Websleuths is MOVING to a new home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ha

this almost feels like the old days waiting at the gate until the plane takes off !!

AND then on the end of the flight not sure when the flight will arrive

ha thats funny

( for our youngins in the old days getting a plane was a wonderful delightful relaxing experience! )

I’m active with public forum threads, and use PMs to answer questions or share info that can’t be shared in the threads. I don’t see that changing over much. And I’ve never had it take away from what was going on in the thread 🤷*♀️

But if I understand it correctly, "Conversations" will be a thread in their own. So once you start using it, it will continue one and on, unlike PMs. The current PM system is pretty limited. But this sounds like it will expand it greatly.

But if I understand it correctly, "Conversations" will be a thread in their own. So once you start using it, it will continue one and on, unlike PMs. The current PM system is pretty limited. But this sounds like it will expand it greatly.

Now a PM can continue as long as you or the other continue it. Once your box is full, you have to delete or archive to receive more but it’s potentially ongoing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what is word for edit

is deleting a post very similar to this

You are not alone the second i opened my eyes i came to this thread its like trying to learn as much before one had better know what they are doing or could miss a big story!

the tags thing scares me have no clue ehat that means

pls tell me it is nothing like that reditt thing

that place is awful (not only in the way it looks but the people as well!)

it is not at all like Reditt! it is much like here, just a few different names for the icon identifiers or more options to choose. The color might be the biggest change. Don't worry about tags. I have never used tags, still don't know if they work (apparently they show up in your alerts, which is like getting notified of a PM here).

I wonder if people can keep it on forever??

boy that would be like coming on and seeing 42 PM in your inbox ahhhhhhhhhh

The testing was offered to everyone, just saying. jmo
My observation. I was markedly surprised to find so very few beta testers compared to member registration. Tricia’s post inviting all members to test and join the party was all-inclusive. I feel it unfair to criticize now. I love constructive opinions about tweaking later and feel WS Admin is open to those. I expect some controversy but hope there’s not a riot.

Edit is to change, make a correction, add info. Or it can be to delete your post.

hi honey

i meant over there are they called the same thing and done the same way as here

can you stay logged in as long as your want (like the little box here?)

what are those buttons called spell

Now a PM can continue as long as you or the other continue it. Once your box is full, you have to delete or archive to receive more but it’s potentially ongoing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the biggest change is that with PMs, if they get too long you have to delete part of the previous conversation before replying (if you included it in your reply). This will enable all your chatting to stay in the Conversation thread. That is a positive change, I would guess.

I wonder if we are going to be limited in the number of conversations, PMs currently have to be constantly deleted to allow new contact. That may no longer happen, I'm not sure.

I am starting to think they may actually be much better after all. I know I have had some I wanted to save, but did not save when I cleaned out my box.

what is word for edit

is deleting a post very similar to this

I don't think deleting a post is an option over on the new site - Unless Spellz or someone knows if this progressed since I last visited the test site.

hi honey

Yes they are still called the same thing. And yes you can stay logged in using the remember me box.

Funny this AM I thought hummm

i tried to beta test and got timed out

this morning i thought I wonder if Tricia and the mods said he is an ok poster but we sure as heck dont want him on this beta test he could drive us all nuts !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hi honey

You're asking my aged brain to remember the name of those thingies? Ha! Icons maybe?

Yes, you can "stay logged in" forever if you mark the box.

"edit" still says "edit"

Yes, and no. It can go on indefinitely, but it is inconvenient. You have to start deleting a lot of the quotes, or the thread becomes distorted. But with the new system, it will be just as easy as posting in the public thread.

My observation. I was markedly surprised to find so very few beta testers compared to member registration. Tricia’s post inviting all members to test and join the party was all-inclusive. I feel it unfair to criticize now. I love constructive opinions about tweaking later and feel WS Admin is open to those. I expect some controversy but hope there’s not a riot.

I was also surprised grandma there were many who signed up and much more who didn't. It was offered!

I have to go in a minute, so if WS is down when I get back this afternoon See you all in a couple of days. I hope anyway I will see you!

I don't think deleting a post is an option over on the new site - Unless Spellz or someone knows if this progressed since I last visited the test site.

Oh CARIIS! it can only happen to you. :shame:

Did you log in a second time once you were there, with your regular WS login?

Oh. good. lord. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys have no idea how many posts I hav have deleted after a dash of after thought!!

especially once I caught on to the rules!!

To be frank I never heard of TOS and in reality learned them through the Time Out teaching method !!!

I wonder if people can keep it on forever??

boy that would be like coming on and seeing 42 PM in your inbox ahhhhhhhhhh

I think they will. I guess it will be great for when moderators close threads down. The "Conversations" will continue forever. LOL.

Oh. good. lord. !!!!!!!!!!!!!

you guys have no idea how many posts I hav have deleted after a dash of after thought!!

especially once I caught on to the rules!!

To be frank I never heard of TOS and in reality learned them through the Time Out teaching method !!!

:giggle: CARIIS you are cracking me up today!!

You can go in edit your post and type "deleted" though, to remove what you said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ColeTyler