraid of JO doing something to his kids if he told what JO did, what a man Tommy is to finally spill the beans while he is 'safe' in jail, and his wife and children are out there on their own. So, if this story as told by Tommy is true, which I can't even pretend to believe, to me this says Tommy cares more about getting a reduced sentence than he does about his wife's and his children's safety.

Lindsy needs to have some second thoughts about the second thoughts regarding the divorce, MOO.
exactly. & if he was so worried about his kids, why was he drugged up @ the bus stop? Tommy cares about Tommy. Period. He barely showed an interest in the kids, on the jailhouse tapes. With him in jail & Lindsey & the kids out & vulnerable, you would think he would be begging her to move-not stay there with no food in the house, & bit****g about her buying a new blouse. This is my opinion of Tommy. He's a junkie, lazy, bossy, secretive, & he lives a double life. I think, (&this is assuming he's involved), that LE has had him under their radar for awhile. When this Joe crud 1st broke, it was said that a before unnoticed Joe detail which had somehow escaped their attention, came to light. They said it had gone undetected in one of Misty's lie tests. So, based on this, the Joe is guilty story steamrolled. What I'm wondering is this...what if Joe was involved, but LE suspects Tommy as the main or an equal perp? What if LE concocted the 'we believe Joe is the perp' story, just to get Tommy to give up details & dig his own grave. Because that's exactly what he's doing. As far as I know, Misty, Joe, & Ron are remaining mum about their own involvement, but Tommy keeps talking & talking, & digging & digging. In my opinion, he's talking now because he sat in jail & started fretting that one of the others was going to implicate him, so he jumped 1st.

Oh I believe that Tommy was afraid....because he knows something that can take down someone else. Headless Rat-ring any bells? That someone, IMO, is locked up right now. I figure when Tommy, Misty, and Ron got locked up....Tommy was waiting on Misty to tell the truth about Ron...but Misty wouldn't do it..We hear Tommy at times sayng Misty just needs to tell the truth....She couldn't do it...We even hear Tommy imply that Misty was covering for Ron...So Tommy steps ups "godly moment"- tells what he knows about Ron. I believe Tommy gave specific details and Misty had no other choice but to tell the truth to LE...I also believe that LE took that trip to see Jo during the search because they needed him to corraboate Misty and Tommy story...IMO, that's why it was so brief-less than an hour.

I think they all know what happened, no question. What their involvement includes is a mystery to me considering the fact that I believe that Ron is the one responsible for what happened to Haleigh.

JMO though

Lanie...there are no secrets in that family. Not as long as FH has a working telephone. ;)
Ain't it the truth!?

The link from the uncut phone call isn't working for me tonight, so I can't review it. But, for a moment last night I had the feeling that FH's news that Lindsy was going to divorce Tommy prompted his "confession". I just wonder if he really planned to have Lindsy call his lawyer when he placed the call. Because I do believe losing Lindsy is the one thing Tommy fears most.
Yupyupyup.

I've been turning so many thoughts over in my head since last night that they're all lying there like a pile of mulch. I'm very clear on one thing, though. Tommy was not afraid of physical harm from Joe to him or his family. I think he was afraid of losing Lindsy, and I like My-tee-mouse's point about blackmail. But maniacal cousin Joe? Joe, the crazy-eyed killa who bursts into a house demanding a gun and leaves behind a dead little girl, paralyzing his cousins with fear yet fifteen months later hasn't even been issued a ticket for jaywalking? Pfffft!! It's interesting to note that if we substituted Ron's name for Joe's in this tale, I'd have no problem at all believing it.

To me, bearing in mind that we have little Jo vs Ron, Tommy, Timmy, Hank Sr., Orlando, and all the male friends and relatives they have, the story does not ring true. There was reason for Jo to be scared but not the Putnam crew, they could easily handle the little fellow if need be. I think if he tried to hold a knife to Misty's throat, she would kick his butt.

I just don't understand why Tommy would be less afraid to talk now that he's in jail and can't help to protect his family than he's been in the past year.

I don't know if he's done anything to actively protect his family from the threat. Timmy and Chelsea moved to another state. Why didn't Tommy and Lindsy move out from Tyler ASAP? They stayed for quite a while where Joe and his lackeys were perfectly aware of their location.

The divorce could be a strategy I guess. Look, there's no reason to hurt me, I'm estranged from him.

I just don't understand why Tommy would be less afraid to talk now that he's in jail and can't help to protect his family than he's been in the past year.

I don't know if he's done anything to actively protect his family from the threat. Timmy and Chelsea moved to another state. Why didn't Tommy and Lindsy move out from Tyler ASAP? They stayed for quite a while where Joe and his lackeys were perfectly aware of their location.

The divorce could be a strategy I guess. Look, there's no reason to hurt me, I'm estranged from him.

I would imagine someone has managed to alleviate most of his fears.

Tommy nor Misty were scared of Joe. The whole story is nonsense. They did not live in a gang infested neighborhood where some gang member would get them if they squealed. Misty even went to his home town to spend time with grandma Hollar.

If they had told right when it happened there would have been evidence. The way tommy finally tells it to is rich, he can't get my family now that I am in jail. Misty and Tommy's stories are so far apart and don't forget Misty had a knife up to her throat and Joe raped her. She is telling that story and tommy is calling BS on it.

Tommy must have been so scared of Joe he just let him rape his sister. Give me a break.

If you try to look at it well tommy grew up to not be a snitch, well those kind of people believe in taking the law into their own hands to and would have wasted the threat at the first chance.

No Tommy was not scared, Misty was not scared. Tommy did not stand there out of fear and watch Joe rape Misty and he did not stand there and watch Joe kill Haleigh. The story is ridiculous.

ITA.

I thought Tommy had a reason to be afraid via ratgate, but that had nothing to do with Joe, at all.

The fight between Ron and Joe needs clarity, imo.
LE has the gun, and the gun is too much in the center of it all to not have had a part in what happened to Haleigh, but I don't think Joe would have the guts to kill Ron's daughter, intentionally then stick around and hang up missing posters.

By the time they were pointing the finger at Joe, he was already back in Tenn. and PCLE had to send some LEOs up there to question him, and they came back with no thought that Joe was involved.

One might think that Misty and Tommy are the only ones involved because they keep dancing around the truth, but imo, most of Ron's behavior can't be explained away, if he isn't involved, I'll eat my hat. jmo

Tommy would have been at the height of fear, when he first heard those cell doors lock behind him. There is nothing like that experience to get a person talking. I can't think of any excuse for all of their silence, for this long, unless they ALL had a hand in it. You don't sit in jail for months on end because you are scared of retalitation...jail's a lot scarier than any threat. I don't know what part Tommy played, but the story about Joe putting the fear of God in him, doesn't pass the smell test. He's covering for himself and in the process is covering for Ron and Misty.

Maybe "Joe" is the code word for "Ron" as all the jail phone calls are taped? Maybe Tommy is checking what Misty's story is through calling Grandma Flo?

If Joe was as good with a weapon as Tommy & Misty claim, I'd be afraid, too. After all he was able to hold off Tommy while having a knife to Misty's throat, raping her, then got Tommy to carry a dead child, cinder blocks, and rope to a vehicle, drive to the river, and throw her in. All that with a knife and a gun they couldn't find. The gun they originally went to the MH to borrow/steal so they could illegally hunt deer. Joe must be good. How many hands does he have? I believe they know what happened because they were either there, or involved in the cover-up, and the intimidating Mastermind's initial aren't JO. My vote for Mastermind would be the one who drove at the speed of light wearing an LE jacket and toting an 8x10 because Haleigh was "hiding under the bed". Everyone is afraid of Mastermind II and their own culpability in the actions of that night.

joewithgun.jpg

This guy looks like he's playing with a toy. I don't see anything intimidating about this picture. It doesn't even look like a gun unless you examine it carefully. I've seen scarier guys on TV and in the movies. GMAB

I'd be more frightened of these two below. One looks tough. The other knows how to handle his weapon. I wouldn't mess with either of them.

cat-with-gun_sm.jpg
the-terminator_sm.jpg

No, the fear of Joe, who lives 600+ miles away isn't behind their secrecy.

(pics used are screencaps made with Corel Paint Shop Pro)

ITA.

I thought Tommy had a reason to be afraid via ratgate, but that had nothing to do with Joe, at all.

The fight between Ron and Joe needs clarity, imo.
LE has the gun, and the gun is too much in the center of it all to not have had a part in what happened to Haleigh, but I don't think Joe would have the guts to kill Ron's daughter, intentionally then stick around and hang up missing posters.

By the time they were pointing the finger at Joe, he was already back in Tenn. and PCLE had to send some LEOs up there to question him, and they came back with no thought that Joe was involved.

One might think that Misty and Tommy are the only ones involved because they keep dancing around the truth, but imo, most of Ron's behavior can't be explained away, if he isn't involved, I'll eat my hat. jmo

I agree, when Ron and Misty put that Rat in Tommy's mail box I felt like Ronald was making a statement to Tommy and Misty.
Ronald IMO is psychotic. I would believe that he has Misty and Tommy scared to death. I just don't feel that Joe was the one to hurt Haleigh. Maybe he helped in the cover up and that I still don't believe. IMO the one's that know what happen are Ron, Misty, Timmy, Chelsea, and Tommy. IMO, what ever happen to Haleigh falls back on Ronald and that is why he put that rat in the mail box, and said he would shove a gun down Misty's throat. Ronald is the one that shows the violent tendencies. I to would be scared for my family and self if someone threated the way I feel Ronald threated Tommy and Misty. JMO though.

Tommy says he can talk now because the person can't get to him or his family.

(Again, Joe is free, if he wanted to get to Tommy's family he could. Tommy says he is crazy, yet if we compare Ronald to Joe, IMO the one to fear would be Ronald. Ronald made threats to kill who ever was responsible, made threats to breaks Joe's hands if he stole from him (sorry don't have the link, it's in the Cobra audios down stairs I think.), Ronald is the one that likes to play Russian Roulette, who abused the females in his life and IMO abused his children. I would believe that Tommy and Misty are afraid of Ronald and not Joe. JMO. Joe has guns on his my-space and seems to be an immature 20yr old and maybe he talks a lot of smack, but look at his size compared to Ronald.

Misty has been singing this same tune since Haleigh went missing, if true that Joe killed Haleigh wouldn't Ronald of gone after Joe?
He said he would kill the person responsible if he found them before LE. Yet, Misty has pointed the finger at him since the get go and Ronald did nothing.)

I don't believe the story Tommy is telling either. Now, if he passes a lie detector test 100% on this new story that would be different. I doubt he will and I doubt the will agree to one.

I don't believe the "big bad Joe" was a threat to any of them.

They fear someone or something, but it sure isn't Joe.

When someone is an accomplice to a crime, how many times have we heard them say, "I was scared or in fear for my life and that's why I didn't come forward." It just seems to be the catchall excuse for most criminals and more times than not, it's accepted and it works.

Was Tommy lying when he said he went to the mobile home at 10:00 or is he lying now?

If Tommy was truly afraid for his children, his wife, his family, himself, he would have gone to LE that very night and helped them put Joe away for good.

I think perhaps the "Joe Did It" theory has been a backup plan from day one. Misty jumped the gun a little by trying to implicate Joe throughout the past year, but it was always just under the surface with the others as well.

No, I don't think for an instant that Tommy or Misty was/is afraid of Joe.

OMO

The way I understood this is that the whereabouts of Lindsy and the kids are not well known, so they are not as vulnerable as they were living in the house on Tyler St. Also, I believe they are with or near her family.

Unless Lindsy has moved again, I distinctly remember her giving Tom her new address so he could write to her. It was on one of the jailhouse tapes. Don't know which one but at the time I was thinking--that should have been redacted. Possibly she has moved but at the time it was her Grandpa's condo address.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SleuthPA
Back