Websleuths & Members Participating in New Groundbreaking Docu-series

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I listened to a few minutes of the podcast, and uhhh.... well, the only thing I remember is... they gave a shout-out to PB. (Now how long has it been since he was here???)

:silenced:

Rachel and Josh NEVER came back to Websleuths to respond to my question directed specifically AT THEM. NEVER.

I concur with Mystery Attic.
I have not been on top of who you are RAchel and Josh - who are you and what exactly are you
doing? I think - you are making a movie? Can u please re-fresh this information why you are
on Websleuths asking questions of the LISK case? and Melissa's phone and the story breaking
of the calls to her cell phone?
Hi, hoot owl. I'm sorry your question wasn't answered. I missed it earlier, and that's probably the case for Josh and Rachel.

If you go to this thread, you will find more information about the upcoming docu-series. If you still have questions about Josh and Rachel's participation with Websleuths, send them in a private message to Tricia. She'll be more than happy to answer them for you.

Docu_Series/Websleuths

I listened to a few minutes of the podcast, and uhhh.... well, the only thing I remember is... they gave a shout-out to PB. (Now how long has it been since he was here???)

:silenced:
You should listen to the entire broadcast. It was quite an interesting one. A few of our members talked about their work and findings on the LISK UID's. You can hear the show at this link to Tricia's True Crime Radio show archives.

http://www.truecrimeradio.com/radio-archives/josh-zeman-rachel-mills-radio-archive-aug-2015/

Foreigner,

I got the idea that they are focusing their efforts on how the online community helps solve missing persons cases. They also mentioned the word "creepy" several times. I think they are going to put together a creepy "documentary" about the missing women and that is it. It does not really surprise me. Once again these women are used and exploited. This time it is their deaths, not their bodies getting used.
I don't know how "creepy" the docu-series will be, though in and of itself, the subject matter is "creepy", and I can't imagine a study of serial murders that wouldn't be disturbing. I feel confident that Josh and Rachel are sincere in their interest to bring attention to the unsolved crimes. And who can scoff at an effort to place missing and murdered victims at the forefront of public consciousness. Would it be better that their names go forgotten?

I'm afraid I feel the same with mysteryattic about the word "creepy" .

If I describe this case with two words these are "hypocrisy" and "corruption".

Just one example out of dozens of clear ill-will by the police.

We have a baby girl, but she is listed "SEX:UNSURE" on NAMUS.

Now why would a PD file an UID victim like that? Is this creepy? No, it is not. It is nefarious.

Building a story around "creepy" will help nothing but to add to the smoke screen pumped up by the LE.

Nothing is "creepy" in this case.. But there is corruption and wickedness. It's just sad to see that police has no intention to take a step forward, because these girls are prostitutes from poor families.

Look at the "enthusiasm" in John Bitrolff and Leah Cuevas cases. I feel like these two monsters will walk scot free, I hope I'm wrong.

To Danse_Macabre

I find it odd and kind of disappointing that Danse_Macabre ask us WS members for information about the case, and then when they get a serious response, with the info they asked for (see my 08-11-2015 response in the above post), it seems that they don't even care to look for it and/or give a hint that they actually saw/read it.

I responded to one of their requests August 11, 2015 and used quite some time to put together an extensive post about the subject the asked about, but apparently all in vein :(

Also, I was contacted by one of the two Danse_Macabre people back in mid July and I replied to his email but never heard anyting back, so I´m not that impressed by the Danse_Macabre project so far I'm sorry to say.

Dear Theforeigner,

Your work and dedication on Websleuths is very impressive and always greatly appreciated.

I want to assure you Rachel and Josh (AKA Danse_Macabre) appreciate everyone's work. Please understand they are literally on the road every day, going across the nation filming, doing interviews, research and on and on.

It would not be surprising if Josh and Rachel's schedules have prevented them from checking this thread.

Rachel and Josh are always gracious and have on many occasions expressed how impressed they are with the work done by Websleuths members.

If Josh and Rachel were not the caring and honest people I have found them to be I would never have agreed to allow their access to Websleuths and our members.

I will make sure they see the posts on this thread.

Tricia

Foreigner,

I got the idea that they are focusing their efforts on how the online community helps solve missing persons cases. They also mentioned the word "creepy" several times. I think they are going to put together a creepy "documentary" about the missing women and that is it. It does not really surprise me. Once again these women are used and exploited. This time it is their deaths, not their bodies getting used.

mysteryattic,

Josh and Rachel are dedicated to finding out the identities of all of these victims so their loved ones will have some peace knowing what happened.

What happened to them was very creepy.

The victims of these killers need to have a spotlight on them to get people to care again. As of now the mainstream media does nothing with these women. Josh and Rachel are working their behinds off to see that someone pays attention.

The worst thing would be if Rachel and Josh did not film their docu-series. At least now the victims will be brought to the forefront of mainstream America like never before.

If Josh and Rachel did not have pure intentions they would never have been allowed on Websleuths.

Tricia

mysteryattic,

Josh and Rachel are dedicated to finding out the identities of all of these victims so their loved ones will have some peace knowing what happened.

What happened to them was very creepy.

The victims of these killers need to have a spotlight on them to get people to care again. As of now the mainstream media does nothing with these women. Josh and Rachel are working their behinds off to see that someone pays attention.

The worst thing would be if Rachel and Josh did not film their docu-series. At least now the victims will be brought to the forefront of mainstream America like never before.

If Josh and Rachel did not have pure intentions they would never have been allowed on Websleuths.

Tricia

I'm not trying to arm wrestle with anyone, or cast aspersions. But there are 2 schools of law that know more about this case than anyone on this site will ever know. The first is NYPD and the 2nd is SCPD. That's it. NYPD knows an awful lot, and SCPD knows much more, even more than NYPD knows.

NO ONE on this site will EVER know exactly what LE knows, because LE is keeping it under their hat.

A docu-drama on the travesty and the tragedies that these families have suffered has already been picked at by all the other media vultures and predators out there.

I'm not trying to arm wrestle with anyone, or cast aspersions. But there are 2 schools of law that know more about this case than anyone on this site will ever know. The first is NYPD and the 2nd is SCPD. That's it. NYPD knows an awful lot, and SCPD knows much more, even more than NYPD knows.

NO ONE on this site will EVER know exactly what LE knows, because LE is keeping it under their hat.

A docu-drama on the travesty and the tragedies that these families have suffered has already been picked at by all the other media vultures and predators out there.

Hi Everyone.... Thanks for taking the time to vocalize your concerns. All the cases we are working on deserve caring people like you to be watchdogs for lack of a better word. I apologize for not getting back to everyone individually or being able to engage in the level of detail I wish I (we) could.

Tricia is right, we are literally on the road almost every day. I just got back from Daytona and flying back out on Wednesday. Our month in Sept is packed between Daytona, Boston, Albuquerque, DC, and AC. In all those places, we are meeting with LE, Families, People in the community, Journalist, Sex worker advocates, and many others. We are committed to not allowing these cases to die and are working closely with those involved in each in any way we can to help that not happen.

We are not rehashing these cases, we hope to move them forward in some way, shape or form and with the help and support from websleuthers like yourselves, we think we can. Thanks for all who have participated so far and for those who have answered questions our many questions.

Please, if you have any questions on what we are doing please PM us. It might take a bit for us to return your message but know we will get back to them when we can.

Rachel & Josh

To Danse_Macabre

I find it odd and kind of disappointing that Danse_Macabre ask us WS members for information about the case, and then when they get a serious response, with the info they asked for (see my 08-11-2015 response in the above post), it seems that they don't even care to look for it and/or give a hint that they actually saw/read it.

I responded to one of their requests August 11, 2015 and used quite some time to put together an extensive post about the subject the asked about, but apparently all in vein :(

Also, I was contacted by one of the two Danse_Macabre people back in mid July and I replied to his email but never heard anyting back, so I´m not that impressed by the Danse_Macabre project so far I'm sorry to say.

Hi Foreigner,

It's funny, your name just came up earlier this week when we were in the field down in Florida. We were interviewing Hugh Auslander.

Unfortunately, we cannot respond to every post on websleuths as Josh and I are constantly on the road but we do read them. As far as not responding to you personally, we wanted to speak with you but my colleague received a message saying you were too busy, so we were disappointed. If that changes please do let us know. Everyone on Websleuths says, "have you spoken to theforeigner?" =)

Thanks for all the work you've done on websleuths, we hope we can do websleuths justice in the series, I know we are working our a$$ to do so.

Best,
Rachel & Josh

Rachel and Josh NEVER came back to Websleuths to respond to my question directed specifically AT THEM. NEVER.

I concur with Mystery Attic.

Hi hoot owl,

I'm sorry to not have responded to you personally, it's probably not clear how much we are in the field but we are thankful for each post directed to us. This series is incredibly in depth and being executive produced by an Oscar winning director. There is the world of Discovery ID, filled with recreations and sensationalism of serial killers and murder -- WE ARE NOT THAT. We are not looking to rehash the murders in the 5 cases we are covering for the sake of rehasing, we are going in depth dealing with larger issues - systems at play in our system, databases, LE, the internet, the missing, etc... I can't go completely in detail since this is a public forum.

Thank you for engaging. Websleuthers are a big part of our series and we continue to be impressed by the community.

Very Best,
Rachel & Josh

Foreigner,

Hi mysteryattic,

Yes, indeed we are working with the online community to help move these cases forward. However, what we are doing goes beyond missing persons. I totally get being skeptical, there are loads of programs out there rehashing the gory details of murders, especially murders of women. Exploiting their stories after their deaths and hurting family and friends who have been left behind. I get it. Among many things I am proud of about, is that our series does not shy away from talking about how media responds to serial murder. How the public responds. When you talk about "creepy," that's really the most creepy aspect to our show when I think about it.

Thanks for taking time to express your views, I hope you have a chance to watch the program once it airs.

Best,
Rachel & Josh

Hi Foreigner,

It's funny, your name just came up earlier this week when we were in the field down in Florida. We were interviewing Hugh Auslander.

Unfortunately, we cannot respond to every post on websleuths as Josh and I are constantly on the road but we do read them. As far as not responding to you personally, we wanted to speak with you but my colleague received a message saying you were too busy, so we were disappointed. If that changes please do let us know. Everyone on Websleuths says, "have you spoken to theforeigner?" =)

Thanks for all the work you've done on websleuths, we hope we can do websleuths justice in the series, I know we are working our a$$ to do so.

Best,
Rachel & Josh

ahhhh HA--would have loved to see his face as her name was mentioned, whether by him(likely) or by interviewers---boy to be a fly on that wall or to read your notes after that interview--priceless---pretty sure he and TF won't be exchanging XMAS cards anytime soon

I want to assure you Rachel and Josh (AKA Danse_Macabre) appreciate everyone's work. Please understand they are literally on the road every day, going across the nation filming, doing interviews, research and on and on.

It would not be surprising if Josh and Rachel's schedules have prevented them from checking this thread.

Rachel and Josh are always gracious and have on many occasions expressed how impressed they are with the work done by Websleuths members.

If Josh and Rachel were not the caring and honest people I have found them to be I would never have agreed to allow their access to Websleuths and our members.

Tricia

concur--everyone is entitled to an opinion, especially if they felt slighted, but come on--but it's dismaying people didn't take all their travel, field work, case load into a small window, etc. into account :notgood: :slap:

Tricia is right, we are literally on the road almost every day. I just got back from Daytona and flying back out on Wednesday. Our month in Sept is packed between Daytona, Boston, Albuquerque, DC, and AC.

Rachel & Josh

Welcome back--will be jumping back over to the Daytona pages see if you have anything new/interesting/leads to research etc..(still thinking you got the stonewalled on the police reports and they gave you the Public version of them-something tells me in the commanding officer's lockbox or lead investigator's is the true original police reports that had those details from the AMW guy---hackshaw would agree that sometimes there are 2 versions of the original police report in a serial homicide run to protect the investigation, help distinguish from copycat, etc---but i digress)--Looking forward to the future Albuquerque findings-hokey case like Jennings, and a little like here--I'd suggest Jennings for a future docu, but honestly believe your presonal safety would be greatly at risk down there----have some alumni friends that did some research on some of Albuquerque--trying to get their archived stuff and see if anything is there that isn't on websleuths

Im glad someone is doing a documentary about this case. Someone has to bring this case back to life. The silence is a slap in the face for the victims and thier families.

To be honest,I think this case needs rehashing. There has been little press about this case of late. There have been 4 tv shows about the topic (Dark Minds, 48 hours, A and E and Disappeared ) but it has been years thst the case has been rehashed. Ever the optimist, I keep thinking that a citizen will hear or see something that will make them say " Hey maybe,I know who this guy is?" I really think it was the repeated use of the word creepy on the radio broadcast that triggered my strong reaction.

Hi Mysteryattic,

Yes, we actually already have interviewed many. They've all been very welcoming to us.

-Rachel

Hey Rachel & Josh

They [Police] traced a second phone that belonged to her [Melissa] to an ex-con who said he picked it up after a tussle between hookers in Times Square orchestrated by a pimp.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...-taunt-victim-sister-sources-article-1.155294

Does Melissa's family know the name (and/or aliases?) of this ex-con?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back