Wasn't Caylee a brunette?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
have LE officially announced a light hair or is this just coming from sources? they could be meaning a light brown hair, just a thought.

It just struck me as strange that LE would even mention the color of the hair. I would expect them just to say we found hair that is similiar in length and color to the missing child instead of specifically stating that it was "light" in color. To me "light" means blonde.

Maybe their description of light is lighter than say black.

Also when you take just part of your hair and separate it from the bulk of your head of hair it will always appear lighter. I think the scalp makes the hair appear darker. And a larger bunch of hair as opposed to a smaller bunch of hair will appear darker than the smaller bunch. Does that makes sense? I was a hair dresser at one time. It is always lighter when it ends up on the cutting floor unless it is black.

I am sure there are only small patches of hair left now so it will appear lighter. Hope that helps.

From tonight's Nancy Grace thread - THEMIS posted this and I thought it worth repeating here:

Remember, when LEO or forensic professionals are describing hair color, the range includes all hair types and colors from all human people. Among all the human hair types, Caylee's would appear to be "light." Many human hair types are much darker than a caucasian brunette's hair.

For the deceased, the less hair, the lighter it looks.

I might also mention that from what I have heard, what's really being done here is establishing cause of death and identifying conclusively with DNA this is Caylee.

ETA: Thank you mybrokenwings :)

Also when you take just part of your hair and separate it from the bulk of your head of hair it will always appear lighter. I think the scalp makes the hair appear darker. And a larger bunch of hair as opposed to a smaller bunch of hair will appear darker than the smaller bunch. Does that makes sense? I was a hair dresser at one time. It is always lighter when it ends up on the cutting floor unless it is black.

I am sure there are only small patches of hair left now so it will appear lighter. Hope that helps.

Yes and I know wet hair is usually darker than dry hair, but I've heard it stated on two or three occasions and I wondered why they were making such a point of saying "light".

It's probably nothing but it sure got my mind working. I could picture some guy in a podunk town miles from Orlando who had murdered a child wondering what he was going to do with the body when he gets a brain flash "Oh, I'll put it in a bag and take it to Orlando and dispose of it near Casey's home and maybe they'll think it's Caylee. End of wild imagining........back to reality.

Has it been determined if there were clothes with this child? I have heard both ways. Only reason I could think of for a child to be found with no clothes is if the child was drowned in the tub or molested .

Also listening back to the original jail visit with LA and KC, her answers sound very rehearsed. She says something like ' the officers asked me today, the ?? asked me yada yada, and so and so asked me , I feel she is very close'. sorry I don;t have the original transcript here, but this is her response when LA asked her about where she thinks Caylee is. Who talks like this/ This sounds very rehearsed to me. She is offering too much information to make sur she covers all the bases.

When I heard about the duct tape, the first thing I thought of was keeping the child quiet during child molestation.

Yes, she had brown hair. But it was what I would consider MEDIUM brown, not a super dark brown really.

My daughters both have medium brown hair (my husband and I have dark brown) and their hair is very very light when I see it in natural light. If I pull one of their hairs out of the brush and put it in the light, it has almost a blonde cast to it. Even in some photos it appears blonde.

Honestly, I'm not considering the "light hair" comment as anything other than one persons description of color. Unless I can see it with my own eyes, I'm guessing it was obviously enough of a similarity to Caylee for them to feel confident.

Has it been determined if there were clothes with this child? I have heard both ways. Only reason I could think of for a child to be found with no clothes is if the child was drowned in the tub or molested .

Also listening back to the original jail visit with LA and KC, her answers sound very rehearsed. She says something like ' the officers asked me today, the ?? asked me yada yada, and so and so asked me , I feel she is very close'. sorry I don;t have the original transcript here, but this is her response when LA asked her about where she thinks Caylee is. Who talks like this/ This sounds very rehearsed to me. She is offering too much information to make sur she covers all the bases.

Are you speaking of the telephone conversation with Lee and Casey when she's asked if she feels Caylee is close, she yada yada yadas about the psychologist "asked me this morning.......and I told Mom yesterday......I feel she's close........" or words to that effect? I also thought she was buying time chattering about mom and the doc so she could get her thoughts together before she gave an answer to Lee.

The family always claimed Caylee had "light brown hair". Yes, it looks darker in pictures. Hair usually does appear darker when photographed by amateurs using available lighting. Her hair would probably look lighter in a professional photo using appropriate lighting. Caylee's hair did appear lighter in sunlight and daylight than in pics taken inside the home. The video with great-grandpa wouldn't show her hair naturally either because it was dark and it appeared there was fluorescent lights in the nursing home. Fluorescents distort colors.

Light brown hair can also be labeled dark blonde hair depending on who's labeling it. Let's not forget, not all the hairs on our heads are the same color. People usually have many strands of different colors. What we see when we look at someone's hair are the strands most visible to us are the ones most plentiful - the majority - the ones of the dominant color. Got it?

We also have to remember, the child was in a plastic bag in the Florida heat for a long time, that could affect the hair color.

Thanks for the link about the hair after death.

I think they said there was no clothing on the body (bones) but there could have been clothing nearby. I believe I heard they did find some clothing.

Just another 2cents here. Caylee was swimming a lot.. and chlorine tends to bleach hair.

A lot of the photos I have seen her hair appears plenty light enough that I would call it dishwater blonde. Definitely at least light brown, as a PP said, it depends on the viewer I guess.

Have read Some where ? that after death brown hair turns light.

Caylee's hair looks more like a golden brown... sunlight exposure will see the top layers more on the golden side, than say the under layers. In clumps the hair will look darker, than when viewed as individual strands.

IMO, Caylee's hair was light brown. My three children have dark brown (brunette), light brown and dark blonde hair. I would never consider Caylee a brunette, her hair was not near dark enough for that category.

i think what they mean by "light" is it was not black...
when i see pictures of caylee, i wouldn't say she was dark haired... i would say light brown...
but then things change after death...

"light" is subjective description. interpretation would also depend upon what was behind the hair - if a darker background, hair would appear lighter. and then there are some people who think anything other than black hair is "light."

also, if caylee (i think it is) the "kidnapper" (cough cough) might have lightened her hair to throw off LE.

I thought during that part of the phone conversation that she was being sarcastic. She was emphasizing that she had been asked the same question by various people and was now getting it from him. She was also emphasizing the fact that the jail made her meet with a psychologist.

To me she just sounded like she was getting tired of asking the same question. Everyone just keeps asking about Caylee and where I think she is and not how I am doing.

Interesting, I've heard the opposite happen. (White hair go to dark blonde)

Hi,
That is true also because Grey (white) hair is a result of pigment loss. Natural oils, dirt etc. can cause grey/white hair to look dingy/darker.
(I'm a hair dresser:))

I think that Caylee's hair looks darker than it really is in the singing picture because it is pulled back in a pony tail. As I watched the video again last night, I looked at the color of her hair. Be side her bangs, she had some hair that was too short for the ponytail. When she turned her head to the side you could see that it appeared quite a bit lighter than the rest of her hair.

I think that Caylee's hair looks darker than it really is in the singing picture because it is pulled back in a pony tail. As I watched the video again last night, I looked at the color of her hair. Be side her bangs, she had some hair that was too short for the ponytail. When she turned her head to the side you could see that it appeared quite a bit lighter than the rest of her hair.

I agree. It looks like she has a lot of gold tones in her hair and gold tones reflect light making it appear lighter (sparkly). Ashy tones will absorb light making it appear darker. In the photo's I have seen the more light there is the lighter her hair is.
I would consider her hair to be light brown and possibly dark blonde in the summer time.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmann420
Back