weekend break: discuss the latest here #123

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopeful One I was just noticing that her looks have deteriorated since her first day in court. Her skin is not plump. Her hair looks fuller, perhaps because it was shampooed. Looks like she had some make up on then. Now her face just looks long, sunken and older. Her eyes even appear different from then till now.

She looks like she is shrinking. I bet her schoolmarm look is to get her as far away from sexy as possible. I guess the "plain jane" look is more in line with one faking it as a victim of domestic violence. Or maybe you cannot dye your hair and use make-up in prison.

Little Mel in ATL;9170701 Now for the question currently on my mind: It's my understanding that JA's story about being tied to the bed posts on June 4 said:
Hi, I'm new myself, but I do know the answer to that one. Whether the tying really happened or not, she did not say "bed posts" -- on a sleigh bed, the rope would need to be threaded behind the entire headboard, then out each side onto the wrists or whatever. Think of someone tying you to your chair -- the rope would go around the back of the chair, then onto you.

(sorry for messing up that quote feature -- this was to Little Mel in ATL --- I hope to learn the correct procedure here, one way or another!)

Speaking of opening statements, who do you think will do the closing for the defense? I think it's a given that Juan will handle the closing for the prosecution, and I'm certain that it will be like a fabulous gift box, neatly wrapped and tied with a beautiful bow.

I think JW will do the closing. She is a woman and is more approachable than Nurmi.

Reminds me of how I felt about Cindy Anthony, willing to throw her almost-son-in-law in to the midst of a death penalty case, along with many other young people.

Exactly!

Reminds me of Zenaida Gonzalez.

What'd she ever do besides have a name on an apartment mailbox?

Maybe Casey Anthony and Jodi Arias should continue to cage fight until they finish each other off...

Gotta get back to work but had to share that said boyfriend
Who hates this trial and supposedly does not watch
Just sent me a txt to tell me
"Now Pebbles is addressing the jury " lol

Hi, I'm new myself, but I do know the answer to that one. Whether the tying really happened or not, she did not say "bed posts" -- on a sleigh bed, the rope would need to be threaded behind the entire headboard, then out each side onto the wrists or whatever. Think of someone tying you to your chair -- the rope would go around the back of the chair, then onto you.

(sorry for messing up that quote feature -- this was to Little Mel in ATL --- I hope to learn the correct procedure here, one way or another!)

it is actually really simple you are just missing an end bracket ] add ] to the end of the user name you are quoting and everything will look copasetic.

HTH

I don't think that she will be teaching any domestic violence workshops any time in the near future or thereafter. She destroyed her own credibility by refering to JA as a domestic violence victim when Travis was the real domestic violence victim, seeing that he ended up dead.
has she ever testified on behalf of someone in a murder trial before?

Snow White with a black eye of course, right?

Anyone remember that picture that Jodi drew of a beaten Snow White - that's the first thing I thought of when Juan brought that up yesterday.

Me too! As soon as he was talking about Snow White I was thinking he was going to bring that drawing in is that is all I could think about in the beginning before I saw where he was going. :D

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I think (not certain) that her diaries were collected at the time of arrest when a search warrant was served on the grandparents' home.
Doesn't mean they aren't fabrications, just that she wrote them in the days and weeks immediately before/after the murder.

Thanks, Schuby!

Regarding the entries she said she tore out so Travis wouldn't read them or because they were too negative to be in keeping with the Law of Attraction, but somehow she has retrieved them, and they have been referenced in various testiphonies... Have these entries been validated and submitted as evidence? I can't keep up with all the lies!!! :banghead:

I don't see how this is possible; please explain. The journals were seized from her bedroom after she was arrested - Flores tells her in the interrogation that the police have the journals. (JA checks to make sure they have both.)

The journals have not been in her possession since she was arrested, and certainly not with her in the jail cell.

Hi ricky. She murdered him on June 4, and was not arrested until June 15 (or 19th), so she had time between the murder and the arrest.

Many speculate that she began setting up (fabricating) the journal entries, social networking, electronic correspondence and other information in May, if not before.

And then there are those forged pedophile letters...

The unfortunate thing is I bet she DOES do great work in a counselling role with victims and abusers. Too bad she sold her soul for $$$.

Basically whatever money she is going to get from this trial will probably be negated by the loss of income for her speaking engagements. Too bad people's memories are short. Probably by next month people will have forgotten the injustice she did to Travis and will be back to enriching her pocketbook.

I think JW will do the closing. She is a woman and is more approachable than Nurmi.

I think a realistic fear of the collective, audible groan from the jury if Nurmi rose to begin the close means JW will do it.

Gotta get back to work but had to share that said boyfriend
Who hates this trial and supposedly does not watch
Just sent me a txt to tell me
"Now Pebbles is addressing the jury " lol

So funny! My hubby likes true crime stories but he likes to have endings so he really doesn't get involved into trials like I do. But this one, he acted for 2 months like he didn't care. Then he was rushing home to catch the end or texting me throughout the day to see what was going on. Now he knows the trial schedule and all the people.

He even does a "nurmi wing" when we're cooking in the kitchen and stuff. It always cracks me up.

I explained to him that this is a very important trial for Men's rights and that this trial will probably be studied in law schools. Also, it's so rare to see a jury be able to ask questions.

Yeah, he's hooked now :great:

I just realized in JW's opening argument, she makes it sound as if Travis & JA are dating, he's treating her so sweetly and it "sealed the deal" ~ so she then moves to AZ.. WTH?

Uh, no Jen, actually she moved to Mesa after they broke up ~ Stalking is fun & easy when you're local! Silly lawyer!
(Sorry.. it's getting harder & harder to deal with JW ~ watching trial videos a second time, you catch so many subtle lies missed the first time around.. horrible..)

Me too! As soon as he was talking about Snow White I was thinking he was going to bring that drawing in is that is all I could think about in the beginning before I saw where he was going. :D

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

I want to see Juan play the 1937 Disney version of "Someday My Prince Will Come" and watch ALV's head explode, only metaphorically of course.

I can just hear it now -

I have this one client, who suffered through a year of the worst verbal abuse ever...she ended up facilitating his death...

There. I fixed it for you. No way Alyce would ever call Travis's death a murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth