Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to "assumed" THIS thread will be brought over too? :thinking:

Since ima.grandma posted some useful information about the new site!

:wave:

So here we are guys! The night before!

I hope everyone has everything they need. If not, we'll work it out on the other side, all will be fine! :)

See you on the other side Websleuthssssssss! :seeya:

:seeya:

:rollercoaster:

:stay:

:wave::hanging:

I'm going to "assumed" THIS thread will be brought over too? :thinking:

Since ima.grandma posted some useful information about the new site!

:wave:
Absolutely!!!

Sorrell Skye, ima.grandma, spellbound, and any other beta tester. If you get chance please email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

I would like to have your emails on hand in case I need some help with the introduction post I am writing. I will want to include a few things about the new functions and I may need to ask you some questions.

Thanks again for all your help.

Tricia

Sorrell Skye, ima.grandma, spellbound, and any other beta tester. If you get chance please email me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com

I would like to have your emails on hand in case I need some help with the introduction post I am writing. I will want to include a few things about the new functions and I may need to ask you some questions.

Tricia

Emailing you as we speak :)

I’m scared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

did not think i was about 5 days ago but i am too not so much about it wont come back up it is about after it comes back

and the closer it gets folks are talking about junk i have no idea what they are talking about !!

before you go guys

what are tags !!!

So, I could type @CARIIS and it would send you a notification that I had tagged you in a post. I would use this if I wanted to get your attention for any reason, ask you a question, ensure you saw a particular bit of information etc etc.

There is only one thing that worries me a bit about the new system.

If 4 or 5 people can go off into a private chat, to discuss a case, what happens to that thread? If the most knowledgable people go off into their own separate conversation, doesn't that cut off the info from the rest?

I am not sure that I like the concept too much. I hope it doesn't create divisions and cliques...

wow that is a good point the other angle i thought about was it mind end up with people talking more with people that agree with them -- which cuts down a bit on being exposed to other ideas theories

maybe the conversations could be programmed not to "come on the first 36 hours of a breaking story or something so all basic ideas are at least out as a collective group before splitting off

If 4 or 5 people can go off into a private chat, to discuss a case, what happens to that thread? If the most knowledgable people go off into their own separate conversation, doesn't that cut off the info from the rest?

I am not sure that I like the concept too much. I hope it doesn't create divisions and cliques...

I agree. I don't see how that can help the forum. Though it might provide a nice social media interaction platform for some people.

I wouldn't worry too much. As Tricia said, "Conversations" are a good place to go if we wish to discuss things not allowed on the thread. Without "Conversations" those things would still remain as not communicated on the thread :)

I wouldn't worry too much. As Tricia said, "Conversations" are a good place to go if we wish to discuss things not allowed on the thread. Without "Conversations" those things would still remain as not communicated on the thread :)

So I guess you have to hope you can get into the "Conversations", where all the importants stuff is being discussed. or you are not going to know what is going on. To me the most important part of a forum like this is documenting the cases. That is not going to happen in private conversations. I already don't like how so much of of the exchange of information is already forced into private messages, because it's not allowed to be discussed. Those who are not privy to these private massages are just left scratch their heads as to what everybody is talking about.

It stops small talk on the threads .
I've been doing this for a year or two with tapatalk group chats .
When you post on the public thread your info is better .
It definitely works for the better .. imo

Tricia

it's on the way!

So I guess you have to hope you can get into the "Conversations", where all the importants stuff is being discussed. or you are not going to know what is going on. To me the most important part of a forum like this is documenting the cases. That is not going to happen in private conversations. I already don't like how so much of of the exchange of information is already forced into private messages, because it's not allowed to be discussed. Those who are not privy to these private massages are just left scratch their heads as to what everybody is talking about.

I think threads will poop out much faster with that feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member