Websleuths is MOVING to a new home

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
it is not at all like Reditt! it is much like here, just a few different names for the icon identifiers or more options to choose. The color might be the biggest change. Don't worry about tags. I have never used tags, still don't know if they work (apparently they show up in your alerts, which is like getting notified of a PM here).

Thank goodness for that! I rarely read that hot mess site :rolleyes:

Yes, and no. It can go on indefinitely, but it is inconvenient. You have to start deleting a lot of the quotes, or the thread becomes distorted. But with the new system, it will be just as easy as posting in the public thread.

I guess that depends on your definition of inconvenient. I tend to keep the most recent one with the stuff I have deleted from my reply so if I need to refer back to something said earlier I can but like most conversations via text or email it isn’t really necessary as the chat evolves - for me anyway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh CARIIS! it can only happen to you. :shame:

Did you log in a second time once you were there, with your regular WS login?

yes i got in

then slowly realized i had no buttons to post !

then I think it was naaeski who informed that i was on TO on the new forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the two password step made sense to me so i did not have problem there and i def got in

then sent an invitation to go away!!!!!!!!!!

they were busy but I pmed a couple of times to tell them

yes i got in

then slowly realized i had no buttons to post !

then I think it was naaeski who informed that i was on TO on the new forum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the two password step made sense to me so i did not have problem there and i def got in

then sent an invitation to go away!!!!!!!!!!

they were busy but I pmed a couple of times to tell them

That was me. I looked at your profile on the new site and saw you were timed out in the first 5 minutes - hilarious!

I don't think deleting a post is an option over on the new site - Unless Spellz or someone knows if this progressed since I last visited the test site.

Not yet .. but we will

but you can edit your post and remove your typing, and just let it say "deleted"

I guess that depends on your definition of inconvenient. I tend to keep the most recent one with the stuff I have deleted from my reply so if I need to refer back to something said earlier I can but like most conversations via text or email it isn’t really necessary as the chat evolves - for me anyway

And quite honestly most PMs I have are ‘here’s the answer so I don’t get a TOS’ with a response of ‘thanks’ and that’s as far as it goes

I don't think deleting a post is an option over on the new site - Unless Spellz or someone knows if this progressed since I last visited the test site.
That’s how I remember it. You can delete draft or use the undo/redo.

humm humm

is there a reason not one person has stated: No it looks nothing reddit !!!

is it like each post is indented to the right each time?

humm humm

Spellbound answered you and said it’s nothing like Reddit-

it is not at all like Reditt! it is much like here, just a few different names for the icon identifiers or more options to choose. The color might be the biggest change. Don't worry about tags. I have never used tags, still don't know if they work (apparently they show up in your alerts, which is like getting notified of a PM here).

ha

Kaboom your name

might be applied to saying goodbye for a couple of days!!

That was me. I looked at your profile on the new site and saw you were timed out in the first 5 minutes - hilarious!

first thought just now

wow that is impressive that she knew how to find a profile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(My dog is gonna be sooooooooooo unimpressed with no Websleuth's for a few days. It means I have time to teach her the "quiet" command :giggle: Her barking is out of control!)

humm humm

IT LOOKS NOTHING LIKE REDDITT!!

​it looks just like it does here.

(My dog is gonna be sooooooooooo unimpressed with no Websleuth's for a few days. It means I have time to teach her the "quiet" command :giggle: Her barking is out of control!)

honestly, for the first time in my doggie life i just let lady run the place

she is a coonhound and cannot control the fact that her bark is incredible -- and at a different pitch

it is LOUD and piercing and is often like a boo when she first starts it is sudden onset

she is def diff that any other animal baby I have had

nose is def stronger makes sense she is a hound!!

first thought just now

wow that is impressive that she knew how to find a profile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because it’s that easy. I’m telling y’all. You’re worried about nothing.
Adding: I hope that doesn’t sound disrespectful. I only want you to be reassured that WS will continue on as the great forum it always has been.

Is there an edit time frame limit like here

There must be .. I just tried and could not edit a post from a long time ago. Maybe they can add that function later? I would at least like to correct typos sometimes that I don't discover soon enough to edit now,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odiwakar