Websleuths is MOVING to a new home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will the existing links to threads that we have saved/bookmarked still work on the new site, or will the URLs change?

THey should transfer over no problem but let me double check with Dave on this just to be sure

I love the new look so I'm excited.............. I have one worry..... What will I do without Websleuths all that time?!!!!! :D (Other than that, it will all be fine! :lol:)

Remember to check the Websleuths FACEBOOK page and our TWITTER account while Websleuths is down.

You can start a thread on our Facebook page and discuss a current case if you like. We will be posting updates on FB and Twitter throughout the downtime.

WAIT, something Niner said reminded me to ask... will we have more emoticons/smileys etc? There are only a few over there now.

Ok... I'm gonna go ahead and stop spamming now. Sorry, I'm just so excited! :floorlaugh:

Yes, we will be bringing over more smileys but it is not near the top of our priority list. We will get to this as soon as possible :)

I am so happy you are excited. YEEEEHAAAA!!!!!

Remember to check the Websleuths FACEBOOK page and our TWITTER account while Websleuths is down.

You can start a thread on our Facebook page and discuss a current case if you like. We will be posting updates on FB and Twitter throughout the downtime.

Thanks Tricia! Looking forward to the new site going live! [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, we will be bringing over more smileys but it is not near the top of our priority list. We will get to this as soon as possible :)

I am so happy you are excited. YEEEEHAAAA!!!!!

Thank youuuu!

[emoji1323][emoji1323][emoji1323][emoji1323][emoji1323][emoji1323] dancing into the new site [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the current forum set up and all data being backed up just in case?

Yes indeed. Dave will back up all the data as close as he can before the site goes down and the work starts.

We are not going to need a back up because I am confident that nothing will go wrong BUT, just in case we do need the backup it will be current and at most lose a day's worth of posts.

Will I still be able to find my "subscribed" threads with one easy click??

Yes, I believe so but I am going to double check and get back to you.

Exactly my thoughts. What are we supposed to do -- copy down every single one of our posts? I doubt anyone is going to do that. Guess they'll just be lost, which is a shame because there is great work/references that have been built here that's all for naught now. And for what? A new look? I think the content is the most important thing and the site is fine enough as is. To lose all these posts and all these forums is extremely sad.

Hold on. Where has anyone even hinted posts will be lost? This is a very negative attitude, totally unnecessary and flat out WRONG!

The only things that will be lost will be if you made a comment or made an actual blog on Websleuths. CLICK HERE and look at the blog area. The only reason we will lose the blog area is Xenforo does not offer an option for personal blogs.

All of our archives will be intact. If something goes wrong we have a backup.

Have faith OK?

Exactly my thoughts. What are we supposed to do -- copy down every single one of our posts? I doubt anyone is going to do that. Guess they'll just be lost, which is a shame because there is great work/references that have been built here that's all for naught now. And for what? A new look? I think the content is the most important thing and the site is fine enough as is. To lose all these posts and all these forums is extremely sad.

No, no, no. Sorry to jump in here, Tricia, but I just want to reassure this member (and any others who are thinking the same thing) that the ENTIRE WS Forum is moving to the new software.

We're not starting WS from scratch. To put it most simply, WS is getting a fresh new look and some very cool new features, but ALL of the forums, cases, threads, and posts that are on WS will move with us.

The ONLY thing the new software does not have is the personal blog section that Tricia linked in the first post of this thread. It's a separate area that very few members even knew existed and even fewer ever utilized. The new XenForo software doesn't support personal blogs, but that has NOTHING to do with our case threads and forums.

I hope this makes sense to everyone. All of your posts will transfer to the new forum. All of our cases, new and old, will be in the new forum.

Please PM Tricia or a moderator if you have further concerns or questions about this. :)

An earlier post states that all of the data on the forum will transfer except for the blogging option. I cannot imagine losing any information including but not limited to the JonBenet, Caylee Anthony, Madeleine McCann, et al, cases that contain so much valued information stored.

Will someone please post the link to the new website? TIA

An earlier post states that all of the data on the forum will transfer except for the blogging option. I cannot imagine losing any information including but not limited to the JonBenet, Caylee Anthony, Madeleine McCann, et al, cases that contain so much valued information stored.

New website will still be at websleuths.com

re Bold, Beta version. you won't get anywhere unless you already signed up to test the Beta

Thank you Spellbound

Those colors you are talking about came as is from Xenforo. Xenforo really knows what they are doing. The reason the type is tiny or there isn't enough color contrast is because those functions are ones that you will rarely use therefore they shouldn't jump out at you.Let me add a "but" here and that is there may be places on the forum where the color contrast is bad and it is on a function you do use a lot. We will be looking at these functions when the forum goes live and make needed adjustments if necessary.

Spellbound can you tell me exactly what functions you are talking about?

No problem with actual functions, Tricia. But the color scheme is impossible for many of us with vision problems. Particularly the light yellow print or light gray print. Can the font color be made darker? Screenshot with red arrows for my areas of concern --- I realiy cannot read them at all unless I enlarge my screen A LOT.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0F3C185B-41C9-4DDA-B5C9-BFE3A3872F09.jpg
    0F3C185B-41C9-4DDA-B5C9-BFE3A3872F09.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 503
Oh great news! I love the new site.

Spellz, ima.grandma, Jewels, Horror, HamSandwich & all the rest that have been testing along with me, are ya ready?! ;)

I'm as ready as I can get. I think. I hope. Yeah, I'm ready! I was glad to have the chance to try it out first .. at least I won't hesitate to hop in when it arrives. Keep on cheering us on, AnaPisces! :cheer:

No, no, no. Sorry to jump in here, Tricia, but I just want to reassure this member (and any others who are thinking the same thing) that the ENTIRE WS Forum is moving to the new software.

We're not starting WS from scratch. To put it most simply, WS is getting a fresh new look and some very cool new features, but ALL of the forums, cases, threads, and posts that are on WS will move with us.

The ONLY thing the new software does not have is the personal blog section that Tricia linked in the first post of this thread. It's a separate area that very few members even knew existed and even fewer ever utilized. The new XenForo software doesn't support personal blogs, but that has NOTHING to do with our case threads and forums.

I hope this makes sense to everyone. All of your posts will transfer to the new forum. All of our cases, new and old, will be in the new forum.

Please PM Tricia or a moderator if you have further concerns or questions about this. :)

Okay, thank you -- I misread your post from before and thought it was referring to all posts, but it just referred to "blog" posts. My mistake.

I am exited and I am sure this will be my first time on a computer that everything is going to be painfree. I will cherish it always:happydance: :seeya:

No problem with actual functions, Tricia. But the color scheme is impossible for many of us with vision problems. Particularly the light yellow print or light gray print. Can the font color be made darker? Screenshot with red arrows for my areas of concern --- I realiy cannot read them at all unless I enlarge my screen A LOT.

attachment.php

Dave responded to your post on the test forum that you needed to make a separate thread about it over there.

Dave responded to your post on the test forum that you needed to make a separate thread about it over there.

I did that already. Tricia asked me about my previous post here so I was responding to that.
(He told me it was not a Support Ticket item, and it is in the Beta/General Discussion area)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member